#21 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:46 PM

View PostArmandTulsen, on 25 August 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:

You got a free Mech bay (Free. Mech. Bay. MC-only item...), free week of premium time, and a 6.5 C-bill gift.....

AND YOU FOUND A WAY TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT?!

WTF!?! GTFO!!!

In all honesty... YES. noob.

It brought the problems out that are mildly annoying for casual play and compounded them. Look I hate to see a challenge because it gives me a purpose other than the... NOTHING... that the game itself has after you level up all your mechs. I can take the issues in small doses but the win 50 had me playing for hours, and seriously I had a 24 game losing streak to start it out. I the next day won 26 in a row but each and every one was a stomp like I was stomped the day before, after that it was back to the 50/50 that pugs are known for.

I won with ECM and LRM spammers as well as a few gun running Dire wolfs and Madcats. Look the game offers almost nothing in the form of content, and stfu if so much as mention CW, its been in the works for over 2 years and is no where on the horizon at all. Its Solaris without an announcer. Challenges are the only content and forcing you to win 50 games in pugs is crazy, at least if they made it a group challenge it might promote the community.

I'm serious, this challenge burned me a bit on this game but I finish what I start. Games were full of bitter people and my guess is tomorrow will be a hoot... full of cussing and suicides, have fun with that.

Edited by Lotharian, 25 August 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

View PostMercules, on 25 August 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

Casual Players? I think you mean, "Bad Players". See, I know casual players who haven't played in months who still understand the half dozen ways to avoid being hit by LRMs.

Again: "LRMs are the only weapon in MWO that get exponentially better the lower your target's skill is." So, again, if you are having issues with LRMs..................... Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

dude....it's Lockwood. Tis a reason i created the Golden Locky Award for the day's dumbest post.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 26 August 2014 - 05:02 AM.

#23 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:01 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 25 August 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

I didn't get to 50, and almost certainly won't - was busy for much of it. But the matches I had were a mixed bag. Some of them were a lot of fun, some of them were HideWarrior cringing contests - but overall I had fun, and the challenge format resulted in MUCH less asinine tomfoolery.

PS: the matchmaking formula is not designed to make you lose to "balance out" your matches. That's not what it does; this is an urban legend akin to practicing divination, or autism-causing vaccinations.

Interesting, yet one flaw, you think like PGI. You think... there is nothing more I can do with the match maker I have all the science involved and the math is good. Yet still it fails. The real question should be; Why have a match maker? So many multiplayer games have open server swarms to chose... and if MWO did it you would be able to chose a server that is Clan vs IS and you could see that as the last man to join there is no ecm so now you know to bring one, or there are 2 lrm boats and you could make bank with that ecm raven with narc. WHAT??? did I just make sense??? Hmm is it so hard to see the flaws because you want to fix the square tire by polishing the edges rather than look to make a real change that will honestly work?

#24 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:05 PM

Open server drops for FPS 12v12 - so no real weight or skill matching.

We had that. It was terrible. Horrible terrible for most people. I liked it; I rolled with some friends and won ~90% of my matches and anyone who was even moderately decent could drop 200 matches with a KDR of 5 or better. Some of the top ranked teams ran 100 - 0 sometimes. As in 100 straight wins. Those wins were at the expense of players like you.

You can do what you're looking for now; private and premium private matches. I played a bunch today testing Clan vs IS mechs.

Carry harder. Dunno what to tell you.

#25 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:16 PM

Again, I honestly do not understand why would one do something willingly if it may cause psychotic episodes in you? If you are only playing this and not raging because there is a goal set, then reassess your desire to play this game at all.

#26 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:21 AM

Eh, I could foresee the ball of rage-inducing frustration rolling in down the hill from a mile away when this challenge was announced. Hence, I played to 10 wins, got my mechbay and stopped right there. Those 10 wins was hard enough, another 10, let alone 40 more is just not worth the blood pressure IMO. I'm now taking a short break and won't be playing another game until the challenge is over and some sanity sets back in. The Nova should also be available for cbills as well when I get back to it and I won't have burnt myself out on MWO.

#27 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:29 AM

The only thing that annoys me with this contest is the suicide farming. There are a bunch of guys out there that load in a trial mech and DC immediately, hoping the rest of the team can compensate while they jump into another match and do the same. Sad sad tactic.

#28 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:31 AM

I'm not bothered by the 50 kill challenge.Having a life is more important to me and the main challenge for me was the premium time (which I think is a pretty decent reward so thanks pgi).
Teams are so random and can't be relied on so I dont think i'll bother.Also having 4 kids doesn't help lol.
Alba gu brath.

Edited by Charronn, 26 August 2014 - 12:35 AM.

#29 Dirgez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:42 AM

Ahh yes, here is a prime example of why nobody important will ever take these forums seriously. A company almost literally gives away free stuff (with just some effort on the consumer's part to obtain) and people still complain about it.

Sure, in a team centric system, the individual has a smaller impact on the outcomes, and that can feel like the devs are insidious or sadists.

All I can do is assure you that the devs intentions were benign and focused on bringing players in to see CW module 1.

(on a side note, Lotharian, WTF, 24 loses in a row? those are some (near) astronomical odds right there. Then a 26 win streak the next day? Again (near) astronomical odds... I want to be clear, This in not to deride you or create confrontation, but that is some ultimate feast or famine you got right there. I do not know whether to congratulate you or pity you.)

Friday, I got 8 loses in a row after about 21 or so games with 7 wins total for the day and after that 8th straight loss I closed the game and didn't come back to it til Sunday. I do not think I could stay around to get stomped on for 4-5 hours straight.

Edited by WM Dirges, 26 August 2014 - 12:50 AM.

#30 Dirgez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:48 AM

View PostMagnakanus, on 26 August 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

The only thing that annoys me with this contest is the suicide farming. There are a bunch of guys out there that load in a trial mech and DC immediately, hoping the rest of the team can compensate while they jump into another match and do the same. Sad sad tactic.

That is troublesome to think about. I really did not see it abused enough to have a real cause for concern. But either way MWO does need an ingame report feature to easily identify the abusers and deal with them because the kinds of people exist.

Edited by WM Dirges, 26 August 2014 - 12:49 AM.

#31 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:53 AM

View PostLotharian, on 25 August 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

In all honesty... YES. noob.

It brought the problems out that are mildly annoying for casual play and compounded them. Look I hate to see a challenge because it gives me a purpose other than the... NOTHING... that the game itself has after you level up all your mechs. I can take the issues in small doses but the win 50 had me playing for hours, and seriously I had a 24 game losing streak to start it out. I the next day won 26 in a row but each and every one was a stomp like I was stomped the day before, after that it was back to the 50/50 that pugs are known for.

I won with ECM and LRM spammers as well as a few gun running Dire wolfs and Madcats. Look the game offers almost nothing in the form of content, and stfu if so much as mention CW, its been in the works for over 2 years and is no where on the horizon at all. Its Solaris without an announcer. Challenges are the only content and forcing you to win 50 games in pugs is crazy, at least if they made it a group challenge it might promote the community.

I'm serious, this challenge burned me a bit on this game but I finish what I start. Games were full of bitter people and my guess is tomorrow will be a hoot... full of cussing and suicides, have fun with that.

Wlel sometimes its up to you to make the game more interesting.

I queued only into Assaults for some time with some medium/lights and tried to motivate some guys for base rush. Of course this is not healthy if you cae about your stats because you score and damage lower, and it was not successfull all the time. But it changed the way the game usually works. Away from the pure boring and repetitive skirmishes. And when its less boring, you don't care much about the "Win to finish" component within the challange. Then you just play and enjoy it and the rest comes by on its own.

#32 Kirtanus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 156 posts
  • LocationRDL

There were no issues with event. I earned over15M c-bills just to do 50 win matches but on many stupid rage games i had many nice and teamworked. It's best event from pgi and really no issues with lrms for me. Sometimes they own me on caustic but usually i own all those lrm bots on any map.

#33 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

64 games. 50 wins - 10 losses 4 wins that "didn't register" (sigh de sync etc) However I am very grateful for this challenge and subsequent rewards.

But I can't see PGI's logic with auto activating 7 days premium time, as the last thing (I want to do) after doing this challenge is play for another 7 days. lol

Achievement badge by Tekadept.
Posted Image

Edited by Dar1ng One, 26 August 2014 - 12:54 AM.

#34 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

Meh, the suiciders are annoying, but usually it's just a Locust or Commando, so...

The flip side of that is I don't understand why more people aren't dropping in ECM Lights with Tag or Narc. It's a target-rich environment and the Light queue is always short. In my experience it's not the team with the most LRMs that wins--it's the one with the best spotters. I just lost a match on Caustic where we probably had more LRMs; the difference was that they had 3 ECM Lights (two with Narc), and we had an Atlas DDC. We got crushed by their rolling onslaught. And yes, you can get kills, and lots of them, because you're close to the front and can deliver kill shots with ease.

#35 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:30 AM

View PostDar1ng One, on 26 August 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

64 games. 50 wins - 10 losses 4 wins that "didn't register" (sigh de sync etc) However I am very grateful for this challenge and subsequent rewards.

But I can't see PGI's logic with auto activating 7 days premium time, as the last thing (I want to do) after doing this challenge is play for another 7 days. lol

Posted Image

sicne we have unti regsiter today, you will paly anyways even if you don't like xD

#36 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:42 AM

View PostDar1ng One, on 26 August 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

Uhh that is nice W/L ratio, I had about same till I hit 35 win mark after that lost about 3/4 games.
and I can agree that I will not do another solo drop in a month or more (unless evil PGI does another challenge that requires it, with good enough rewards)

#37 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

View PostStar Colonel Silver Surat, on 25 August 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

The constant server issues combined with arty and Clan LRM spam made me hate the game. It's like masochistic self abuse to play it right now.

It always has been.

we used to joke that those of us who keep playing, suffer battered housewife syndrome because of us flocking back to MWO every time PGI promises us that "This time, it'll be different!"

#38 Chrithu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:56 AM

I generally had fun. But I didn't ever do anything but pugging in this game, so I am used to the stuff that you see in solo queue. The fun thing for me is, when the challenge started I was all: "Woah I need to get the 50 wins to buy me some Novas with the CBIlls", because I just love the Kit Fox. After getting the first 20 wins felt way more grindish than I like I just forgot the challenge, but I had those Kit Foxes I needed to master and free premium time at hand so I made use of that and got to 50 quite quick along the way.

The other thing that changed after the first 20 wins achieved was my attitude towards my teams: instead of bitching over losses and how my team is bad I started to concentrate on myself and making sure I use my mech the best way possible, which really boosted my win/loss ratio and made gathering the remaining 30 wins actually a lot faster than the first 20. During that second half I also had some of the most awesome and close matches I've seen in all of 2014.

#39 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:05 AM

View PostLotharian, on 25 August 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

Interesting, yet one flaw, you think like PGI. You think... there is nothing more I can do with the match maker I have all the science involved and the math is good. Yet still it fails. The real question should be; Why have a match maker? So many multiplayer games have open server swarms to chose... and if MWO did it you would be able to chose a server that is Clan vs IS and you could see that as the last man to join there is no ecm so now you know to bring one, or there are 2 lrm boats and you could make bank with that ecm raven with narc. WHAT??? did I just make sense??? Hmm is it so hard to see the flaws because you want to fix the square tire by polishing the edges rather than look to make a real change that will honestly work?

There is a reason you will NEVER see this type of gameplay in F2P games.

The reason is: custom ruled servers.

As an example: Call of Duty: World at War.
CoD:WaW has a server browser. For TDM, do you know what the most dominating thing on this list is?
"Tactical crouch/ADS only!" servers.

This is a server, with admins, that ban you for RUNNING... or moving standing without aiming down sights at all times.
it has become the dominant gametype in TDM mode.

When I go into game, I want to work within the ruleset put forth by the game. IE with MWO, I want to build my mechs and play. Now, are there problems with MWO's implementation of this? Yes, there are, MANY.

What PGI needs to do, is give us selectable "Eras" Give us selectible "customization options." and selectable factions to play vs. [meaning you can pick if you want to fight clans or not.]

Once that's done, things would be much better off. But if you hand power off to the players, you get stupid restrictions put in place because the admin got blown up by a gernade launcher 1 too many times so he banned gernade launchers.

#40 MagicM0E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:08 AM

View Postlockwoodx, on 25 August 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

After the latest challenge both LRMS and Clan mechs need to be banned from all further challenges. (and hopefully the game)

Lock, though I feel your comment on LRM's is slightly miss-guided, I can certainly understand it.

Sometimes the enemy team are very LRM heavy, you're fighting on an open map with no ECM cover and can do very little other than watch the newer pilots march off to their death under a down pour of high explosive steel rain. When that happens LRM's can be annoying but drop into one of the smaller maps with lots of cover and a few ECM toting light Mechs and suddenly those LRM boats are nothing but wasted chassis with big targets painted on them.

What I am confused about is why you appear to be against the Clan Mechs? Are they better than IS? Yes, but not as much as they should be and they all have weaknesses you can exploit. Recommend you try a few of them (rumour has it that some of them will be added to the 'Trial Mech' list soon) and figure out how to take them on or better yet, group up with your buddies and don't fight them alone!

M0E

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users