Does Anyone Else Feel Bad When They Narc A Locust?

47 replies to this topic

#1 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

It feels like they have so little armor to begin with that the Narc pod should instantly core them.

At least it'd be quick and merciful.

#2 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

Ya know... I think narcs should have the option to be detonated if the mech runs to ECM cover. 10 damage with 2.5 splash to all parts. Eh... One can dream

#3 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

It is a necessary evil.

#4 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

lol's, wish i was good at photoshop skills, but seriously, who else here thinks the narc bullets are so huge they remind me of bullet bills from mario.

If you have jump jets in a small mech you should be able to hop on it, get a sound (boo-doop) and it should fall through the map.

#5 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

No... no at all. If you can use a slow NARC to hit a speed small target more power to ya. Plus, that locust has the best chance of finding cover without the missiles clipping through terrain.

#6 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

I feel bad for the locust in general.

Who else here thinks that the locust and ONLY the locust should have a quirk that makes it outright IMMUNE to all terrain and collision damage?

Is no bueno to get your leg down to orange because an ally clips you at the start of every match...

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostSephlock, on 26 August 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

It feels like they have so little armor to begin with that the Narc pod should instantly core them. At least it'd be quick and merciful.

Locusts are bad, and its pilots should feel bad--so no mercy to Locusts.

View PostGrrzoot, on 26 August 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

lol's, wish i was good at photoshop skills, but seriously, who else here thinks the narc bullets are so huge they remind me of bullet bills from mario.

Wait, so they were NARC missiles? I thought those bullets were Gauss rounds! :)

Edited by El Bandito, 26 August 2014 - 06:05 PM.

#8 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

View PostChristof Romulus, on 26 August 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

Who else here thinks that the locust and ONLY the locust should have a quirk that makes it outright IMMUNE to all terrain and collision damage?

Is no bueno to get your leg down to orange because an ally clips you at the start of every match...

Naw, they just need to fix their damn collision system. It's shocking. The new map is seriously going to test their fancy smancy collision detection.

I'd like to see a cloak module, like Romulans. It has to make that 'wherierierieiriereir" sound too. That way I can, like, sneak up up enemies and uncloak before their eyes.

#9 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

Locusts can be very evil, but you, as a Locust driver, need to know what you're doing. In particular, know how to make yourself not be a target.

Random hint : Most people will shoot at higher value targets over you, especially if they're much easier to hit. And I know how terrible that makes me sound.

#10 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

I used to feel bad even shooting locusts, but then I got repeatedly arty'd by them in my DW and became their favorite snipe bait.

Now, I enjoy removing them from the field in one or two shots.

I still feel bad about killing commandos though, but they need to tread lightly.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 26 August 2014 - 06:37 PM.

#11 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

Opposite, pleased at hitting such a fast moving target. And if they aren't fast moving, well you done failed Locust 101 son.

#12 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

they should add a lower damage quirk to the locust; whatever, they already did it to the awesome and the dragon so what gives?
it's not like it's OP

#13 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

I saw a Locust get 3 kills and over 300 damage in 2 consecutive matches yesterday. The little bugger got me both matches too.

#14 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Does the NARC do damage? Because I swear I killed a mech with one.

#15 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 26 August 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

Naw, they just need to fix their damn collision system. It's shocking. The new map is seriously going to test their fancy smancy collision detection.

I'd like to see a cloak module, like Romulans. It has to make that 'wherierierieiriereir" sound too. That way I can, like, sneak up up enemies and uncloak before their eyes.

#16 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 26 August 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

I saw that today, I got desynced and ctrl-alt-d escp'd and when I came back there were ac rounds firing at me from empty space. When I shot back a SHD appeared out of thin air!

#17 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

View PostGrrzoot, on 26 August 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

If you have jump jets in a small mech you should be able to hop on it, get a sound (boo-doop) and it should fall through the map.

Posted Image

NARC / LRM / SRM. They all use the same missile model.
Just to note that's about the length of a semi-truck in River City with the trailer.

Irony: BattleTech LRMs are described as the size of Stingers. SRMs are slightly fatter, and I dunno about NARC beacons.
SRM launchers are man-portable on your shoulder and can be equipped by infantry.

Certainly not in MWO... Couldn't load one of these onto a truck.

Edited by Koniving, 26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#18 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 26 August 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

I saw a Locust get 3 kills and over 300 damage in 2 consecutive matches yesterday. The little bugger got me both matches too.

It wasn't me this time, I swear!
(We meet in-game all the time). :P

View PostChristof Romulus, on 26 August 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

Gimme. Alternatively, agility quirks like the Commando are also welcome.

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 August 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

Locusts are bad, and its pilots should feel bad--so no mercy to Locusts.

Posted Image

#19 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

View PostDamien Tokala, on 26 August 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

Ya know... I think narcs should have the option to be detonated if the mech runs to ECM cover. 10 damage with 2.5 splash to all parts. Eh... One can dream

but if they're in ECM the signal to detonate probably wouldn't get through? Unless it's on a heartbeat, and explodes when it *loses* signal. :shrug:

#20 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:09 AM

View PostKoniving, on 26 August 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

NARC / LRM / SRM. They all use the same missile model.
Just to note that's about the length of a semi-truck in River City with the trailer.

Irony: BattleTech LRMs are described as the size of Stingers. SRMs are slightly fatter, and I dunno about NARC beacons.
SRM launchers are man-portable on your shoulder and can be equipped by infantry.

Certainly not in MWO... Couldn't load one of these onto a truck.

Probably also couldn't see one of them in the game if they were stinger-sized. It's a decent compromise.

Interestingly, a little math also reveals that LRMs weigh ~11lbs per missile, which makes it astonishing to me that they can fly 1km and still carry a payload capable of breaching mech armor. Of course, 11lbs is on the high end for an estimate, that assumes that the rockets are loaded into the bay without any sort of containment system, etc, and they are all just sitting there on top of each other in a jumble, or that the things holding them in are weightless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users