67 replies to this topic

#61 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

The farming was incredible. I don't know how folks weren't seeing it. It was happening in my drops at least 3 out of every 5.

One time was blatant... 5 discos immediately after match start. Not one of them reconnected. What was worse? 4 of them were on one team... how do these morons think their team is going to get them a win when they start the match down to 8 vs 11?

There's a very simple fix to this PGI... if someone discos before the 6 min mark - for any reason - they don't get their match rewards, unless they reconnect and return to fight or spectate.

Or because folks will of course complain that some innocents will be hurt with this method, then you can disco and either choose to return to your match or drop in a new match with a different mech. But if you choose a new mech, a notice pops up that launching in a new match will = losing any potential cbill, xp or achievement payout from the match you disco'd from.

Problem solved.

Edited by Mott, 26 August 2014 - 07:03 AM.

#62 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:07 AM

View PostMott, on 26 August 2014 - 06:59 AM, said:

Or because folks will of course complain that some innocents will be hurt with this method, then you can disco and either choose to return to your match or drop in a new match with a different mech. But if you choose a new mech, a notice pops up that launching in a new match will = losing any potential cbill, xp or achievement payout from the match you disco'd from.

Problem solved.

I like that. A lot.

#63 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 August 2014 - 07:07 AM, said:

I like that. A lot.

Thanks. And considering that PGI plans to offer great events like this in an ever increasing fashion, the problem is only going to get worse.

I know of one individual who used the intentional disco tactic and reached his 50 wins in the same time it took me to reach my current 17. :-(
Of course when more and more folks see that kind of pay off, with no penalty or attempt to curb it from PGI, they'll be encouraged to try it themselves.

So, where do i submit this idea for PGI to notice and consider?

#64 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

View PostMott, on 26 August 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

Thanks. And considering that PGI plans to offer great events like this in an ever increasing fashion, the problem is only going to get worse.

I know of one individual who used the intentional disco tactic and reached his 50 wins in the same time it took me to reach my current 17. :-(
Of course when more and more folks see that kind of pay off, with no penalty or attempt to curb it from PGI, they'll be encouraged to try it themselves.

So, where do i submit this idea for PGI to notice and consider?

I know a few people who just dropped, disco and rolled. Since they had like 80 mechs, they rolled the dice on team carry. Folks like that, IMO, should get a nice long ban.

#65 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostArctourus, on 26 August 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

wins relies on the skills of all the players playing together.

It's a team based game, that's how things SHOULD get rewarded

#66 Chrithu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostArctourus, on 26 August 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

I liked the concept, but I don't like wins based challenges. The points based one from last week was much better. Points relies on the skill of the player, wins relies on the skills of all the players playing together. I didn't get to play much, but I was down to the wire just getting the 10th win because so many matches just went south so quick.

teamwork is hard to come by.

I agree. The points based challenge was better for solo drop. Though I found it was too easy to accomplish. As far as the teamplay goes I found that as soon as I started to try and analyze what the team is going to do and try to fill the role my mech can do best within that unspoken plan I had much better results. Instead of trying to talk myself and the others fuzzy in chat trying to make them do things my way I started to stick with at least a group of two teammates providing them ECM cover and shoot the same mechs they shot. That yielded some great results.

What I am trying to get across is that sometimes just being a teamplayer works a lot better than trying to talk the 11 others into teamplaying your way.

#67 Galaxy Crusader Puppeteer

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSerbia, Belgrade

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

I did the all tree with ezz. And the time given was far then enough. Mixing the matches between ember and my timberwolfs. Think i lost maybe 10 games overall.
When runing ember i took assault mode only. When we got an easy map for cap i tryed my best to motivate them to go with me on cap.

Im glad pgi is rolling these events more freqently now.

#68 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 26 August 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

It is an eerie truism that people who think poorly will very often accuse you of what they themselves do. No, you did not just make sense; you simply offered up a "solution" to a nonexistent problem that requires a play format not yet in the game - assuming the level of smug, self-congratulatory arrogance you ascribe to me. /unfollow

Actually, that's not quite true. There's no reason you can't have that kind of functionality in free to play games - provided there are player-run servers. But MWO (and many other games) uses a proprietary-server model for their game, which is what precludes custom-rulesets. I presume there are reasons for this; but regardless, it's not a trivial solution to usher in server support for random server clients, so it was rather silly to throw that out as a panacea for imaginary ills. =)

What? ... wait what? Nonexistent problem..... you are a delusional pompous idiot. You mean to tell me you support magically dropping with random people with random custom builds to a random world match maker???? This somehow supports a game based on combined mech drops that support each other that are customized to the drop... seriously you would not take a all energy PPC stalker to a volcano for a fire fight, but you would to a low gravity ultra cold mining operation on an asteroid. Even if you join a team OUTSIDE the game and drop as a 12 man you still get no clue to where you are going.

The match maker IS the biggest problem in the game and IS the problem for new players used to actual Battletech games. You are entitled to your opinion, and I am to mine.... I think you sir, are an idiot. In my opinion if this game want to move forward it needs to rethink the battle launch system.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users