90 replies to this topic

#21 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

Been having some of the best PUG matches since the challenge started.
Both team would push and pull as the battle unfold, often with very close score.

#22 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 22 August 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

or possibly the worst for some people depending on their ELO bracket lol

but still chance at a mech bay, 7 days premium and 6.5 mil cbills worth it just gotta stock up on some booze :D

What I'm seeing in my matches right now is a few high scoring players, occasionally including myself, a few average players and a whole bunch of derpy players that are only really useful as a distraction. 2-3 players scoring well over 100 points and 6-7 players scoring less than 20 isn't uncommon. I'm basically trying to carry with the Direwhale pugzapper I made for that exact purpose now, which quite frequently doesn't work.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 22 August 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#23 Henree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

enjoying this challenge, it's something useful to win and so far it seems quite the fight, this way less teamkilling more teamwork.
really nice, enjoying this one!!

#24 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

10 yea ok, 20 ehhh tolerable,,,,, 50 for the cbills??? nopeeee

I want some of those maple leafs they smoking if they think suffering through a min of 50 matches in solo que is worth it.

#25 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostMark Brandhauber, on 22 August 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

look at the matchmaker statistic 80% heavy and assault, worst challenge ever.

Or... best challenge ever to get lights and mediums buffed.

4/5/2/1 would be my idea drop comp.

#26 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

View PostMark Brandhauber, on 22 August 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

look at the matchmaker statistic 80% heavy and assault, worst challenge ever.

dont know about everyone else im dropping in assaults because i know im gonna need an extra strong back to carry my team more then likely.

#27 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 22 August 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

That is a big part of why I think this challenge is worse than any of the others. It is going to bring the worst out in people as frustrations mount from losses. The number of toxic comments in game are going to be legion.

That's a dbag issue, not an event issue though. The only difference in this one? You've got group players complaining more because they don't want to have to drop in the pug queue. Every single event brings out the dbags who just want to game and abuse the system every way they can to get their rewards as quickly as possible. This one is no different in that regard

#28 Tsig

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostSandpit, on 22 August 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

That's a dbag issue, not an event issue though. The only difference in this one? You've got group players complaining more because they don't want to have to drop in the pug queue. Every single event brings out the dbags who just want to game and abuse the system every way they can to get their rewards as quickly as possible. This one is no different in that regard

Honestly, if they would have let people group up for this challenge, both Solo and Group queues would've been a lot better off. At least in group queue I can rely on some of my teammates to not be complete idiots. In the solo games I've been in, I've seen people with incredibly bad builds, people that can't aim to save their lives, and I'm pretty sure at least 3 of them were using joysticks to aim.

Having this challenge be solo queue only is beyond asinine. It's mostly an exercise in frustration for those of us that are used to playing with and against better players.

#29 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

okay i take it back.. F this damn challenge......... and the MM can burn in you know where lol

#30 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

no it sucks....5 hours of play, 6 wins....

#31 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

View PostTsig, on 22 August 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

Having this challenge be solo queue only is beyond asinine. It's mostly an exercise in frustration for those of us that are used to playing with and against better players.

That I agree with. I don't understand PGI's constant disdain of groups (unless you're in a 12man "competitive" group that is)

#32 babboa

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

The suicide farmers are pretty awful tonight. 3 of 5 matches over an hour or so I ran into one player who is suicide farming with lights. Rushes the enemy at the beginning, gets in a couple laser hits, then immediately goes down to massed fire before disconnecting and moving on to the next mech in their bay.

#33 monk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

View Postbabboa, on 22 August 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

The suicide farmers are pretty awful tonight. 3 of 5 matches over an hour or so I ran into one player who is suicide farming with lights. Rushes the enemy at the beginning, gets in a couple laser hits, then immediately goes down to massed fire before disconnecting and moving on to the next mech in their bay.

Just report them and move on. Not much else to do. Statistically there should be a roughly equal number of morons on both sides throughout the weekend.

#34 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

View PostBudor, on 22 August 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

THE WEEKEND HAS STARTED, YAY!

Posted Image

That almost looks like you were in a game with folks sync dropping who had decided in advance which side would win ... I don't think I have ever seen a match in which everyone else on the team did so little damage. (Either that or the team you were on had everyone drive in different directions and were killed one by one ...)

#35 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:20 PM

seen a lot of farmers...just run straight at the opposing team and get killed in the first minute..
then DC, no doubt to hop in a different mech and do the same thing....all hoping his now gimped team can carry for the win

#36 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostMawai, on 22 August 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

That almost looks like you were in a game with folks sync dropping who had decided in advance which side would win ... I don't think I have ever seen a match in which everyone else on the team did so little damage. (Either that or the team you were on had everyone drive in different directions and were killed one by one ...)

I see them on a regular basis, especially with all the lag, rubber banding, and desyncs currently plaguing the game. People tend to forget about all those issues in favor of "my team sucks", "new players suck", and "it must be groups sync dropping"

View PostBulletsponge0, on 22 August 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

seen a lot of farmers...just run straight at the opposing team and get killed in the first minute..
then DC, no doubt to hop in a different mech and do the same thing....all hoping his now gimped team can carry for the win

oh and this

#37 kesuga7

• The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 22 August 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

no it sucks....5 hours of play, 6 wins....

thats just depresssing

i dont want to grind anymore plz! :angry:

last challenge was fine

#38 wolf74

• 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

Not for Me it is not. I Don't solo Drop so No Challenge for me.

Edited by wolf74, 22 August 2014 - 08:03 PM.

#39 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

View Postkesuga7, on 22 August 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

thats just depresssing

i dont want to grind anymore plz! :angry:

last challenge was fine

except you're not the only one who plays the game and every single challenge/event that has been run to date has been based on kills. Many of us are tired of that and have been asking for something based on team wins to be included as well. If you don't like the challenge don't participate? Some of us want wins as well not just kills. How many events have been run that players like you enjoyed compared to how many events have been run that players like me (wanting team based events) want?

#40 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

on the plus side by time i get my 50 wins ill have earned at least 15 million cbills
just have to decide which of the onsale mechs i want

33 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 33 guests, 0 anonymous users