Can You Stop The Practice Pgi?

946 replies to this topic

#821 Slick66

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:16 PM

I just want to dispel the erroneous notion that sync dropping in the Seraphim, outside of scheduled "fun" events, is a regular practice, and some of the characterizations of our playing ethics put forth in the course of this thread verge on the slanderous.

#822 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostRoland, on 02 September 2014 - 04:06 PM, said:

There seems to be little reason to keep fighting over it, as Alex already dealt with things in an exceptionally professional manner. As a result, I can't support anyone saying anything bad about the Seraphim. If any of their events caused ill feelings, it was clearly not their intent, as evident by their decision to deal with it.

It's the same thing for MMM though
and countless other units. You have those that want to paint it in another light, but that's simply untrue. So instead of attacking one another for PGI's poor policy making and enforcement, it would be much more productive to find ways to prevent abuse while letting those who DON'T do it with the intent to abuse anyone to continue.

#823 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:22 PM

View PostSlick66, on 02 September 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

I just want to dispel the erroneous notion that sync dropping in the Seraphim, outside of scheduled "fun" events, is a regular practice, and some of the characterizations of our playing ethics put forth in the course of this thread verge on the slanderous.

Yes, I think that part of the problem, and one that Alex recognized, was that there is very little to differentiate those who do it for advantage from those who do it for some other more benign reason.

#824 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostRoland, on 02 September 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Yes, I think that part of the problem, and one that Alex recognized, was that there is very little to differentiate those who do it for advantage from those who do it for some other more benign reason.

which is why a "it's ok as long as your intent is noble" policy won't fix anything.

#825 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostSandpit, on 02 September 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

which is why a "it's ok as long as your intent is noble" policy won't fix anything.

Yes, that's why Alex decided to stop doing it.

#826 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 02 September 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

I did notice one match last night with 4 members of the same unit, 2 on each side. Odds of that happening without syncing are pretty low I think. I didn't care but did comment in chat.

First off, do you have any idea of how many members that unit has?

Second, if you didn't care, why did you say something?

#827 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostSlick66, on 02 September 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

See the way Kudjoon was saying it was happening made it sound like that there were a group of Seraphim who were dropping as a regular practice, not just for fun events. That is the impression I got from his posts, and I believe several others did also.

#828 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostTKSax, on 02 September 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

See the way Kudjoon was saying it was happening made it sound like that there were a group of Seraphim who were dropping as a regular practice, not just for fun events. That is the impression I got from his posts, and I believe several others did also.

Ahh ya no I can see how that impression came to be. Ya no we basically just modified MMM because for some of our guys Mondays at 9 central just didnt work. I figured that was a lot of what happened though.

#829 Slick66

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:48 PM

Rgr that; all I can speak to is what I've seen, which I've related above.

Now that the decision's been made, it will be respected.

Edited by Slick66, 02 September 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#830 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

View PostMal, on 01 September 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

<mod hat on>

It's a game folks. I get that people are passionate about it, but.. let's leave the comparison to certain real world crimes out. It's inappropriate, and doesn't help ANYONE make their argument.

If people can't post, while keeping the code of conduct in mind, the thread will be closed.

Posted Image

<mod hat off>

So Mal, if we stop playing nice can we at least get an official answer before you close the thread? Please! I'll send ya some yummy Marik SpaceBacon!

#831 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

View PostQuackAttack, on 02 September 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

So Mal, if we stop playing nice can we at least get an official answer before you close the thread? Please! I'll send ya some yummy Marik SpaceBacon!

Mmmmm.... Bacon.

Posted Image

I can poke the powers that be, see if Niko or someone can swing by and give the current official stance. Can't make any promises though, PGI is still dealing with all the post-migration/pre-patch stuff. Not sure where the sync-dropping falls on the priority chart for them.

#832 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:38 PM

View PostMal, on 02 September 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

Mmmmm.... Bacon.

Posted Image

I can poke the powers that be, see if Niko or someone can swing by and give the current official stance. Can't make any promises though, PGI is still dealing with all the post-migration/pre-patch stuff. Not sure where the sync-dropping falls on the priority chart for them.

I am now going to ignore this thread until such time. Thanks! And how do you feel about Tactical Bacon?
http://www.amazon.co...=tactical+bacon

#833 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:40 PM

View PostQuackAttack, on 02 September 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

I am now going to ignore this thread until such time. Thanks! And how do you feel about Tactical Bacon?
http://www.amazon.co...=tactical+bacon

It's bacon to ensure you have bacon through the zombie apocalypse..how could anyone not like it???

#834 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

Ahh another thread that has been hijacked by the power of bacon :)

#835 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:09 AM

Appreciate the poke to the powers that be. As a priority it should be way down the list, but a rules clarification is never a bad thing.

It's a win either way - either we can close the book on the topic or we have an excuse to use gifs like this:

Posted Image

The internet is full of NSYNC gifs. Don't think I won't do it.

#836 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:31 AM

View PostRoland, on 02 September 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

Yes, that's why Alex decided to stop doing it.

But that was Alex's choice to make. I still don't have a problem facing groups of 2-4 in the PUG que, and if he had not chosen to take "the high road" I would not have thought less of him and his. It is a team game after all.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 03 September 2014 - 02:32 AM.

#837 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:07 AM

Thanks for the poke to the powers that be. I understand the priority's but for a clarification of the rules it should be up there on the list. From everything I have read over the issue it was always left open ended to be decided as the game matures. Was allowed on a short leash up to now from my understanding. Many of us think we are past that time of clarification no matter what side of the issue we are on.

So please when an issue goes 40 pages in a short span of time and is so contentious someone in gods realm should fart or speak.

I did what support asked me to do so the ball is fully in your court. And if I haven't said it enough already thanks for a great game with lots of potential. I think many of us feel that way overall.

#838 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:21 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 September 2014 - 02:31 AM, said:

But that was Alex's choice to make. I still don't have a problem facing groups of 2-4 in the PUG que, and if he had not chosen to take "the high road" I would not have thought less of him and his. It is a team game after all.

Exactly, it's just like someone deciding not to eat meat out of respect for animals. That's their choice and that's cool, but they shouldn't try to make others who do eat meat "feel bad"

#839 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:30 AM

View PostSandpit, on 03 September 2014 - 05:21 AM, said:

Exactly, it's just like someone deciding not to eat meat out of respect for animals. That's their choice and that's cool, but they shouldn't try to make others who do eat meat "feel bad"

Not even close.

Your participating in a closed system like any sport or game. There are rules with ramifications if you go outside them. When the rules are vague issues arise that need to be addressed. That is all this is, just a call for clarification of the rules. All you have been fighting here is that need to clarify and I wont go to motivation. That's on you alone.

#840 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:50 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 03 September 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

Not even close.

Your participating in a closed system like any sport or game. There are rules with ramifications if you go outside them. When the rules are vague issues arise that need to be addressed. That is all this is, just a call for clarification of the rules. All you have been fighting here is that need to clarify and I wont go to motivation. That's on you alone.

Mine is that I like unexpected challenges when I play. As a Lawman or a PUG. A small number of players on Comms is a challenge I will happily sink my teeth into... Even IF they get kicked in.

Until the DEVs post It is "Illegal" its just a tough challenge for me.

34 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users