Can You Stop The Practice Pgi?

946 replies to this topic

#461 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

So here is a screenshot from the last Marik Monday madness. Guess who was on the sync drop.

Posted Image

If you guessed the winning team of Starwolf, Firebahl and Raider and the losers of Myself and Chaote you'd be right. Now would Shath and Landrgn get in trouble as well if this was reported? What about the 4 Kurita pilots if somebody on my team accused them?

Edited by QuackAttack, 26 August 2014 - 06:50 PM.

#462 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 August 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

Doing it like that is like always aiming for the side torso on a Timby. It LOOKS like a good idea. That's why Timbys always seem so tough.

What' I'm not going to do is go through the mechanics of how to sync drop :)

I know how to sync drop lol

I've done plenty of them. I've watched hundreds. Now the only thing that MIGHT change that would be CW which is irrelevant anyhow because solos will have to play alongside groups anyhow.

#463 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:13 PM

I think your getting an overblown sense of selfworth here. Im not going to hate anyone over a spergfest forum thread. Put a contract out on you? Over a forum post? Lol why would i pay someone to do my dirty work when i could enjoy doing it myself? Im not going to freak out on you ingame. Myself and Sandpit just had a nice little slugfest on frozen. Me in my direwolf and him in a Misery. No harsh words were exchanged but actually a gg. Your constant posts railing against anyone against groups dropping in the solo que is what is keeping this flamewar going. You just keep inserting your foot deeper and deeper. Protip: Be quiet and let the devs decide. I doubt we will get an official answer but if we do i will abide by it whether i like it or not.

Edited by beerandasmoke, 26 August 2014 - 07:22 PM.

#464 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

View Postbeerandasmoke, on 26 August 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:

I think your getting an overblown sense of selfworth here. Im not going to hate anyone over a spergfest forum thread. Put a contract out on you? Over a forum post? Lol why would i pay someone to do my dirty work when i could enjoy doing it myself? Im not going to freak out on you ingame. Myself and Sandpit just had a nice little slugfest on frozen. Me in my direwolf and him in a Misery. No harsh words were exchanged but actually a gg. Your constant posts railing against anyone against groups dropping in the solo que is what is keeping this flamewar going. You just keep inserting your foot deeper and deeper. Protip: Be quiet and let the devs decide. I doubt we will get an official answer but if we do i will abide by it whether i like it or not.

was that you??

well fought! had me worried for a bit, if you had charged I'd have been toast. I jsut kept hiding, alpha, cool off, repeat lol took 4 volleys to take you down with 5LLs at a time! that was a good game though :P

buuuuuuuuuuuuut

bounties?
oh heck yea, i'm taking out bounties on a LOT of people. Even unit members :P lol

#465 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

overblown sense of self worth? Try disturbingly low opinion of the QQ brigade's attitude. More than a few people have called for whole teams to focus me down at the start of matches. I've had guys suicide rush me and die to the other 6 mechs around me hoping to kill me before they died. That's how my team started calling me "The Porkchop" because the dogs just couldn't stop trying to bite me even if it killed them.

Protip: Don't assume you know everything, and heed your own advice. Let the devs decide.

#466 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 26 August 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

overblown sense of self worth? Try disturbingly low opinion of the QQ brigade's attitude. More than a few people have called for whole teams to focus me down at the start of matches. I've had guys suicide rush me and die to the other 6 mechs around me hoping to kill me before they died. That's how my team started calling me "The Porkchop" because the dogs just couldn't stop trying to bite me even if it killed them.

Protip: Don't assume you know everything, and heed your own advice. Let the devs decide.

Wow.....ok well you have a good night.

#467 RussianWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

Knowing that the devs have selectively allowed certain exploits in the past (there is a list of them in the coc as exceptions to their rules) I have little doubt that this may become one of those. Short sighted on their part in my opinion as those exceptions have repeatedly hurt new player experience in the past and may today as well.

Edited by RussianWolf, 26 August 2014 - 09:19 PM.

#468 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

View PostRussianWolf, on 26 August 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

Knowing that the devs have selectively allowed certain exploits in the past (there is a list of them in the coc as exceptions to their rules) I have little doubt that this may become one of those. Short sighted on their part in my opinion as those exceptions have repeatedly hurt new player experience in the past and may today as well.

That's just it though, if PGI says it isn't an exploit, then it isn't an exploit

#469 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

I wouldn't expect that PGI is gonna say this isn't an exploit, given that they specifically created a solo and a group queue.

#470 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostRoland, on 27 August 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

I wouldn't expect that PGI is gonna say this isn't an exploit, given that they specifically created a solo and a group queue.

I wouldn't have expected PGI to announce CW and then announce that they hadn't started working on it yet after a year of "It's coming soon" either, point being, we simply don't know and they've decided to remain silent (imagine that) on it.

#471 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostSandpit, on 27 August 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

That's just it though, if PGI says it isn't an exploit, then it isn't an exploit

No they define exploit. Then they provide exceptions.

So its an allowed exploit, but its still an exploit. Such as 3rd party VOIP, and Macros. Specifically saying that its an exception to the rule, means it fits the rule.

#472 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostRussianWolf, on 27 August 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

No they define exploit. Then they provide exceptions.

So its an allowed exploit, but its still an exploit. Such as 3rd party VOIP, and Macros. Specifically saying that its an exception to the rule, means it fits the rule.

Where is there an exception in the CoC for 3rd party VOIP? There is an exception for some macros, and unfortunately that seems to include UAC macros, and those at least you could get most to agree are cheating.

#473 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

sure, its what buried the usual suspects last time

http://mwomercs.com/...ity-sync-drops/

Different case Sherlock. Try again.

What does that prove again?

#474 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

View PostQuackAttack, on 27 August 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

Where is there an exception in the CoC for 3rd party VOIP?

Come back when you figure out what the C3 option in your settings was supposed to be for.

#475 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostQuackAttack, on 27 August 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

Where is there an exception in the CoC for 3rd party VOIP? There is an exception for some macros, and unfortunately that seems to include UAC macros, and those at least you could get most to agree are cheating.

http://mwomercs.com/...ploitsgriefing/

Last Paragraph (not in COC, my bad)

#476 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

I get that pgi has a lot going on right now but this could stand an official response.

#477 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

No bad on you for that, I like how Chat macros are exempted there and not others.

#478 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 27 August 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

I get that pgi has a lot going on right now but this could stand an official response.

Than perhaps you or someone that feels the same should bring it to their attention? They don't go scouring the boards looking for s*** to comment on.

#479 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostEscef, on 27 August 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

Than perhaps you or someone that feels the same should bring it to their attention? They don't go scouring the boards looking for s*** to comment on.

That is the issue. I have - a couple of people.

Though I am willing to say that setting groups up is a more important expenditure of zots right now.

#480 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostEscef, on 27 August 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

MischiefSC, was good enough to petition, and he received a reply that sync dropping was considered an exploit. Understandably he's not posting a private email on the forums. Now I happen to disagree with that finding and have searched for and found some evidence from Paul, that it is not. Thus we all wait on the prodding that was promised to get an official response.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users