Igp Got Some Explaining To Do? Mwtactics Still Down?

52 replies to this topic

#21 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:00 PM

I must say I'm particularly impressed by the standards of literacy that are obviously evident in their "be back soon" message......

Posted Image

#22 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

View PostFajther, on 01 September 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

I really hope it comes back. I need some kind of pve to play when I hate all of you guys.

MekaMek has you covered.

It also has tanks. And Vtols, and Aeros. And Stackpoling, if you choose to select it.

Advanced rules can be fun. Bots or online, your choice.

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 September 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

Yes, I know. This is the MWO Forums, not MWTactics. But their Forums are still offline, like their game.

Except, same Publisher, same Servers (according to Ping traces).

Both went down on 8-26. After about 2 bumpy days, give or take, one came back up.

MecWarrior Tactics? Still show the same "Check in 72 hours" Notice it has since..... August 26th.

Now call me crazy but 72 hrs is...3 days? (72 divided by 24 =3, yes?). As of today, it is 7 days since MWTactics went dark. And far longer since they had an active Dev Team working on it.

SO what gives? Answers IGP, answers.

I'm pretty sure "ggclose" covers the reality of the matter.

#24 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

MWT is not MWO

To off-topic we go!

#25 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

Wow had completely forgotten that IGP was part of this game. I got the closed beta invite after I got into MWO I think. I played like 1 or 2 battles then just didnt bother looking into it again.

Considering how easily they seem to be letting it "die" I am happy I never invested any time/effort into it.

#26 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:04 PM

Didn't people pay money into this, did they get a refund?

And if they didn't???

#27 DLFReporter

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationAlpenfestung

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:45 PM

Write it off as another shattered dream and believe that you've at least given some money to a poor programmer, so he can live another day...

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:15 PM

View PostScratx, on 01 September 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

Let's drop the cynism for a moment. Let's assume they're being truthful and they're not ditching the game.

Didn't MWO just recently move to another data center? Couldn't IGP have decided to move MWTactics to the same data center too, now?

Just a wild-assed guess here, but it seems plausible.

Might just have to work on their communication skills.

Let's not drop the cynicism. Or better yet, if they want it dropped, perhaps IGP could try communicating? You think RUSS was bad during "SilenceGate" in 2013? MWT has always been bad about communicating. And I ain't saying they bailed. I am saying that if they want to avoid the conspiracy theories from starting, perhaps some communications would be in order?

#29 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:22 PM

View PostAlex Warden, on 01 September 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

i couldn´t care less if they let MWT die... smells like a giant money grab with lot´s of unused potential and some very weird mechanics to me... like MWO some cynics might say? nah, far far worse ...

would maybe free up some ressources to raise the staff for MWO...

different developers, so nope. GG, close?

View PostMcgral18, on 01 September 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

MekaMek has you covered.

It also has tanks. And Vtols, and Aeros. And Stackpoling, if you choose to select it.

needs some graphics though man. MWT was never "Btech TT Online" but I was hoping it might be a MechCommander substitute. Of course, after the first year of nothing, I kinda gave up on that, too, but all I really want is them to communicate. If it's game over, have the c0j0nes to say so.

View PostEgomane, on 01 September 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

MWT is not MWO

To off-topic we go!

Well no duh! Yet oddly, you work for IGP............... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

View PostGraugger, on 01 September 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

Didn't people pay money into this, did they get a refund?

And if they didn't???

eh, probably plenty of legalese to keep that from happening in the EULA and such. Don't really feel like looking into it right now, but I would not hold my breath.

Ah well, their art direction sucked eggs anyhow.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 01 September 2014 - 11:20 PM.

#30 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:43 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 September 2014 - 11:22 PM, said:

Well no duh! Yet oddly, you work for IGP............... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I like Egomane as much as the next guy trying to discuss something valuable but he does not work for IGP, he is a volunteer is he not?
But yes he'll silence anything remotely bad towards anything IGP/PGI.

As to MW tactics, it's been dead a long time, before the website went off they were still selling founders packs!!!!!!!

And that is the game where the founders money for MWO went too!

And yet we wonder why IGP laid off staff, and MWtactics has gone dark, and MWO continues to pump out cash cow items to scrape in the $$$$$.
The server relocation to save money.....

Money troubles at the root will feed into the branches.

Edited by DV McKenna, 02 September 2014 - 02:45 AM.

#31 DLFReporter

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationAlpenfestung

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:41 AM

How is moving something to OT equal to silencing a topic?
The server needed relocating as the HW was really starting to fall apart. Now we (us EU Citizens) are finally back to CB latencies.

#32 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:42 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 01 September 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

MekaMek has you covered.

And that why we are grateful to the guys of MegaMek !

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 September 2014 - 11:22 PM, said:

different developers, so nope. GG, close?

MWT was never "Btech TT Online" but I was hoping it might be a MechCommander substitute.

Yes and No at the same time it was fine to make one or two games with some sort better graphic the MegaMek - but lacked the the feeling of BT , but MechCommander no , even when the first screenshots come in the air it was clear that game will never be BT/MC game.
I really hope that the game will not be shut down , but lets not foul ourselves - the game was death before the end of the last year , so i will not be surprised if the game is buried in the graveyard of the canceled projects .

#33 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:20 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 02 September 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

I like Egomane as much as the next guy trying to discuss something valuable but he does not work for IGP, he is a volunteer is he not?
But yes he'll silence anything remotely bad towards anything IGP/PGI.

As to MW tactics, it's been dead a long time, before the website went off they were still selling founders packs!!!!!!!

And that is the game where the founders money for MWO went too!

And yet we wonder why IGP laid off staff, and MWtactics has gone dark, and MWO continues to pump out cash cow items to scrape in the $$$$$.
The server relocation to save money.....

Money troubles at the root will feed into the branches.

It almost sounds like you're saying MWT and MWO are some type of money making scheme. Make people pay for a product then pull the product and run away with the dough.

#34 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

View PostDLFReporter, on 02 September 2014 - 03:41 AM, said:

How is moving something to OT equal to silencing a topic?
The server needed relocating as the HW was really starting to fall apart. Now we (us EU Citizens) are finally back to CB latencies.

because almost nobody looks for stuff in Off Topic. You want to be seen, it's GenDis. Which is why they removed GenDis during the height of the 3pV rage.

It's called "sweeping under the rug" and hoping nobody notices so it "goes away".

#35 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

View PostGraugger, on 02 September 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

It almost sounds like you're saying MWT and MWO are some type of money making scheme. Make people pay for a product then pull the product and run away with the dough.

less concerned about PGI and MWO, tbh, simply because of the license extension with Microsoft. Pissing off Microsoft, and expecting to find future work in the industry are not a great plan.

MWT, on the other hands, started as a cool idea, but was snakebit from the start. Horrible art execution decision pushed away many potential players who just couldn't stomach the goofy look. Collectable trading card base drove away many other, "serious" TT players. Then you just have to factor it is more fun to play mechs FPS then "boardgame" style.

So it never got numbers, never got traction. Add to that two Dev teams with little ability, or passion for the product. IGP infused money that PGI owed them, into MWT (Slightly different than the way it is usually insinuated on the forums. IGP fronted start up to PGI. PGI repaid loan with some of the founders money. IGP, then funneled money into other projects, including MW:T. Nothing sinister about it)

So, lack of numbers, lack of capital, lack of vision, lack of competent design staff.

If nothing else, since PGI is still growing, regardless of what IGP is doing, it appears they are doing OK with capital, and even if I frequently, vehemently disagree with decisions, one cannot say that the Dev team lacks passion for the product. MW:O will probably continue it's slow churn for quite some time, despite the conspiracy theories, and such.

#36 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 September 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

because almost nobody looks for stuff in Off Topic. You want to be seen, it's GenDis. Which is why they removed GenDis during the height of the 3pV rage.

It's called "sweeping under the rug" and hoping nobody notices so it "goes away".

You need to fix your tinfoil hat. There seems to be a hole in there somewhere.

#37 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostEgomane, on 02 September 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

You need to fix your tinfoil hat. There seems to be a hole in there somewhere.

thanks for the wonderful screenie to send in for your moderating method.

But feel free to mislead and lie to the masses about the reasons all you like.

#38 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

Oh... do with that comment as you please.

I'm not the one who is throwing accusations around.

#39 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 September 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

thanks for the wonderful screenie to send in for your moderating method.

But feel free to mislead and lie to the masses about the reasons all you like.

Exact same stuff happens in every other forum out there. Egomane has a point.

#40 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostHeffay, on 02 September 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Exact same stuff happens in every other forum out there. Egomane has a point.

which would be what, exactly? The purely "Coincidental" forum restructuring that occurred and broke up several threadnaughts voicing massed community displeasure just happened to coincide with the 3pV furor and Russ and crew going radio silent til the Launch Event.

So either we have IGP/PGI trying to quell community uproar in a heavy handed manner....or we have them being so bad at community management at the time, that they did not remotely realize that breaking up GenDis right in the middle of the uproar would appear to be so. So, intentional, or incompetence? Great choices. Because it was that, or the appearance it gave, that has left the general feeling of distrust for PGI ever since.

PGI has almost always handled bad publicity the way Paul handles his nerfhammer.....too hard, and usually in the wrong places for good results. They have indeed been better this year about it, but please man, let's not try to sell rainbows and sunshine about their past actions.

I do more to actively support PGI than most people, in game, on forums, and with money (note after McKenna dug up the old Founders Money supported MWT conspiracy, I was the one to refute it, in this THREAD). It doesn't mean I'm putting on rose colored glasses, and usually the harder people like dear Egomange try quiet stuff, the more it makes me think it needs to be said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users