#1 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:53 AM

Our first thread contained the (expected) unruly responses. We've packed it up, given it to Superman, and he's on his way to the sun now. :)

Let's try again:

Please post questions you may have regarding MWO and #auniversetoexplore. Quality questions that show respect will be answered on Monday!
  • Please keep it civil, no swearing, insults, jabs, call outs, etc.
  • Personal opinions can be saved for a later date, only questions.
  • Be polite, avoid discussing the questions, as this creates a noisy thread.
This thread will be actively moderated to keep it focused and on track.

Here are some examples to help:
  • How does your new game impact the production of MWO?
  • Are you sharing resources (money, team members) between MWO and the new project?

#2 Dystar

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:57 AM

Wow that was quick. I just noticed this about 10 minutes ago and already the entire 12 page post got removed as I was reading it? Now, if only CW part 2 could come out as fast as this post moderation, we'd all be very happy campers :)

On a side note, this is the first time I"ve ever had a 'first' on a thread like this. However do the fact it is a 'redo' and what it's about, I"m not even thrilled enough to scream 'first'.

Edited by Dystar, 06 September 2014 - 07:05 AM.

#3 FrOdO

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted Image

#4 Jules Vernes

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 35 posts

Soooo...how DOES your new game impact the production of MWO?

#5 Ghost Rider LSOV

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 272 posts
  • LocationGreece

What guarantees us that MWO will continue to have improved development after Community Warfare and not be thrown into the backburner?

We have seen in the past, other companies doing the same thing and we are very alarmed now.

#6 Tavus von Stahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSmoking a Cigar in my Kodiak standing tall over the broken mechs of my foes

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:58 AM

Ok then first Question ^^
-How does your new game impact the production of MWO ? will MWO shutdown when your new Game is Released or not ?

#7 ELHImp

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:59 AM

Posted Image

#8 Molasses Fatts

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:02 AM

How soon can we buy founder packs for this new game?

#9 Better Call Saul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

• How does your new game impact the production of MWO?
  • Are you sharing resources (money, team members) between MWO and the new project?
Well how about some answers to these questions?

Edited by Better Call Saul, 06 September 2014 - 07:04 AM.

#10 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:05 AM

i only have one question...

-Will you be honest with us on this subject?

If we ask you "does this impact MWO development" you will say "No". if we ask you "are you sharing resources?" you will say "No". Im pretty sure you will say what we want to hear but will it be the truth? Its hard for us to believe you since we have supported the development of MWO and that develpment is lagging behind for 2 years now and here you are starting a brand new project.

So will you be honest with us? your community, your customers, your primary source of income?

Edited by VagGR, 06 September 2014 - 07:10 AM.

#11 Heydiddly

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 79 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

Can you reveal/hint at the source of funding for this (presumably a publisher, despite prevalent whining to the contrary)?

This would be a wise question to answer honestly for two reasons:

1) It would allay the fears of most (haters gonna hate) of those who assume it is MWO revenues (clans etc.). Simply saying "it's not, believe us" isn't enough, given your record and people's apparent inability to let go of their grudge and assess the situation as it is now.

2) I am curious. :)

Edited by Heydiddly, 06 September 2014 - 07:10 AM.

#12 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:07 AM

After the constant delays in providing MWO content (CW, maps, etc.), do you expect people coming to your new project will think content will be provided in a timely manner?

Why is investing in a market with multiple larger, better funded projects (Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous etc.) such a good decision for PGI?

#13 Chemie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

How many programmers/art team/assets have be redeployed to new game?

Have you really just hired >40 people for the new game leaving MWO untouched? (you said as much by saying the new game is bigger effort but that nothing has been taken from MWO)

Are these two games connected in any way?

How much of your time is being spent on new game vs MWO? How much of Russ? Niko? Karl?

Why do you have Niko create a thread and then just delete it? Is it true it was created as a honeypot to allow massive bans to weed out the "unwanted" prior to this being the one planned all along?

Why isn't PGI focused on "making the damn stompy robot game ever" for the next 10 years instead of apparently bailing on MWO?

Can you provide timeline for CW2 and CW3?
Can you provide timeline for 2015 developments? What's next for MWO?

How many people do you expect to be deployed on MWO in 2015? Up or down from 2014? 2013?

When Russ said PGI was hiring and implied it was for MWO, was it really for this new game?

If you are redeploying senior members of MWO to new game, can you explain how that won't affect your ability to finally deliver some form of CW?

Edited by Chemie, 07 September 2014 - 04:44 AM.

#14 Heydiddly

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 79 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

View PostVagGR, on 06 September 2014 - 07:05 AM, said:

i only have one question...

-Will you be honest with us on this subject?

If we ask you "does this impact MWO development" you will say "No". if we ask you "are you sharing resources?" you will say "No". Im pretty sure you will say what we want to hear but will it be the truth? Its hard for us believe you since we have supported the development of MWO and that develpment is lagging behind for 2 years now and here you are starting a brand new project.

So will you be honest with us? you community, you customers, your primary source of income?

Sorry, I know we've been encouraged not to discuss but this is a ridiculously loaded question. You ask if they will be honest, and then pretty much flat-out state that you won't believe them regardless...

#15 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:13 AM

Would you kindly answer a couple here please?

1) what kind of pay structure will it have?
b2p,sub,f2p? and if it will have a shop and the associated costs of it?

2) How far along in Dev are you? just starting,alph,close to launch?

3) depending on above is there a plan to crowdfund some money at all?

Thanks.

#16 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:13 AM

View PostHeydiddly, on 06 September 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

Sorry, I know we've been encouraged not to discuss but this is a ridiculously loaded question. You ask if they will be honest, and then pretty much flat-out state that you won't believe them regardless...

i said "its hard to believe". where you saw the flat out denial, i cant tell. Anyway lets follow the rules and not discuss this

#17 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:15 AM

I guess the one question everyone has:

1. How will this affect MWO moving forward?

2. And why now when MWO is finally getting traction again with CW finally coming?

#18 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:19 AM

• Does this game have anything to do with MW:O or the BattleTech series?
  • What are your future plans for MW:O after 2015, considering it is your signature game?
  • Do you plan to release server hosting software so the community can run our own servers after (or if) you shut MW:O down?
  • Do you plan on renewing your development license?
  • If not, what do you plan to do after it expires? (besides this game)

Edited by DavidHurricane, 06 September 2014 - 07:21 AM.

#19 Tekadept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

I believe i had a valid question that followed the OP rules, and its deleted, I will choose to believe it was done in error, so again

If push came to shove and you had to divert resources from one game to another which of the 2 above mentioned games would win out in the diversion of resources.

Edited by Tekadept, 06 September 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#20 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

How long has it been in development? With MWO you announced the game during the same time you began development. A lot of the planning stage might have been finished and on the drawing board. But it caused a lot of, soontm.

As we now know resources to a point are divided. Will you take some load off your teams and allow community mappers? Maybe a player council to test and help the community mappers debug their maps?

Even though AUTE will be PGI's 'Biggest' development yet. Will MWO still be your prime focus, or is it being shunted for your new project, and we get the short end of the shtick?

Will we be seeing a Clan Reinforcement Pack with a Mad Dog and Hellbringer? (I always have to ask)

Edited by CoffiNail, 07 September 2014 - 11:43 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users