• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 05 September 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

Ok.. this is definitely original.

No AI bots. :)

MWO is not dying and continues to grow, and PGI is dedicated to continuing to develop, add, and build upon what we have created so far. There is no end in sight for us!

Great that you responded to this Bryan... but c'mon, can't you make fun of the AI comment a little bit? Just a bit? Your fans will love you for it.

#42 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

I gladly exchange Charlie Lance for bots in most matches in the solo queue..

#43 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

Posted Image

#44 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 05 September 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

If it is growing, put the player counter back, why so scared bro?

This

#45 Archon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:00 AM

MWO is not dying and continues to grow, and PGI is dedicated to continuing to develop, add, and build upon what we have created so far. There is no end in sight for us!

Gasp! That's exactly the kind of thing a bot would say! WE HAVE PROOF!

Also I believe the terrorists are involved. Because aliens.

Edited by Archon, 05 September 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#46 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:00 AM

Bot players haven't been around for a long time, and were more of a "Farming" exercise for people desperate to get money. It ended within a few months.

#47 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:08 AM

Growing like a cancerous tumor, or a parasitic disease with "Fun" as the host... I would rather take a shot of puffer fish poison, inject cobra venom directly into my retina, and smoke a bowl of bath salts laced with ricin than play this sorry abomination of a video game.

Edited by Lonestar1771, 05 September 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#48 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 05 September 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

If it is growing, put the player counter back, why so scared bro?

I know people would like to see it for a variety of reasons; good or bad. However our position is simple - for now we consider MWO player counts a private corporate KPI, like our sales figures, ARPU, conversion, MAU, etc.

#49 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 05 September 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

I know people would like to see it for a variety of reasons; good or bad. However our position is simple - for now we consider MWO player counts a private corporate KPI, like our sales figures, ARPU, conversion, MAU, etc.

People like to see it because it's basically an industry standard for F2P games.
And if the MWO playerbase is growing as you suggest, is that not something you should be proud to showcase?

#50 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 05 September 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Growing like a cancerous tumor, or a parasitic disease with "Fun" as the host... I would rather take a shot of puffer fish poison, inject cobra venom directly into my retina, and smoke a bowl of bath salts laced with ricin than play this sorry abomination of a video game.

Hmmmmph. My quest to be the most overly dramatic poster of the week has come to an end.

I've been defeated by a far better douche than myself.

#51 girl on fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

it's good to see you actively posting on the forum, Bryan :)

#52 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostMott, on 05 September 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

Hmmmmph. My quest to be the most overly dramatic poster of the week has come to an end.

I've been defeated by a far better douche than myself.

Don't forget to rinse after gargling PGI's collective taints! :D

#53 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:18 AM

Well there it is a Answer from the dev thanks Brian for commenting.The offer still hold the community at large would love to help in any way to make this game succeed. And im sure many would agree we would not like to see MWO die but just the opposite live long and prosper.

Many great suggestions have come your way from a true MSN gamming lobby for competitive leagues to mech lab configuration saves to PVE campaigns and a many balance propositions. Don't forget US in your game plan decisions we are the hand that feeds you!

#54 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 05 September 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

Don't forget to rinse after gargling PGI's collective taints! :D

lol I'd love to take offense for you... but you obviously have no idea of my past on the forums nor of how happy I am to hold PGI's feet to the fire. I ain't no white knight. Hell... on my most forgiving day i'm kind of a sooty-black/grey knight.

#55 Jojoyojimbi

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostPappySmurf, on 05 September 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Well there it is a Answer from the dev thanks Brian for commenting.The offer still hold the community at large would love to help in any way to make this game succeed. And im sure many would agree we would not like to see MWO die but just the opposite live long and prosper.

Many great suggestions have come your way from a true MSN gamming lobby for competitive leagues to mech lab configuration saves to PVE campaigns and a many balance propositions. Don't forget US in your game plan decisions we are the hand that feeds you!

i hope you made them wear a rubber before you got all up on their junk like that, how about instead of supporting these habitual bullshit artists you uninstall and play another game that's less like an abusive relationship where PGI takes your money continually for hero mechs and bullshit clan packages and never delivers on maps they claim cost $250k each to develop, while other companies can grind out hundreds or thousands of maps for fractions of that cost, complete with destructable terrain and interactivity.

maybe if we all stop letting them slap us around and stop playing until they finally deliver on clanwarfare that's TWO YEARS OVERDUE by their promises and make some more game modes, a lobby, and some simple ******* maps for free, they'll get their **** together and just stop reskinning the 3 frames they use as mech bodies and cranking out **** heroes

#56 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostJojoyojimbi, on 05 September 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

maybe if we all stop letting them slap us around and stop playing until they finally deliver on clanwarfare that's TWO YEARS OVERDUE by their promises and make some more game modes, a lobby, and some simple ******* maps for free, they'll get their **** together and just stop reskinning the 3 frames they use as mech bodies and cranking out **** heroes

Sounds a lot like one of those Posted Image and we all know how well those turn out.

#57 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostJojoyojimbi, on 05 September 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

-snip-

I've got more enjoyment out of the money I put into MWO than any other money I've put into any other game. Since you have uninstalled, feel free to put money into another game. I'm sure there are plenty of people who will think you are wasting your money on it.

#58 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:39 AM

AI bots confirmed!

#59 Oni74

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:45 AM

Added transparency would be great, but given the developers' receptiveness to player suggestions, I've all but given up on providing constructive suggestions. Now, I just hope things will get better, but I'm not spending another dime on the game until I see drastic improvements in:
  • Faster turn around on maps and game modes
  • Planetary conquest with proper lobbies, MM, etc. etc. etc.
  • Mech size scaling - Atlas sized mediums? FFS don't lie to me about "component density" and resize the effing mechs.
  • Mech visual updates - My ilya still has an AC sticking out of his gut although he has 2 AC10s in the arms.
  • Rationalized, sensible, incremental balancing changes
In the meanwhile, I play MWO less and less frequently for fewer number of matches. I've a ton of untouched Steam games I bought during their sales. Oh wells!

#60 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 05 September 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

Posted Image

But i am afraid not.

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users