#21 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:05 PM

Buying and learning a new mech is one of the few proactive things you can do to broaden your MWO experience.

New maps and modes are coming but slowly, but you at least can control when you buy a new mech and how you play it.

Probably a good time to go window shopping for a Heavy or Assault mech to play.

#22 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:11 PM

View Postshintakie, on 02 September 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

There's an actual difference between them?

nope
the only difference between assault and conquest is number of cap points. That's it. You're right, they all devolve into shoot everyone. That's partially because of all the rage and QQ that came about from the "People are capping instead of fighting" threads that popped up.

#23 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

You could try out Hawken. Its faster paced, better graphics, more game modes. Not nearly the customization of MWO and it has its own burst fire alpha strike problems too. Dark Souls is amazing. The Witcher series is good. Space Engineers is cool, Path of Exile is totally free and better than Diablo 3. I dunno honestly games where all you do is shoot stuff tend to get boring fast.

#24 Dark Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:55 AM

Planetside 2 ...

#25 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

The first time i lost interest i bought the Ilya Muromets in one last act of desperation.

I enjoyed that mech so much that i kept going.So a new mech worked for me.

Left two times for longer periods - the last time for almost a year, but i always come back.

But yes - fresh air is needed.

Maps, maps, many more maps - and personally i want melee and collision (aka death from above).

I don´t have high expectations regarding Community Warfare.

#26 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

@OP uninstall and find a better game to play, this one is being flushed down the toilet.

Edited by KHETTI, 03 September 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#27 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

Even thought I've renamed my MWO shortcut to HellinAHandbasket I still play and enjoy it.
I just don't have the expectations of someone who has been playing this stuff since TT.

#28 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:04 PM

You could try the stock mech events that run every week by some of the community. If nothing else, it can give you an excuse to run some mechs you wouldn't bother with otherwise since you have to keep a stock loadout. I keep meaning to do that myself. I also downloaded MegaMek and have been messing around with it. The TT simulator is a very different game compared to MWO, and I can always just play against a bot if I don't feel like dealing with a random sample of humanity while I am trying to have fun. I think most people take breaks from this game from time to time. Until there is some in-game reason to switch things up and use different mechs/builds, how could you not get burnt out after a while?

#29 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

MWO is basically an arena team shooter. Added interest through mech customization, somewhat gradual rather than instant death, and no respawn.

If you enjoy the basic mech vs mech combat you will probably come back. If you don't you probably would not have stayed as long as you have.

The game has no content beyond blowing up opposing mechs in 10 minute batches.

They could have made competition more interesting with leader boards ...
They could have made playing different mechs more interesting with a better, more diverse, experience system that allowed each variant to unlock different choices of abilities (a la skill tress in MMOs)
They could have made each game mean something if they had implemented community warfare (this is supposed to be in the works)
They could have made each mech more unique by implementing role warfare - perks, benefits, rewards - as they described in the beginning (role warfare at the moment is a joke ... some bonus xp and cbills for spotting ... that anyone can earn)

The comment has been made since closed beta that the game has NOTHING to motivate players beyond enjoying the limited shooter experience. It has taken them 2 years to start to do anything about this ... starting to implement some sort of community warfare ... but they could have done so much more and I have no idea how many players they have lost over the years because there is no reason to play besides blowing up other stompy war machines. :)

So as others have said ...take a break ... if you like the basic game mechanic of blowing up mechs ... you will eventually come back.

P.S. In terms of mechs to try ... I mostly play lights myself ... since you haven't tried the Jenner or Firestarter ... I think you are missing some of the most fun to be had in light mechs. Also, if you want to try out heavies in a fire support role, the Jagermech is a good choice in my opinion. High mounted weapons and the ability to fit ballistics/energy/missiles depending on variant make it a very flexible mech (the A is probably the most flexible in terms of weapon choices).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users