67 replies to this topic

#1 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

Now what..... I'm at a loss, I put up with so many bad matches and teams that I can not fathom loading it up now to put myself in a bad mood for no good reason. Your challenge ruined the game for me for a while. I guess that mech I bought for 4 mil that took that free mech bay, the upgrades I gave it brought it to 6 mil, and the 7 days I will no doubt need to recover from the HE11 I just suffered..... pretty much just got 50 wins for a Raven-3L, and 50 wins would have bought it any day of the week, and I still have 6 empty mech bays. Well I guess if you didn't have a open mech bay its an all in one package.

But then you had that free mech in a mech bay that is by far still my fave TDR-9S, that was a good one.... this was horrible and in all honesty it needs to have something more to set it apart. I thought the Operation 24 was hard but I have the medal to prove it, this.... I bought a mech that I could have bought 10X over with the cash on hand. I think we all deserve a free Pug, that's what we did PUG.... and paid for it with our souls.

I think we earned it.

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

View PostLotharian, on 25 August 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

Now what..... I'm at a loss, I put up with so many bad matches and teams that I can not fathom loading it up now to put myself in a bad mood for no good reason. Your challenge ruined the game for me for a while. I guess that mech I bought for 4 mil that took that free mech bay, the upgrades I gave it brought it to 6 mil, and the 7 days I will no doubt need to recover from the HE11 I just suffered..... pretty much just got 50 wins for a Raven-3L, and 50 wins would have bought it any day of the week, and I still have 6 empty mech bays. Well I guess if you didn't have a open mech bay its an all in one package.

But then you had that free mech in a mech bay that is by far still my fave TDR-9S, that was a good one.... this was horrible and in all honesty it needs to have something more to set it apart. I thought the Operation 24 was hard but I have the medal to prove it, this.... I bought a mech that I could have bought 10X over with the cash on hand. I think we all deserve a free Pug, that's what we did PUG.... and paid for it with our souls.

I think we earned it.

smh

#3 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

I had fun with mine.

#4 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 25 August 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

I had fun with mine.

grats

#5 A banana in the tailpipe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

After the latest challenge both LRMS and Clan mechs need to be banned from all further challenges. (and hopefully the game)

#6 Star Colonel Silver Surat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

The constant server issues combined with arty and Clan LRM spam made me hate the game. It's like masochistic self abuse to play it right now.

#7 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

I thought this event was pretty decent. The two best prizes were early on and not too difficult to acquire. The 50 wins was a bit of a chore but the prize wasn't really worth it anyhow so no real compelling reason to go for it if you're not having fun.

#8 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

View Postlockwoodx, on 25 August 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

After the latest challenge both LRMS and Clan mechs need to be banned from all further challenges. (and hopefully the game)

Your opinion is understandable after reading your sig.

#9 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

View PostWolfways, on 25 August 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

Your opinion is understandable after reading your sig.

The team of boats who get the first shot off cause the other team to fall like dominos. Thus is the way of EZ-indirect fire. With how often I see you defending LRMs I'd almost beg to question whether you were handicapped physically and only had one hand to target and click, for that's all LRM boats need to be effective.

#10 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

View Postlockwoodx, on 25 August 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

The team of boats who get the first shot off cause the other team to fall like dominos. Thus is the way of EZ-indirect fire. With how often I see you defending LRMs I'd almost beg to question whether you were handicapped physically and only had one hand to target and click, for that's all LRM boats need to be effective.

In three years I've never played an LRM boat. The closest I've come is a stock-weapon CPLT-C1 (2xLRM15) which i only play when i feel like a challenge, otherwise I'll use one of my easy-to-use direct-fire mechs.

And you forgot one other thing they need to be effective. Easy targets supplied by new/bad players.

Edit: I "defend" any weapon which needs balanced. I used to complain about AC's being OP but they are okay now. Flamers definitely need some love though.
I'm in LRM threads so much because people complain about them so much.

Edited by Wolfways, 25 August 2014 - 09:28 PM.

#11 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostWolfways, on 25 August 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

I'm in LRM threads so much because people complain about them so much.

No wonder your argument is like a broken record, where as the casual player plights need to be heard. They are the life-blood of this game. Your personal fetish for missiles is a niche at best.

Edited by lockwoodx, 25 August 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#12 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

View Postlockwoodx, on 25 August 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

Ummmm yeah.... right. :D

#13 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

View Postlockwoodx, on 25 August 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

They also need some combination of open terrain, players that don't take cover, slow mechs, tag/narc/uav, lack of ecm, lack of target derp to be really effective.

They need a rework/rebalance but not because they are the most OP weapon ever but rather because they're either great or terrible with no middle ground.

Edited by Rouken, 25 August 2014 - 09:33 PM.

#14 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

View Postlockwoodx, on 25 August 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

No wonder your argument is like a broken record,

And yours isn't?

where as the casual player plights need to be heard. They are the life-blood of this game. Your personal fetish for missiles is a niche at best.

Casual player? You mean someone who doesn't play a lot and always drops solo in PUGs...like me?

#15 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

Why do you force yourself to play? I do not get it. If you get bored, then stop playing for some time and go read a book!

#16 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:56 PM

You got a free Mech bay (Free. Mech. Bay. MC-only item...), free week of premium time, and a 6.5 C-bill gift.....

AND YOU FOUND A WAY TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT?!

WTF!?! GTFO!!!

#17 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

View Postlockwoodx, on 25 August 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

No wonder your argument is like a broken record, where as the casual player plights need to be heard. They are the life-blood of this game. Your personal fetish for missiles is a niche at best.

Casual Players? I think you mean, "Bad Players". See, I know casual players who haven't played in months who still understand the half dozen ways to avoid being hit by LRMs.

Again: "LRMs are the only weapon in MWO that get exponentially better the lower your target's skill is." So, again, if you are having issues with LRMs..................... Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

#18 phulcrum

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

I'm trying to finish it right now and over the last few weeks I'm really starting to get tired of the matchmaking formula.

If I win for two hours straight that means I'll lose for two hours straight later in the day. It's real frustrating to average 1-3 kills and 500+ damage while the rest of your team does half that and we get roflstomped for a few hours.

Seriously, fix the matchmaker. Make it less dependent on winning and losing streaks. The only reason I haven't rage quit and gone to bed yet is because of this challenge. So, good on you PGI, you're getting me to play your game even though I hate it at the moment just for CBills.

Guess I'm just a dirty *****...

#19 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

Posted Image

#20 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,974 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

I didn't get to 50, and almost certainly won't - was busy for much of it. But the matches I had were a mixed bag. Some of them were a lot of fun, some of them were HideWarrior cringing contests - but overall I had fun, and the challenge format resulted in MUCH less asinine tomfoolery.

PS: the matchmaking formula is not designed to make you lose to "balance out" your matches. That's not what it does; this is an urban legend akin to practicing divination, or autism-causing vaccinations.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users