The Map Of The Inner Sphere?

30 replies to this topic

#1 Bizarre Jay

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

just out of curiosity, how many have zoomed in on the map?

#2 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

You know, just curious...

...I don't see Clan homeworlds or Hansa there. Also didn't know if you could zoom or not, can you?

#3 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

I was tring to find Solaris and Outreach a couple times. No luck yet. Even asked around about it, but was ignored :)

#4 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

They are using a modified version of 3040 map (LC and FS separate and SIC integrated into the CC). All worlds are there and it looks like some of the important worlds in the second layer (for lack of a better term). First layer (State capitals and Alpheratz (Why PGI?) only) = all the way zoomed out, second layer (Some important worlds) = slightly zoomed in, third layer (all worlds) = further zoomed in (keep zooming in after all the dots appear to hit the third layer). All the Peripery world are there though. Use the mouse wheel to zoom in.

View PostJohnny Z, on 27 August 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

I was tring to find Solaris and Outreach a couple times. No luck yet. Even asked around about it, but was ignored :)

Outreach is four worlds Rimward (South on a regular map) from Terra. Solaris is Anti-Spinward (West) of Terra on the LC/FWL border.

View PostAccused, on 27 August 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

...I don't see Clan homeworlds or Hansa there. Also didn't know if you could zoom or not, can you?

Clan homeworlds are extremely Coreward of Terra. I have no idea why Atreus is green. Hanseatic League is far Corward and Anti-Spinward. You have to be in the third layer to see them.

Edited by Nathan Foxbane, 27 August 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#5 Thorqemada

• 6,372 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

Its a first iteration of the Map and i hope it will get more functionalites.

Edited by Thorqemada, 27 August 2014 - 08:43 PM.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

No Ulan Batar, no likey. :)

#7 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

I found strana mechty yesterday

#8 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 27 August 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

Outreach is just "south" of Terra.

Posted Image

Solaris is a little harder to find; it's on the border of House Steiner and Marik...in between Terra, Tharkad, and Atreus:

Posted Image

#9 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

I found a place called Shitara, which I am amazed isn't censored by the ultra zealous censor we have here!

#10 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 27 August 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

Outreach is just "south" of Terra.

Posted Image

Solaris is a little harder to find; it's on the border of House Steiner and Marik...in between Terra, Tharkad, and Atreus:

Posted Image

Tyvm, to the other guy to. I had no idea where to start looking. 100's of planets?

#11 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 27 August 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

I found a place called Shitara, which I am amazed isn't censored by the ultra zealous censor we have here!

Literally the very first planet I zoomed in on!

I see St. Ives is on there, even when fully zoomed out. Why is it so prominent if it is not a faction?

#12 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 27 August 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

Tyvm, to the other guy to. I had no idea where to start looking. 100's of planets?

Are you asking if there's going to be hundreds of planets to fight over? Then, yes...yes there will be.

Now that you finally know where Solaris is what are you going do?!!!???!!!!

#13 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:39 PM

I just found the three planets that the Atlas is built on.

Hesperus II in Steiner space, somewhat near the center of the map, but safely away from the borders, and then two planets in Kurita space very near the center of the map called Quentin, and Al Na'ir.

That is it. Those are the three planets that you can buy an Atlas battlemech. Quentin was a major loss for House Davion who owned it for most of it's history, and now House Kurita has it.

Posted Image

It should be noted that the planet of Al Na'ir is one of the few planets in the Draconis Combine that culturally is different than "Japanese". Even other planets with ethnic groups from various Earth cultures had to change to being partially or wholly Japanese, but that Arab planet (specifically United Arab Emeriates) is still Arabic.

I guess as long as they can still build the Atlas mech for the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery (DCMS), then the generals don't much care if you still want to be Arabic.

#14 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:46 PM

View PostDavers, on 27 August 2014 - 09:41 PM, said:

Literally the very first planet I zoomed in on!

I see St. Ives is on there, even when fully zoomed out. Why is it so prominent if it is not a faction?

St Ives is actually another faction, but in terms of the game it is still culturally and militarily the same as any other Capellan Confederation world.

The St. Ives Compact is a short lived, independant nation that only existed for less than a single lifetime. They get re-conquered by the Capellans.

I personally want the St Ives Compact to be it's own faction in the game, but the differences between the parent Capellan Confederation and the St Ives Compact are just not big enough to warrant it I suppose. They're both Capellans, i.e. Chinese/Russians with the same money, miltary gear, and language.

#15 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

View PostAccused, on 27 August 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

Little easter egg for ya there. Just zoom in on the Free Rasalhauge Republic until you can see some planets, then pan, pan, and pan more due north until you get near the edge of the map.

Posted Image

#16 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:46 AM

View PostJohn1352, on 27 August 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

Now you've done it. This thread will be locked shortly, and then they'll come for you. I have a cottage in the mountains, where you can stay for a few days before you make your way to Sweden. You'll be safe there. Just remember the secret password.

Spoiler

#17 vash021

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:55 AM

So as of now what is the purpose of the map and faction?

#18 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:24 AM

All/most of the planets on this map are populated worlds right? Meaning that they will either be river city, crimson strait, forest colony, alpine peaks or canyon network (with factory and jungle later).

The rest of the maps are either too hot, too cold, or have no atmosphere and are uninhabitable be humans (alpine is in the mountains, so sea level would be warmer, if the planet has it). Will PGI need to make up more worlds to use the super hot/cold maps for?

Come to think of it, why is there a city on the "frozen city" planet? Terraforming accident?

#19 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:46 AM

View Postvash021, on 28 August 2014 - 02:55 AM, said:

So as of now what is the purpose of the map and faction?

Nothing!

#20 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:49 AM

All the worlds on C* maps are populated. ComStar likes to drop worlds off the charts when they reach a low enough level of population. And for other reasons. *cough Jardine cough*

Edit : Well, sometimes there are worlds showing for other reasons, but the rule of thumb is, if it's in a C* map it's populated.

Edited by Scratx, 28 August 2014 - 03:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users