My desyncing is worse this week.

#22 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

What's with the Cryengine? It seems loaded with these annoying issues that keep eating up dev time to resolve.

I'm wondering if this issue is gonna be similar to how the HUD bug was, another deep issue somewhere in the game engine.

I'm sure the devs will get it worked out, but I can imagine how much of a headache it is going to be along the way.

So Good Luck, and Godspeed.

#23 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:08 PM

View PostPraetor Knight, on 02 September 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

What's with the Cryengine? It seems loaded with these annoying issues that keep eating up dev time to resolve.

I'm wondering if this issue is gonna be similar to how the HUD bug was, another deep issue somewhere in the game engine.

I'm sure the devs will get it worked out, but I can imagine how much of a headache it is going to be along the way.

So Good Luck, and Godspeed.

Cryengine 3 runs plenty of other games that don't seem to have this much of a headache. It's not the engine's fault...

#24 Opus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:26 PM

I have a test ping from Utah to Vancouver of 21ms that being said the minute I log into MWO 120 or higher....

I gave up and moved to a new game

Edited by Opus, 02 September 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#25 W00dst0ck

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

Experienced 2 desyncs in the same game on Tourmaline while using a Hunchback.

About 5 desyncs in about 20 games today using different mechs on different maps.

As suggested, please remove the rejoin feature on the PTS and see if that resolves the issue.

#26 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostSandpit, on 02 September 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

Cryengine 3 runs plenty of other games that don't seem to have this much of a headache. It's not the engine's fault...

Ah yes... Not the engine's fault... :mellow:

Dunno what to say at this point! :lol:

#27 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 02 September 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

I've experienced it most on Crimson Strait and Tourmaline. It usually occurs when there are a lot mechs in a small area usually around one of the bases.

It's also pretty bad on Caustic. :(

Overall, I can't say that I've noticed a decrease in desyncs since the patch went live. If anything, I think they may have increased a little bit.

#28 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

I cant trace it to one thing or the other. for me it helps if i stop pushing any buttons and do nothing, its usually comes back 90%? of the time. Wish you guys luck on this. Should be all focus, as if you had clan wars and it came down to a tight game and this **** happened to me I would rage beyond on Rage.

#29 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

You did something to improve from the last patch, at least from my perspective. My entire weekend was with no appreciable desync. Nothing on my side of the connection changed, so you did something right on your end to make it better.

#30 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostRashhaverak, on 02 September 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

You did something to improve from the last patch, at least from my perspective. My entire weekend was with no appreciable desync. Nothing on my side of the connection changed, so you did something right on your end to make it better.

Hopefully that means they're at least starting to track down the cause

#31 UBCslayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

Brutal de-sync games on both Tourmaline and Alpine today (twice). These two maps seem to be the worst culprits... game breaking de-sync combined with lag spikes 5x the normal makes the game unplayable right now every 4th or 5th game.

#32 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostOpus, on 02 September 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

I have a test ping from Utah to Vancouver of 21ms that being said the minute I log into MWO 120 or higher....

I gave up and moved to a new game

you realize that the game servers are in EASTERN Canada, right?

#33 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 02 September 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

I'm no software engineer, but I suggest you remove the rejoin feature and see what happens. Most people associate that patch with the bad desync and rubber banding issues.

PGI. You are wasting time. If you can't reproduce it your test environment at least try rolling back the rejoin feature in public test and do a 12-24hours run for feedback on the Desync issue.

Has there been a technical explaination from you guys what the desync bug really is ?
The server gets too busy to send update to the game client ?
The server forgets to send updates to the game client ?
Your firewall sessions or network resources getting used up in certain situations ? (Is there only 1 game server where everyone connects too ? Does it when certain highs are reached based on your trending data ?)

Thanks to the DC move.. It is obviously nothing to do with the intne

#34 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

View PostSandpit, on 02 September 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

That's because other developers don't stray too far from vanilla cryengine. PGI has decided to make a lot of proprietary tools and change the way cryengine does certain things. That's what is causing a lot of the troubles. That and PGI didn't pay for full cryengine support.

#35 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostUBCslayer, on 02 September 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

Brutal de-sync games on both Tourmaline and Alpine today (twice). These two maps seem to be the worst culprits... game breaking de-sync combined with lag spikes 5x the normal makes the game unplayable right now every 4th or 5th game.

The issue is likely exaggerated by the larger map sizes then.

#36 Mr Everything

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

Thank you for Posting this;

As I thought it was My system had a bug or something I did run the Repair tool and was even thinking of re-installing all together.

The De-Sync issue has gotten so bad for me in the last 2-3 days that it is so hard to play it has made playing at this time Impossible

Yes i can load the game and I can walk around and fire my weapons, but n the heat of battle i de-sync and am off in some other corner of the map, (killed).

I know you are gathering info and data to help with these issues. so here is all i can remember and What my physical layout is

CPU: I7 3770 @ 3.4 Ghz 3.9 Ghz
RAM: 16GB
System 64bit
Windows: 7 Home Premium
GPU: Gigabyte 770 4GB Running in 3 monitor layout (not surround)

Hard Drive: 4TB SSHD
Rat 5 Mouse
Standard Keyboard
Gamdias eros Headset/mic

Resolution 1080x1920
Running with Teamspeak3
Netgear 900 Router
Fiber Internet 50 Up / 50 Down

I have been playing with these Hardware and settings for Months and the Syc issue has gotten worse in the last week, Hope this helps

#37 StandingInFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:16 PM

From my experience desync always seem to happen after I have been playing for a while, once one happens I reboot the client and then I don't have any desyncs for a while, so maybe somewhere its "backing up" so to speak.

#38 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

Just sent to Support, I had a few Disconnects during the last weekend Challenge.

However, since the server migration, I have had
- several disconnects
- several rubberbanding in matches, first limited to Caustic Valley but then on Alpine Peaks and River City Night, last one so bad, I am suspending play until it looks fixed.
- seen lots of other disconnects.
- something else I suddenly cannot remember.

All since the server migration.

Request checking of hardware and software, possibly if something has changed from the previous setup, that could be a cause, seen this happen when I worked in telecom.

Cannot be ping or something else, I was fine for 99% of the time before the migration, location New York City area. Unless the physical server location is now somewhere else than previously.

#39 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:31 PM

I think the desyncs are less common since the server moved, maybe due to that change, not fixed though.

The problem where Australian connections are routed via Europe is much worse for me. The game is horrible at 400 ping. Is there anything being done to get the connections going the right way? I don't want to need to use a VPN.

#40 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 02 September 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Thanks for the update.

Anecdotally, I'm having far fewer desynchs than before, but they are still happening. Last night I desynched alone in front of a fresh DireWolf, hit all stop and patiently twiddled my thumbs. When the game came to, the DW was dead and NO-ONE KNEW HOW IT DIED.

Now, i'm not saying it's some form of homicidal ghost responsible for the desynchs, just that it's a possibility.

Honestly, this is quite entertaining. Maybe the desync is actually good for the ga *gets hammered by people*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users