So Is Mwo Considered Complete Now?

82 replies to this topic

#81 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:21 PM

View Postcazidin, on 25 October 2016 - 01:50 PM, said:

Over 2 years later and this question is still relevant. Do we truly have a complete game when mechpacks cost $20 and new ones are released every month, when the single-player component has been scrapped and the license could be lost in 2-4 years, when this game will likely be shut down forever?

A lot of work has happened since the OP was asked, most notably the framework of CW itself.

Also, the definition of "complete" is going to vary wildly from person to person. "Complete but crummy in my personal opinion" isn't the same as incomplete. "No skill tree like we were promised" isn't the same as incomplete. "Role warfare doesn't look like what I imagined" isn't the same as incomplete. "It's not MechWarrior without combined arms" isn't the same as complete.

In my personal opinion, the game is complete (in the sense that the features are there in some fashion) but disappointing. We need new gamemodes first and foremost, for we really only have three (Skirmish, Conquest, and Invasion) and the rest of them play like Skirmish. Role and information warfare are shallow, largely because of the gamemodes. CW is shallow; it's not the galactic game of Risk some imagined, but just a new gamemode with manual matchmaking.

But when you're asking "complete", what you're really asking is, "Are they about to stop development?" and I've got no reason to think they are. Right now a new QP gamemode and a new CW push, with AI and a skill tree revamp set for 2017.

#82 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:29 PM

Let's see.

We don't have vehicles to pound on.

We are not dodging space fighters.

Lots of Mechs to be played.

Lots of potential maps.

I would have to say....NO FREAKING WAY.

#83 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:04 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 25 October 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Let's see.

We don't have vehicles to pound on.

We are not dodging space fighters.

Lots of Mechs to be played.

Lots of potential maps.

I would have to say....NO FREAKING WAY.

How many more mechpacks must we buy before we get singleplayer? Would PGI be tone deaf enough to release single-player as a separate game that you got to pay $40-60 for?

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users