178 replies to this topic

#61 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

He speaks like they don't change things without telling us all the time.

#62 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

curious if the gauss rifle will go back to its original stats (no charging)

#63 GonaDie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 27 August 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

curious if the gauss rifle will go back to its original stats (no charging)

No. Why? Because this would be a buff and buffing things is not PGI style.We will probably see more nerfs...like always.

Edited by GonaDie, 27 August 2014 - 09:23 PM.

#64 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

new data centre is going to be more cost effective...

hmm this means they are having financial troubles to me a result of which they are looking to cut down the costs...

MWO going towards a shutdown..da da da dum.... (people used to say it)

#65 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

Sorry Russ and Nikko, you guys know that I have been labled a WK, and a champion for PGI, so maybe take what I say to heart, or with a grain of salt, but I for one will not be on the test just because the lack of information you plan to give us. Give me a reason to get on, I know there are others on here that take any chance to take a shot at you in any way possible, but forget people like S------t and the others, they are part of a minority that is just obnoxiously loud. There are plenty of us who support PGI, but will feel gilted because of their attitude, vitriol, and rudness have made you hold your cards to close to your chest. You start pulling this Microshaft crap, and you are going to start losing more players that have been on your side.

The openess that you have shown as of late has solidified some of your supporters, swung some haters onto the fence, and made it hard for the others to critize you for not being open with the community, but with this test and hidden nerfs, you are going back to what started the whole tear in the community in the first place. If this is how you feel you must progress, I will personally have to re-evalute how I spend my money in this game.

I will still play, but if you feel you no longer can be open with your community, than I feel my wallet can no longer be open to feed a now completly hidden development process. I had no trouble buying all the packs and time I have up until now because to me you have been fairly open, but this will just jump a clear line in the sand and place us on oposite sides.

I know I am just one voice, and no matter how much I spend it is just a drop in the bucket. I just hope that it means a little something to you. wishfull thinking I know.

#66 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:39 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 27 August 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

new data centre is going to be more cost effective...

hmm this means they are having financial troubles to me a result of which they are looking to cut down the costs...

MWO going towards a shutdown..da da da dum.... (people used to say it)

or those ****** desynches was rly caused by tada center -.-

#67 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 27 August 2014 - 09:39 PM, said:

or those ****** desynches was rly caused by tada center -.-

and to solve them they figured out its best to move everything to a new place and start all over again in order to find out wahts wrong??

o_0

#68 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:45 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 27 August 2014 - 09:42 PM, said:

and to solve them they figured out its best to move everything to a new place and start all over again in order to find out wahts wrong??

o_0

it is also more cost effective you know?

#69 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

I am going to avoid telling you any of the details of what has changed. My hope is that you get to try these changes out and share your first-hand experience with us before the numbers lead to any preconceptions.

I'm not trying to dash your hopes, but you have to know that someone will simply pop open the weapons.xml file and see exactly what you changed. Then they will post it on reddit and everyone will know. I'm sorry, but this is just how it's going to unfold the moment the patch goes live.

#70 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 27 August 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

it is also more cost effective you know?

ah yes i forgot that.. cost effective means less money needed to operate it..

companies do this when they dont have enough money to keep operating there current equipment, so they look for those ways with which the can get things done at less amount of money...

#71 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 27 August 2014 - 09:54 PM, said:

companies do this when they dont have enough money to keep operating there current equipment, so they look for those ways with which the can get things done at less amount of money...

Some companies also do this to maximise profits in a few ways, one, saving money on newer more efficient equipment, and two, giving a better experience to the end user who in some parts will pay more if they see a decrease in performance issues.

#72 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

^^ for PGI i will go with more profit part :)

#73 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

View PostJman5, on 27 August 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

I'm not trying to dash your hopes, but you have to know that someone will simply pop open the weapons.xml file and see exactly what you changed. Then they will post it on reddit and everyone will know. I'm sorry, but this is just how it's going to unfold the moment the patch goes live.

Speaking of which, the patch is up... unless there's another patch before the event happens...

#74 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:15 PM

View PostNauht, on 27 August 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

All in one mech!!!

This type of argument is like saying "damn those IS, pumping me with superior LRM60s with AC10 support and then closing for the AC20 finisher".

This is just bad logic.

View PostUltimatum X, on 27 August 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

The cLPL is a heavier, longer beam duration IS ER LLAS with shorter range that gets 2.8 extra damage for staying on target longer. There is no problem with this weapon, it's not a Large Pulse Laser at all, the IS LPL and cLPL are completely different weapons and any relationship they have is visual & auditory fx and name only.

Really? Mine are 1 ton lighter.

With a shorter beam duration and better range.

Marginally better range. The damage advantage makes that mean a bit less. Likewise the I.S. ERLL duration advantage. The C-LPL is also more heat efficient. The ERLL takes 2 extra heat sinks to be heat neutral. There goes the weight savings. Which allows the C-LPL to further eat into that range advantage with a targeting computer which also boosts its crit potential.

The fact that you're even trying to make like those are significant advantages highlights the problem. And that's before we talk about how ERMLs and MPLs as "backup" weapons clearly outclass whatever you'd pair with the ERLLs.

The I.S. LPLs are flat out inferior because of the range disadvantage.

But even then, the bigger problems are 1) the size of the alphas you can kit on a Clan mech and 2) how often you can fire them because of the heat cap.

Edited by Mizeur, 27 August 2014 - 10:17 PM.

#75 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 27 August 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

You can respond to Russ' latest post on the PTS here!

Given that every single piece of feedback from the community on these forums is pointedly ignored, whats the point in doing any "testing" ?

#76 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

View PostTygerLily, on 27 August 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

The blind test for weapon fixes on the test server are a good idea in my opinion.

Agreed...no preconceptions going in.

#77 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:48 PM

PIRANHA. STOP BLIND TESTING NUMBERS CHANGES.

It doesn't work. It just forces players to assume that you guys have hammered the weapons in question into the ground in every conceivable way. No, this is not a "Play what feels right!" sort of decision. Yes yes, I get it, you want in-game feedback from in-game players about in-game experience. Gotcha, cool. Here's the deal:

I've played with the C-ERLL since it was broken over the Nerfinator's knee. SHOCKINGLY ENOUGH...I've found that the 33% increased burn time over its original time renders the weapon largely unusable and makes it feel weak and anemic, since all that OH SO CREZZEH DAMAGE the "Make Clans SUCK!!" crowd keep complaining about is spread over such a monstrous stretch of time.

Fun fact: I knew I would feel this way when I saw the changes. I was willing to give the increased burn time a chance after the patently stupid Ghost Heat shenanery was redacted, but it did not really surprise me when a 2s laser turned out to just not be all that fun to play with. I KNOW you guys really hate SpreadsheetWarrioring, but it's really quite simple: a lot of your players have played enough MWO to know, roughly, what any given change is going to accomplish just by seeing a changelog. You're not going to catch us by surprise with some "This looks drastic but is actually really fun to play!" Gigadethnerf. We all know what a Gigadethnerf is, we all know they're Paul's favorite tool/stock in trade, and we know you guys are going to be smashing the Clan technology base down with a cudgel since nothing's ever, ever allowed to compete with the damned Cataphract(**). Trying to pull a fast one on us and "soften the blow" (I know you can't see me do it, but I'm air-quoting as hard as I can here. When I'm not typing, anyways) in order to force changes past the playerbase's inspection is disingenuous, kinda smarmy, and also completely unnecessary since we can't do scheiss-all to stop the Nerfinator from ruining the Clan technology base anyways.

Just friggin' tell us what you're doing already. Seriously. We know you've already decided on your plan of attack, we know you're not going to change it, so just get it over with.

**: Since the hell WHEN does the Capellan Confederation's slapdash POS FrankenHeavy they bolted together out of spare parts in total desperation get to be THE go-to competitive superman, Dragon Slayers notwithstanding, from now until the end of time?! And WHY CAN'T THE TIMBER WOLF, ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC AND ENDURING BATTLEMECH DESIGNS EVER, BE ALLOWED TO STAND EQUAL WITH IT FOR JEHOSEPHAT'S SAKE?! GAWD I hate the "Make Clans SUCK!!" crowd...

#78 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 27 August 2014 - 09:54 PM, said:

You know, every company is doing that because it is plain stupid to pay more than you need. I guess you would pay more for the same thing just to show that you have money, do you?

#79 Evil Ed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 527 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

No need to balance the clan mechs, just give us IS vs. IS mode instead. I would hate to see the clans nerfed, people QQ about they having invested $240 to win and now they don't win anymore. Let them have their toys - just give us back the game that was once skillbased and fun.

#80 Akula

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 152 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

I think a lot of people are over dramatising the whole not posting the stat changes here. I think it's simply a fact of going into the PTS with an open mind. And saying that you wont take part in the PTS simply on the ground that the changes on the test server haven't been listed, has got to be one of the silliest things I have heard from the community as of late.

I mean really guys? :)

Edited by Akula, 27 August 2014 - 11:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users