Igp Got Some Explaining To Do? Mwtactics Still Down?

52 replies to this topic

#41 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 September 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

which would be what, exactly? The purely "Coincidental" forum restructuring that occurred and broke up several threadnaughts voicing massed community displeasure just happened to coincide with the 3pV furor and Russ and crew going radio silent til the Launch Event.

So either we have IGP/PGI trying to quell community uproar in a heavy handed manner....or we have them being so bad at community management at the time, that they did not remotely realize that breaking up GenDis right in the middle of the uproar would appear to be so. So, intentional, or incompetence? Great choices. Because it was that, or the appearance it gave, that has left the general feeling of distrust for PGI ever since.

PGI has almost always handled bad publicity the way Paul handles his nerfhammer.....too hard, and usually in the wrong places for good results. They have indeed been better this year about it, but please man, let's not try to sell rainbows and sunshine about their past actions.

I do more to actively support PGI than most people, in game, on forums, and with money (note after McKenna dug up the old Founders Money supported MWT conspiracy, I was the one to refute it, in this THREAD). It doesn't mean I'm putting on rose colored glasses, and usually the harder people like dear Egomange try quiet stuff, the more it makes me think it needs to be said.

Discussions about games other than the one we're playing doesn't belong in general discussions. It is off topic. Plain and simple.

You do a lot for the community, and I appreciate it. But that doesn't mean you can't be wrong as well. And me calling you wrong doesn't mean I think you're a stinky jerk-face*. Just that you're... wrong. ;)

*You may be. I've never met you, but you seem nice enough and my mental impression is that you have at least adequate hygiene abilities.

#42 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostHeffay, on 02 September 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Discussions about games other than the one we're playing doesn't belong in general discussions. It is off topic. Plain and simple.

You do a lot for the community, and I appreciate it. But that doesn't mean you can't be wrong as well. And me calling you wrong doesn't mean I think you're a stinky jerk-face*. Just that you're... wrong. ;)

*You may be. I've never met you, but you seem nice enough and my mental impression is that you have at least adequate hygiene abilities.

In general, I would agree, actually.

Except for one thing, due to the MWT site being down, one cannot mention it on their forums. I have sent support tickets to their site, but unlike PGI; IGP seems to go out of their way to not be particularly accessible for communications. No Twitter feeds I have found (yet) or other places to badger for info.

Since it is a pretty safe assumption that 99% of MWT players also play MWO, consider it a PSA. ;)

​When one exhausts all normal recourse...one has to think .... creatively.

#43 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 September 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

In general, I would agree, actually.

Except for one thing, due to the MWT site being down, one cannot mention it on their forums. I have sent support tickets to their site, but unlike PGI; IGP seems to go out of their way to not be particularly accessible for communications. No Twitter feeds I have found (yet) or other places to badger for info.

Since it is a pretty safe assumption that 99% of MWT players also play MWO, consider it a PSA. ;)

​When one exhausts all normal recourse...one has to think .... creatively.

All that still doesn't make it an MWO topic. You being creative does not invalidate this fact.

And that IGPs support is usually unavailable during weekends and holidays is well. A fact that can be checked whenever you hit the support link at the top of the page. So you need to give them at least those days to answer your request for informations.

#44 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

View PostEgomane, on 02 September 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

All that still doesn't make it an MWO topic. You being creative does not invalidate this fact.

And that IGPs support is usually unavailable during weekends and holidays is well. A fact that can be checked whenever you hit the support link at the top of the page. So you need to give them at least those days to answer your request for informations.

then they need to think ahead, and not post a "check back in 72 hrs" splash page...when that 72 hours will put you squarely...in the weekend, quiaff? :rolleyes:

As an example, Always good for business to hold your sales on Mondays... and then be closed on Mondays, yes?

#45 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 September 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

then they need to think ahead, and not post a "check back in 72 hrs" splash page...when that 72 hours will put you squarely...in the weekend, quiaff? :rolleyes:

As an example, Always good for business to hold your sales on Mondays... and then be closed on Mondays, yes?

The irony is that it is still down at least when you go far back at the same time PGI had their server move and 72-hours covers that "starting time" and Labor Day... so right now, it's a reasonable to question the situation as it stands at the moment.

Edited by Deathlike, 02 September 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#46 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:16 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 September 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

less concerned about PGI and MWO, tbh, simply because of the license extension with Microsoft. Pissing off Microsoft, and expecting to find future work in the industry are not a great plan.

MWT, on the other hands, started as a cool idea, but was snakebit from the start. Horrible art execution decision pushed away many potential players who just couldn't stomach the goofy look. Collectable trading card base drove away many other, "serious" TT players. Then you just have to factor it is more fun to play mechs FPS then "boardgame" style.

So it never got numbers, never got traction. Add to that two Dev teams with little ability, or passion for the product. IGP infused money that PGI owed them, into MWT (Slightly different than the way it is usually insinuated on the forums. IGP fronted start up to PGI. PGI repaid loan with some of the founders money. IGP, then funneled money into other projects, including MW:T. Nothing sinister about it)

So, lack of numbers, lack of capital, lack of vision, lack of competent design staff.

If nothing else, since PGI is still growing, regardless of what IGP is doing, it appears they are doing OK with capital, and even if I frequently, vehemently disagree with decisions, one cannot say that the Dev team lacks passion for the product. MW:O will probably continue it's slow churn for quite some time, despite the conspiracy theories, and such.

Putting it that way makes it sound a lot more reasonable as to why MW:T is down and the direction of MWO is going. You'd think Microsoft might toss them a bone and give them assess to the MW4 mech designs so they can just update them rather than build them from scratch. They'd be pumping out mechs a lot faster then which would mean more revenue.

#47 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

Posted Image

Game's been out of development with Blue Lizard since Dec 2013. And likely kaput with IGP.

Amusingly enough, BLG still lists it as one of their games on the page and their website, despite no longer having anything to do with it.

Edited by wanderer, 02 September 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#48 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostGraugger, on 02 September 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Putting it that way makes it sound a lot more reasonable as to why MW:T is down and the direction of MWO is going. You'd think Microsoft might toss them a bone and give them assess to the MW4 mech designs so they can just update them rather than build them from scratch. They'd be pumping out mechs a lot faster then which would mean more revenue.

naw MW4 is on an outdated engine. By the time you converted it, might as well start from scratch, actually.

#49 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostHeffay, on 02 September 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Exact same stuff happens in every other forum out there. Egomane has a point.

What other game forum deletes general discussion during mass player unrest and labels it restructuring and general discussion sub forums a thing of the past?

Prey do tell.

I'm also going to take a wild guess and say that IGP's proof reading dept are as qualified as their in house testing.....

Edited by DV McKenna, 02 September 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#50 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostDV McKenna, on 02 September 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

What other game forum deletes general discussion during mass player unrest and labels it restructuring and general discussion sub forums a thing of the past?

Prey do tell.

We were talking about moving discussions about other video games to off topic forums. Star Citizen does that all the time.

#51 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:22 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 01 September 2014 - 11:22 PM, said:

needs some graphics though man. MWT was never "Btech TT Online" but I was hoping it might be a MechCommander substitute.

That's what I was thinking.
There is this but what the hell were they thinking putting it on a goddamn phone and MP3 player?

This is the last one ever made by Smith and Tinker (the original FASA).

Edited by Koniving, 02 September 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#52 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostKoniving, on 02 September 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

That's what I was thinking.
There is this but what the hell were they thinking putting it on a goddamn phone and MP3 player?

This is the last one ever made by Smith and Tinker (the original FASA).

YEAH. never figured that out, either

#53 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 September 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

YEAH. never figured that out, either

Well looking at it, "IPad." But that's not even a laptop is it? That's like a tablet...
Need to find a working emulator. If you find one let me know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users