244 replies to this topic

#241 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:42 AM

Well PGI, best of luck with the new project!

Some advices though:

Sometimes its better to do one thing REALLY well rather than several at a so-so level. Chipotle comes to mind...

#242 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:46 AM

Well, as someone added.. This seems to be a space sim game.

Definitely the WORST time to create a new space sim game :P

#243 Raghnall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:47 AM

I wish I could say this wasn't a surprise, but it is and not of the good kind. My sense is the community is going to be displeased with the full announcement of the game.

Maybe you can now free up the mechwarrior/battletech license to another company for a single player game?

#244 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

It's interesting that you've chosen to try and make a new game, at this point in time.

Maybe if MWO was in better shape, and further along I could see it, but with the sad state that is MWO it's kinda crazy for PGI to launch into another project.

We still don't have real CW, we only have 3 game modes, and you've JUST previewed the first new map in a long time...

IE non mech based content is CRAWLING out in MWO.. and ontop of that? this game just isn't that good..

What do I mean by that? I mean that if this wasn't a mechwarrior title I wouldn't be playing it. The shooting combat is solid but it's not amazing, the graphics are okish and everything else is pretty subpar. PGI has always.. found it important to throw it at us that Mechwarrior is a niche game, and that nobody was gonna make another one, and somehow we should all be grateful that Russ and Paul decided to do one. But you often forget that the fact that it's Mechwarrior is the only reason this game has had any success.

Now you want to take your same sloppy game design and devlopment and create a game with no IP behind it? I honestly have no faith that this game will be any good or last terribly long.

Also.. you have a lot of angry customers HERE what's going to stop them from going THERE and doing their damnedest to warn potential players about how you've treated MWO?

edit: Also I'm sorry but I'm not 8, and I don't believe you that you haven't been siphoning MWO money to pay for this project..

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 06 September 2014 - 06:58 AM.

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users