Balance

4 replies to this topic

#1 M3 SABLE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

Clans are pretty powerful and caused a lot of backlash from the community. Myself? I want them to be what they are supposed to be: powerful, challenging technology full of next-gen weaponry.

However, what I certainly can support, is the improvement of Inner Sphere mechs, especially via something as agility buffing, and especially for Assaults. Plenty of mechs are full of "obsolete" nerfs, that are no longer necessary due to such "fixes" for PPC, Ghost Heat, Range for all weaponry, JJ Poptaring, and etc.

IS lights are much quicker than Clan lights and feel superior at least in something, but the rest of the IS mechs are all slower or only as-fast as clan HEAVIES!!! (which already packing more firepower and range than IS assaults + better heat dissipation).

IS Assaults are now literally, meat-shields for the rest because of how wrecked they got previously. Poor Victor, Highlander... pack no punch nor movement/agility.

Atlas? It seems to do the best vs Clans imo, all thanks to his comfy torso twist for damage spread in a brawl, and I even managed to solo 100% DWFs to my great surprise. However, you are still simply castrated through the right torso, and can't even look DOWN?! Is looking >down< makes it OP or something? I could rationalize it a little when it was in beta and Atlases roamed and pwned everyone... but now?!

That applies to all IS assaults.

Edited by Unikron, 29 August 2014 - 08:10 PM.

#2 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

View PostUnikron, on 29 August 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

IS lights are much quicker than Clan lights and feel superior at least in something, but the rest of the IS mechs are all slower or only as-fast as clan HEAVIES!!! (which already packing more firepower and range than IS assaults + better heat dissipation).

The Summoner's firepower isn't very much higher than an Inner Sphere medium in most cases, it's certainly less powerful than most well built IS heavies (except maybe the poor 60 tonners, which can still get close in terms of firepower). Focus your attention on the Mad Cat specifically, don't lump both Clan heavies into a single bin.

Back to business, yes it would be nice for no longer needed bandaids to be removed, such as the heat of many IS energy weapons (SL should be 1, ML should be 3, SPL should be 2, MPL should be 4). And restoring IS Autocannon projectile speeds (Clan UACs and LBX should match those new values, because they're already underwhelming as it is). And I want my 2 LL + 2 UAC/5 Victor back, nao pl0x. But Paul won't allow it, unfortunately.

Edited by Carrie Harder, 29 August 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#3 M3 SABLE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

View PostCarrie Harder, on 29 August 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

The Summoner's firepower isn't very much higher than an Inner Sphere medium in most cases, it's certainly less powerful than most well built IS heavies (except maybe the poor 60 tonners, which can still get close in terms of firepower). Focus your attention on the Mad Cat specifically, don't lump both Clan heavies into a single bin.

Back to business, yes it would be nice for no longer needed bandaids to be removed, such as the heat of many IS energy weapons (SL should be 1, ML should be 3, SPL should be 2, MPL should be 4). And I want my 2 LL + 2 UAC/5 Victor back, nao pl0x. But Paul won't allow it, unfortunately.

I know about that little outrage about how TBR all unfairly superior to Summoner, but from my experience, there is nothing more annoying to me in battle than 2 ERLL Raven, and Dancing/ Peekaboo Summoner, that melts me in the most annoying way possible. I never witnessed TBR doing that crap to me (at least after JJ nerf)

Edited by Unikron, 29 August 2014 - 08:21 PM.

#4 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

View PostUnikron, on 29 August 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

I know about that little outrage about how TBR all unfairly superior to Summoner, but from my experience, there is nothing more annoying to me in battle than 2 ERLL Raven, and Dancing/ Peekaboo Summoner, that melts me in the most annoying way possible. I never witnessed TBR doing that crap to me (at least after JJ nerf)

Summoners are pretty bad for hillhumping because of their chronically low-mounted arms, and when they do peek over they only have a max limit of 4 energy hardpoints and not enough tonnage to mount anything more than 4 CERLL (which aren't exactly that great anymore...). Their only high mounts are torso ballistics, which require serious tonnage sacrifices on a mech that maxes out at 21 tons of pod space (unless you strip a lot of armor).

#5 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

View PostUnikron, on 29 August 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

Clans are pretty powerful and caused a lot of backlash from the community. Myself? I want them to be what they are supposed to be: powerful, challenging technology full of next-gen weaponry.

However, what I certainly can support, is the improvement of Inner Sphere mechs, especially via something as agility buffing, and especially for Assaults. Plenty of mechs are full of "obsolete" nerfs, that are no longer necessary due to such "fixes" for PPC, Ghost Heat, Range for all weaponry, JJ Poptaring, and etc.

IS Assaults are now literally, meat-shields for the rest because of how wrecked they got previously. Poor Victor, Highlander... pack no punch nor movement/agility.

Atlas? It seems to do the best vs Clans imo, all thanks to his comfy torso twist for damage spread in a brawl, and I even managed to solo 100% DWFs to my great surprise. However, you are still simply castrated through the right torso, and can't even look DOWN?! Is looking >down< makes it OP or something? I could rationalize it a little when it was in beta and Atlases roamed and pwned everyone... but now?!

That applies to all IS assaults.

Exactly.. The Nerf road is too well travelled. Instead of smashing clans that people paid for, give the IS mechs some quirks to bring them into line.

PGI say that balancing this game is really really difficult; I don't think so, if you go about it sensibly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users