- - - - -

Purchasing The Timberwolf

8 replies to this topic

#1 Dino Banino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

I've played both Mechassault and Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf for the Xbox a while back. There was a mech in the series known as the Mad Cat with a variant - Timberwolf. I understand this game should have the Timberwolf, but I can't find it in the MechLab to purchase. How do I purchase the Timberwolf? Thanks in advance.

#2 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

View PostArchangel Dino, on 07 September 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

I've played both Mechassault and Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf for the Xbox a while back. There was a mech in the series known as the Mad Cat with a variant - Timberwolf. I understand this game should have the Timberwolf, but I can't find it in the MechLab to purchase. How do I purchase the Timberwolf? Thanks in advance.

You are only able to purchase it with real money. It will be released in November for in-game currency though if you can wait that long.

#3 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

The Madcat is the Inner Sphere name for the Timberwolf clan mech.

The Timberwolf at the moment is only available for purchase through the clan packages, and A La Carte

http://www.mwomercs.com/clans

It will be available for MC in October, and C-Bills in November.

http://mwomercs.com/...elease-schedule

Am I correct in assuming you just got back into the game?

You are still listed as a recruit, meaning you are getting the Cadet bonus. I recommend saving up that cadet bonus (totaling up to around 10 mil.), and getting the T-Wolf for C-Bills in November. If you don't want to wait, and/or like to support the game, you can purchase it with real cash from the clan page I linked above.

Keep in mind, A La Carte purchases are cheaper the more mechs you add to it (cheaper per mech, you're still paying lots of money).

EDIT: Darth is a NINJA! :ph34r:

Edited by IraqiWalker, 07 September 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#4 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

It should be noted that its cheaper to buy Timber Wolves a la carte than individually with MC. Don't wait until October thinking you can buy them with real money for cheaper then.

#5 Dino Banino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 07 September 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

The Madcat is the Inner Sphere name for the Timberwolf clan mech.

The Timberwolf at the moment is only available for purchase through the clan packages, and A La Carte

http://www.mwomercs.com/clans

It will be available for MC in October, and C-Bills in November.

http://mwomercs.com/...elease-schedule

Am I correct in assuming you just got back into the game?

You are still listed as a recruit, meaning you are getting the Cadet bonus. I recommend saving up that cadet bonus (totaling up to around 10 mil.), and getting the T-Wolf for C-Bills in November. If you don't want to wait, and/or like to support the game, you can purchase it with real cash from the clan page I linked above.

Keep in mind, A La Carte purchases are cheaper the more mechs you add to it (cheaper per mech, you're still paying lots of money).

EDIT: Darth is a NINJA! :ph34r:

You have no idea how helpful you were to me. I was panicking the entire time thinking "But I know Mechwarrior Online has the Timberwolf. I just don't know where to find it." Now that I know, I actually will buy it with real money because that is the only Mech I am familiar with aside from Summoner, Atlas, and Catapult, all of which were also in the Mechassault series. I've never even heard of all these other Mechs.

Now in terms of me coming back to the game - I downloaded the game a while back only to find my system requirements weren't nearly as good to run the game. Now I have a gaming computer and I'm all set. However, in terms of the Mechwarrior series, I know just about the name of the Factions. I'm only familiar with Mechassault which apparently is an insult to Mechwarrior fans.

Edited by Archangel Dino, 07 September 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#6 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:14 PM

View PostArchangel Dino, on 07 September 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

You have no idea how helpful you were to me. I was panicking the entire time thinking "But I know Mechwarrior Online has the Timberwolf. I just don't know where to find it." Now that I know, I actually will buy it with real money because that is the only Mech I am familiar with aside from Summoner, Atlas, and Catapult, all of which were also in the Mechassault series. I've never even heard of all these other Mechs.

Now in terms of me coming back to the game - I downloaded the game a while back only to find my system requirements weren't nearly as good to run the game. Now I have a gaming computer and I'm all set. However, in terms of the Mechwarrior series, I know just about the name of the Factions. I'm only familiar with Mechassault which apparently is an insult to Mechwarrior fans.

LOL, Mech Assault 2 had some bad lore violations. The game was fun, and good, but most hardcore Battletech fans hate it, simply because of the bad lore.

I'm glad I was helpful, and as Mars mentioned above, it's cheaper to buy the T-Wolf A La Carte, than purchase three variants for MC. As for most of the other mechs, and the background stuff, I recommend going to:

Sarna

Sarna is the BT wikia, with possibly the most accurate information on the BT universe out there.

#7 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostArchangel Dino, on 07 September 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

However, in terms of the Mechwarrior series, I know just about the name of the Factions. I'm only familiar with Mechassault which apparently is an insult to Mechwarrior fans.

So there are a couple of factions. this page probably best explains it: https://mwomercs.com/game/factions
Also clan factions: https://mwomercs.com/game/clans

This topic may help you decide which faction to join: http://mwomercs.com/...-but-which-one/

Edited by Darth Futuza, 07 September 2014 - 06:17 PM.

#8 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

If you're going to buy a mech with cash, Timberwolf is a good choice. Extremely versatile, can mount every type of clan weapon, can mount JJ, lots of room to customize it. Fast, maeuverable, lots of pod space, and if you buy an a la carte trio you get one with a special permanent C-bill boost, so it will help you earn the C-bills for future mech purchases

#9 Turist0AT

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

Think twice before dropping money on this game. Its not the most competent developer out there. Just a friendly warning :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users