#161 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostVariant1, on 05 September 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

Obviously because this is a team game, were conflict is inevitable so that argument already falls flat. If there is a spotter then it would have mostly likely ran away if it got spotted(thats ironic), UAV people sometimes shoot down.

Perhaps I misread that, but did you just agree with him?

#162 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 04 September 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

I quote the argument between Egg Chen and Wang Chi in "Big Trouble in Little China" about the wisdom of an umbrella in the rain.

Wang Chi: A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack.[/color]
Egg Shen: Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain![/color]

You mean?

Much wisdom in that clip...

#163 Variant1

• 1,148 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 05 September 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

1. Yes you're a troll. If you're saying things you don't have the courage to back up, you're trolling
2. The Arc is fine, the screen shake is less than ACs, the damage is low and spread out compared to other direct fire weapons, Comparatively, you never see LRMs used by competitive teams because they are slow, unreliable and easily countered and defended against compared to direct fire pinpoint weapons. All those good players use cover, ECM and are skilled enough in how to pilot around the map that only the sloppiest and unluckiest get killed by them
3. No one's gonna bother trolling you and that's an invalid excuse to hide. What do I care that you hate LRMs? I know by your statements you're going to wander out into the open for an easy kill by either me, some other LRM player or direct fire if I even see you in matches with me. I get trolled all the time for being an LRM mech. I know at least a half dozen guys who charge me or start hunting me the instant they see me on the field because they know what I run.
So what.
It's time to cowboy up and get better, just like I had to.
Adopt the weapon you hate, learn it and grow.

1. aight so backing up my stuff with courage and im still a troll. k got it
2.Less screen shake but can shoot over hills unlike acs, Competitive teams probably dont use it because its cheap or boring to use. ecm can be countered by narc or tag. As for cover, easy just get brawlers in there.
3.Makes sense for you to defend it since you use it.

I know how to use cover waht more do you want from me? I mentioned it many times that i know how to use cover its just then theres the problem of the supposedly "extinct" brawlers. Since many people will stay close to cover it makes it easy for brawlers to get them since the meta evolves into cover hugging. And i HAVE used lrms, i found very boring and easy to use. A you can stick with you're team lobing missiles like a boss or B sit behind a hill close to you're team and lob missiles over it. I dont get why people like to boat only lrms. I have a 3 lrm 5 centurion (c)[from the free mech event]) and every time i played it was hit r and left click, watching as the steady stream of lrms hit my targets. Maybe you just like to watch the steam of urine hit targets with the reticle going from yellow to red, but i just don't get it
trololol umad bro?

Edited by Variant1, 05 September 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#164 Stormyblade

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around Portland, OR

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostGryphon187, on 04 September 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

During 3 games yesterday, there were people who were complaining about LRMs. Basically the gist of their complaints were 1) "the only reason I was killed was due to someone, or several someones, using LRMs", and 2) REAL 'MechWarriors would stand and slug it out with lasers, not be a coward and hide behind cover and launch LRMs. My response is this: AMS, ECM, and FIND COVER! Most Battlemechs can mount AMS and/or ECM. Use it! Also, stick near cover and use it when you get the warning signal. These are not 100% effective, These things will help extend your life in the game. As far as standing and slugging it out, I am not that honorable, I fight to win, not for honor. I PREFER to stand behind cover and attack the enemy, while avoiding return fire. Additionally, in order to be more effective with LRM + Artemis, line of sight is needed. That means exposing myself to possible return fire. I have been on both sides of the LRM issue. I have pounded Battlemechs into dust with LRMs, and I have been the recipient of being pounded into dust by enemy LRMs. I accept LRMs as part of the game. I deal with them using the above methods, or I die. But I don't complain about them.

There are many, many warriors/pilots that would say you are part of the problem with this game. I would wager that there are some that feel you are a warrior and should be bound by honor unless you are a dirty, filthy merc who should be shot on sight. :D

#165 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

So you don't want to deal with lrms, and you don't want to use cover because of brawlers? Not sure what that leaves? What sort of gameplay are you hoping for?

#166 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostKiryuin Ragyo, on 05 September 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

Ban U'r azz, d00d.

Posted Image

#167 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:23 PM

Same arguments as in the other threads. Same hostility as well.

Closing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users