Any old Chromehounds squads/players here?

24 replies to this topic

#21 Felix7007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Felix7007

1,000 hours of gameplay

Main builds I ran

AR Nader
5 Banger
Howie Nader

Main Squad
Musical Chairs
Squad Leader Resin31
No one was better than us except ACV Squadron and Chrome Veterans on a good day.

There is no game I'd rather play. Still have my copy. Hoping MWO can be a substitute but nothing will ever be a substitute for Chromehounds.

Edited by Felix7007, 31 January 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#22 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

Here, here. I'm both an Armored Core and a Chromehounds player. Just to be clear, Chromehounds are from the same people who made Armored Core. They have in fact, the same modular mech building principles, even though their style of fighting are completely opposite; Chromehounds being slow, ground based, and tactical, Armored Core being fast, aerial and twitchy.

I used to play for Morskoj. Much of the time. Our mechs frequently brandish the Red Star, as we crush enemies of the Motherland. We do rotate the factions once in a while, just to obtain parts from Al Sakar and Tarakia. I enjoyed our online chats and I remember one of the players in our group actually works (fights) for the UFC. He never told anyone his real name was, but he had a cool voice like a radio announcer's.

#23 kazlaton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 170 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:49 AM

I just mentioned this to someone in my squad the other day. I loved that game until it was ruined by the base dialers. Great fun. Now someone is making a game that is almost exactly the same. I found this kickstarter a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.kickstar...assault-vehicle

Watch that video and tell me that this isn't almost identical to Chromehounds.

#24 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

View Postkazlaton, on 03 March 2014 - 12:49 AM, said:

I just mentioned this to someone in my squad the other day. I loved that game until it was ruined by the base dialers. Great fun. Now someone is making a game that is almost exactly the same. I found this kickstarter a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.kickstar...assault-vehicle

Watch that video and tell me that this isn't almost identical to Chromehounds.

That really reeks of Chromehounds.

The company behind Chromehounds are far from dead. In fact they are going to release a new game this month. This should be familiar.

I am generally a big fan of what they do.

Edited by Anjian, 06 March 2014 - 11:38 PM.

#25 Mattbat

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 09:49 PM

I miss it so much! Outplayed the boosters. Superfreaks represent
Drunken Clams were the best LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users