#141 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostVariant1, on 05 September 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

And yet its still the most used weapon. pretty sure no one can survive a 150 dmg volley.

what? ignore the evidence against lrms? You mean the evidence i point out having the ability to shoot over hiils, lock-on, dmg and indirect buff to brawlers? oh right i forgot you think its uber weak because its "unviable" or "inaccurate" myabe if youd spend less time shooting hills and maybe going with the team youd suck less.

Nearly every mech can survive 150 damage spread over 5 components.

Have you used radar derp, proper cover, positioning, AMS, Magic Jesus Box, or simply closed the distance if they aren't focused on you?

I don't have problems with LRMs. You do. I'm not sure why that is.

#142 Variant1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 05 September 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

Okay, you're either so new you are still learning the basics, or this is a duplicate account you're using to just be a jerk online. I'm not sure yet. If you can't hack it, it's time to go back to what you were playing before and happy with.

This is a forum account, i have a different account that i normally play on. And how am i jerk if im giving valid points about lrms broken arc? Alright why do YOU think lrms are balanced? Are you fine with the whole majority of games being launch missiles from behind a hill or is that you're favorite play style?

#143 Kiryuin Ragyo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationNorth Korea

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:10 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 05 September 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Can the mods ban this troll already?

Adults are conversing here and he (or she) is a distraction.

Ban U'r azz, d00d.

#144 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:10 PM

View PostVariant1, on 05 September 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

again with the "cover" excuse, ill use caustic valley as my example like you. There is a big hill at the center of the map were most battle occur. The problem is that the middle of the map offer no protection from lrms but is a key point map control. when behind the middle hill you cant get shot by direct fire, BUT lrms can shoot over this hill. The only places that cant get shot by lrms easily would be the far side big rocks, but that itself is a huge disadvantage because it gives snipers many angles to shoot from the center. The enemy team simply surrounds and annihilate the team, you're safe from lurms but guess what? YOUR DEAD. you were most likely taking cover on the edges of the map.

Actually moving when the lrms are coming will cause a lot of them to miss. If you stand still when you get the "INCOMING MISSILE" flashing on your screen of course you will get splattered. Try running perpendicular to the direction they are coming from. Short of NARC you should do much better.

#145 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

You're not giving valid points. But that said, there is no point talking to you on the subject as you are just trolling with an alt account by your own admission. If these were valid points, you'd do it under your real account.

#146 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostVariant1, on 05 September 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

This is a forum account, i have a different account that i normally play on. And how am i jerk if im giving valid points about lrms broken arc? Alright why do YOU think lrms are balanced? Are you fine with the whole majority of games being launch missiles from behind a hill or is that you're favorite play style?

LRMs are for the most part very underpowered, but that's mainly because of Magic Jesus Box.

Make them a viable direct fire weapon if you want to nerf their indirect capabilities. Don't simply make them garbage.

#147 Variant1

• 1,148 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 05 September 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Nearly every mech can survive 150 damage spread over 5 components.
Have you used radar derp, proper cover, positioning, AMS, Magic Jesus Box, or simply closed the distance if they aren't focused on you?
I don't have problems with LRMs. You do. I'm not sure why that is.

150 dmg from direct or indirect? I know how to use 'proper' cover then another problem arises with brawlers since most maps have cover. Trying to close the distance with an lrmer is like charging into a wall of spikes because since this is a team game the boat will most likely be sticking with his/her team, meaning a push is suicide.
And why don't you have a problem with lrms? is it because you use them? Do you like watching lrm-aimbows across the sky?

#148 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostVariant1, on 05 September 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

150 dmg from direct or indirect? I know how to use 'proper' cover then another problem arises with brawlers since most maps have cover. Trying to close the distance with an lrmer is like charging into a wall of spikes because since this is a team game the boat will most likely be sticking with his/her team, meaning a push is suicide.
And why don't you have a problem with lrms? is it because you use them? Do you like watching lrm-aimbows across the sky?

I do not use LRMs, because you can't aim them. They are pretty terrible weapons, all in all. They kill derps efficiently, and that's about it. I don't like being defenseless under 200M.

150 damage isn't very much. Light mechs mount 200+armour, though 55 tonners can easily tank that damage, let alone anything larger. It's focused damage that kills, not large numbers.

Eh, I don't have an issue pushing most of the time. Although, PUGging can lead to some of those. Derps who don't want to move.

#149 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostVariant1, on 05 September 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

And yet its still the most used weapon.

I guess you don't notice the amount of other weapons...

pretty sure no one can survive a 150 dmg volley.

How often do you get hit by a 136 missile salvo? :lol:

(Sorry i made a mistake. It would be 136 missiles if they all hit.)

Edited by Wolfways, 05 September 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#150 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostWolfways, on 05 September 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

I guess you don't notice the amount of other weapons...

How often do you get hit by a 136 missile salvo? :lol:

I can't believe how many mechs spam lasers! I mean they're on EVERYTHING out there! Every mech has practically one or more Laser

#151 Variant1

• 1,148 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 05 September 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

Actually moving when the lrms are coming will cause a lot of them to miss. If you stand still when you get the "INCOMING MISSILE" flashing on your screen of course you will get splattered. Try running perpendicular to the direction they are coming from. Short of NARC you should do much better.

Not when you are being spotted or engaging in a firefight with a team, because a situation like mean if you retreat then you die.

View PostKjudoon, on 05 September 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

You're not giving valid points. But that said, there is no point talking to you on the subject as you are just trolling with an alt account by your own admission. If these were valid points, you'd do it under your real account.

Alright what points were not valid? Was it the arc? the screen shake?
oh so im a troll now because i dont like lrms or use a different account, maybe i dont want to use my real account under the threat of lrm lovers harassing me?

View PostMcgral18, on 05 September 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

LRMs are for the most part very underpowered, but that's mainly because of Magic Jesus Box.
Make them a viable direct fire weapon if you want to nerf their indirect capabilities. Don't simply make them garbage.

What is this magic jesus box that makes them so underpowered? each missile does 1.1 dmg whats wrong with that? they can shoot over hills, can other weapons do that? Even if they don't hit, the enemy will want to take cover because of the 'incoming missiles'.
Sure im down with the idea with making them a viable direct fire weapon if that means no more over the hill spaming.

#152 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 04 September 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

I quote the argument between Egg Chen and Wang Chi in "Big Trouble in Little China" about the wisdom of an umbrella in the rain.

Wang Chi: A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack.[/color]
Egg Shen: Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain![/color]

And to a lesser extent:

Jack Burton: "I don't get it."
Lo Pan: "You were not brought forth upon this earth to get it, Mr. Burton"

#153 Variant1

• 1,148 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 05 September 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

I do not use LRMs, because you can't aim them. They are pretty terrible weapons, all in all. They kill derps efficiently, and that's about it. I don't like being defenseless under 200M.
150 damage isn't very much. Light mechs mount 200+armour, though 55 tonners can easily tank that damage, let alone anything larger. It's focused damage that kills, not large numbers.
Eh, I don't have an issue pushing most of the time. Although, PUGging can lead to some of those. Derps who don't want to move.

Well of course you cant aim them because they are aimed for you, hence why its called a lock-on weapon. You don't have to be defenseless you can still equip close range weapons like small lasers to defend yourself with or just stick with the team which many boats do.

#154 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostVariant1, on 05 September 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

again with the "cover" excuse, ill use caustic valley as my example like you. There is a big hill at the center of the map were most battle occur. The problem is that the middle of the map offer no protection from lrms but is a key point map control. when behind the middle hill you cant get shot by direct fire, BUT lrms can shoot over this hill. The only places that cant get shot by lrms easily would be the far side big rocks, but that itself is a huge disadvantage because it gives snipers many angles to shoot from the center. The enemy team simply surrounds and annihilate the team, you're safe from lurms but guess what? YOUR DEAD. you were most likely taking cover on the edges of the map.

LRM's cannot indirect-fire alone. If you are being shot from over a hill look for the spotter or shoot down the UAV.

#155 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

There are people out there who need a lock on weapon. Understood. Remove indirect fire and I will stop complaining about LRMs.

#156 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

Alright what points were not valid? Was it the arc? the screen shake?
oh so im a troll now because i dont like lrms or use a different account, maybe i dont want to use my real account under the threat of lrm lovers harassing me?

Okay, one last response.

1. Yes you're a troll. If you're saying things you don't have the courage to back up, you're trolling

2. The Arc is fine, the screen shake is less than ACs, the damage is low and spread out compared to other direct fire weapons, Comparatively, you never see LRMs used by competitive teams because they are slow, unreliable and easily countered and defended against compared to direct fire pinpoint weapons. All those good players use cover, ECM and are skilled enough in how to pilot around the map that only the sloppiest and unluckiest get killed by them

3. No one's gonna bother trolling you and that's an invalid excuse to hide. What do I care that you hate LRMs? I know by your statements you're going to wander out into the open for an easy kill by either me, some other LRM player or direct fire if I even see you in matches with me. I get trolled all the time for being an LRM mech. I know at least a half dozen guys who charge me or start hunting me the instant they see me on the field because they know what I run.

So what.

It's time to cowboy up and get better, just like I had to.

As an example on how I went out to learn to get better, I bought a Raven 3L I named "Crutches" because I use all the bad pilot crutches out there, except AMS because I don't need something giving my position away. In doing so I learned how ECM makes for such sloppy piloting tactics, and good pilots that much more irritating. Adopt the weapon you hate, learn it and grow. Otherwise, really, enough whining. Go to your mech bay till you're ready to play well with others.

Edited by Kjudoon, 05 September 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#157 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

View PostVariant1, on 05 September 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

lol now the boats are sticking with their team instead of sitting behind hills. Change your story much?

#158 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostVariant1, on 05 September 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

Not when you are being spotted or engaging in a firefight with a team, because a situation like mean if you retreat then you die.

If you are taking cover on the opposite side of the crater a firefight is not an issue. And being spotted doesn't change anything. You are basically sidestepping the missiles at the last moment.

#159 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostMoomtazz, on 05 September 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

There are people out there who need a lock on weapon. Understood. Remove indirect fire and I will stop complaining about LRMs.

No. Go away.

Better still introduce ballistic Mech Mortars which is unguided indirect fire.

Edited by Kjudoon, 05 September 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#160 Variant1

• 1,148 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostWolfways, on 05 September 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

LRM's cannot indirect-fire alone. If you are being shot from over a hill look for the spotter or shoot down the UAV.

Obviously because this is a team game, were conflict is inevitable so that argument already falls flat. If there is a spotter then it would have mostly likely ran away if it got spotted(thats ironic), UAV people sometimes shoot down.

edit: no shinobihunter Im saying getting targets for lrms is no problem because this is a team game so shooting over hill play-style is easymode.

Edited by Variant1, 05 September 2014 - 01:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users