Can You Stop The Practice Pgi?

946 replies to this topic

#521 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

View PostSandpit, on 27 August 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

no, i'm arguing that PGI has not said it's illegal. Period. That's a fact, not semantics. Until they say it's illegal, it's not.

Pretty simple they are waffling. They dont want to make groups who do this mad but on the other hand they dont want to enrage 70% of the player base. What to do? From my experience in other games its illegal and can be used to exploit. We will see what happens.

On a side note with clan tags ingame now people attempting this are going to be easy to spot and get flamed on. Do it enough and your clan gets a bad rep which i think is a good thing.

Edited by beerandasmoke, 27 August 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#522 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

View Postbeerandasmoke, on 27 August 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Pretty simple they are waffling. They dont want to make groups who do this mad but on the other hand they dont want to enrage 70% of the player base. What to do? From my experience in other games its illegal and can be used to exploit. We will see what happens.

On a side note with clan tags ingame now people attempting this are going to be easy to spot and get flamed on. Do it enough and your clan gets a bad rep which i think is a good thing.

And if a group has 50 solo players on at one time and 3-5 of them happen to be on the same side? Are we to run to the Intarwebz to scream SYNC DROP!!?

#523 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 27 August 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

And I'm taking Mischief at his word.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.....maybe.

It's not even that I don't believe Mischief. We've had the same situation with FoV before. Support said one thing, devs said another. That's why we need an official ruling

#524 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

Report one of the people on the forums for it and see what response you get.

#525 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 27 August 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

And if a group has 50 solo players on at one time and 3-5 of them happen to be on the same side? Are we to run to the Intarwebz to scream SYNC DROP!!?

You have a group of 50 people online and they all want to play solo? Why even join group TS then? Lol this is farming pure and simple. I cant hack it in the group que and solo is too hard. Sync drop and 3 out of 10 times i end up with teammates. Then i get carried another couple of games and im good. Making money and can grind mechs. Solo challenge for 50 wins? Sync drop over and over and we will get through this because hey i cant hack it solo.

#526 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 27 August 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

oddly enough I thought of a simple one.

Program in a random 0-X (say 30) second delay when anyone hits the launch buttonbefore it actaully makes them available in the queue. Basically desyncs the button and makes the whole idea moot.

No policing would then be needed.

It won't work. During Marik Monday Madness events people will press launch up to a minute or more after the rest and still end up in a match with people who tried to sync.

#527 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 27 August 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

True. But you don't just want them sitting there. That's stupid. Maybe just let them tinker with non-qued Mechs in the lab. Or shrink the window.

I think it should combine with a split queue. For example Player one is flagged into game 1 and player 2 game 2 alternating between 1 and 2 so as to split between two games.

#528 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Just prevent members of the same unit from joining the same game in the solo queue.

Beyond that, i wouldn't bother.

#529 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 27 August 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

Yes?

#530 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

If I post a comprehensive guide on it and get banned or even sent to k-town, but no official clarification.. Then what?

#531 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 27 August 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

Yes?

not a positive contribution then :)

Posted Image

^^This^^ does not help on the interwebs.

Edited by Kjudoon, 27 August 2014 - 05:55 PM.

#532 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

View Postbeerandasmoke, on 27 August 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

You have a group of 50 people online and they all want to play solo? Why even join group TS then? Lol this is farming pure and simple. I cant hack it in the group que and solo is too hard. Sync drop and 3 out of 10 times i end up with teammates. Then i get carried another couple of games and im good. Making money and can grind mechs. Solo challenge for 50 wins? Sync drop over and over and we will get through this because hey i cant hack it solo.

I make a comment and you are the one tossing insults, yet I am the whiner who can't hack it?

Listen up chuckles, just because you don't have the mental capacity to comprehend a large unit with who can easily have people who just want to solo drop to test new builds, or might get family aggro and have to leave suddenly, or etc etc an dthus might have multiple members drop in the same match, then that's your problem not mine.

#533 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 27 August 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

I make a comment and you are the one tossing insults, yet I am the whiner who can't hack it?

Listen up chuckles, just because you don't have the mental capacity to comprehend a large unit with who can easily have people who just want to solo drop to test new builds, or might get family aggro and have to leave suddenly, or etc etc an dthus might have multiple members drop in the same match, then that's your problem not mine.

psst... this is the same group of complainers that said group members who sync drop do so because they're not good. Would you be losing to players who were not good if this was true?

#534 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image

--->

Posted Image

#535 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 27 August 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

Yes?

No. :)

The point is just because you see multiple members in a match, doesn't mean the planned it and are trying to get around it. Just as in the old days when 2 or 3 four mans happened to land in the same match. Even if on opposite sides, people would whine about sync drops when we started talking smack. FTR, I only personally saw a accidental 12 man one time, and it happened when we had 4 or 5 groups running.

It isn't a huge problem, just some people think stomps equal Evil Pre-Made Tryhards because they don't understand Combat Loss Grouping or that sometimes people just follow the fracking Atlas and focus fire without TS.

#536 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 27 August 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

psst... this is the same group of complainers that said group members who sync drop do so because they're not good. Would you be losing to players who were not good if this was true?

Technically, it could put you in games that are down in the elo basement against other bad players, but you would still have an unfair advantage against those players.

#537 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

View PostRoland, on 27 August 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

Just prevent members of the same unit from joining the same game in the solo queue.

Beyond that, i wouldn't bother.

how do you propose to do that with wait times already hitting several minutes for some? Do you know how bad queue times would get?

#538 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

View PostSandpit, on 27 August 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

how do you propose to do that with wait times already hitting several minutes for some? Do you know how bad queue times would get?

Errr.. They wouldn't really get any worse for anyone other than folks trying to sync drop.

#539 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

View PostSandpit, on 27 August 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

And how will this be obeyed come CW when solo droppers even of the same unit will end up together. Or how about groups the size of the FWLM? What're you at now 2500? Really? You're going to alienate that size of a group?

I think some people estimate the value of their lone wolf contribution to this game.

Edited by Kjudoon, 27 August 2014 - 06:24 PM.

#540 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

I don't think it's really going to alienate any of those folks dude, because most folks in units tend to drop with other members of their units in the group queue when playing with them.

The only people who would be impacted would be people who were dropping in the hopes of being put into solo games with members of their own unit, and for some reason didn't just form a group with those teammates.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users