• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostKyrie, on 20 January 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

In that sense, my greatest fear is two-fold:

1) PGI-IGP missed the boat on harnessing the hardcore players we had back then to make a truly epic CW experience
2) The current audience (and future steam audience) just might not care.
Your fear is not unfounded, as I share it, and I've read it all across these forums, as I know you have. Going to Steam will be a huge boon for PGI, and MWO as a result, but it will introduce more of the same population that already exists, here. Unless CW Phase 3 is something spectacular -and, understand this when I tell you that everything... EVERYTHING... PGI has put out, though it's moving forward, is either something that is backwards, out of sequence, or whatever, but it's all UNDERwhelming-, you will likely see the last of me once PGI goes to Steam. This is not histrionics, this is not a flap, this is the fact that Steam is a **** platform that puts so much garbage on each computer it touches, and every time I've allowed my sons to put it on their computers, EVERY SINGLE TIME, within six months, I'm reloading those computers. Nearly two years ago, they decided to stop using Steam, because I was able to PROVE to them what Steam puts on machines.

I told my people in Zombie Korps/Armageddon Unlimited that I would be on tonight, and the game is already updated for today's patch, but I don't want to log into the game. I've been off a week-and-a-half, and it's been a weight off my shoulders, and I'm really sort of dreading logging on in the next 20 minutes or so. A computer game should not be a source of stress, unless it's the good kind of stress, and being as intimately familiar with the problems of MWO as I am, when I log in I don't have fun with the game, anymore, because of the crap it's been turned into.

I need to stop, because I can't tell whether I'm turning sad or really really mad.

#362 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:19 PM

I mean this in the nicest possible way, Kay, but sheesh, go away for a while. You are just dripping with angst, and it is depressing even from across a computer.

I am quite happy with where the game is going. You may not like it, but this is the best MechWarrior game in a very, very long time, and has gotten exponentially better since CW came out. Yes, it has a long ways to go, and I cannot wait for logistics to finally be in place, but this is a solid game and a great community, both of which are growing.

I am worried about the whole Steam thing, as I have had the same experience as you with my kids, but I am not going to worry about that until it happens. If it ruins everything, at least I will have had a ton of fun up to that point, and that is really what matters.

tl;dr if you are not happy, stop playing and find something else to do with your time

#363 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

I did. I just finished Shadowrun: Returns, and I already have Dragonfall, though I don't intend to start that until after I'm done setting a synopsis for the latest chapter of my Warhammer FRP story. Need I go on; I can do multiple things, y'know.

The problem is that I was hoping we could actually see what the devs told us we would see...

I played four drops tonight, no CW, yet, and... (shrugs)

#364 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:31 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 20 January 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

snip

Kay Wolf, I'm adding the "quote" mostly to just say I'm replying to several of your recent posts ... your generalizations about "the community" are staggering. I agree with you on some points ... especially that they've diverged from their original vision, but I disagree that they're heading in completely the wrong direction. While there are some that I play with that feel similarly to the way you do, most do not ... and most are paying customers that keep coming back in spite of the shortfalls. That's the part of community that I know. While changes aren't coming as quickly as we'd like, the game is getting better much faster than this time last year. Most of the community I know are willing to give PGI the benefit of the doubt for the foreseeable future.

#365 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:33 AM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 21 January 2015 - 12:31 AM, said:

While there are some that I play with that feel similarly to the way you do, most do not ... and most are paying customers that keep coming back in spite of the shortfalls.
Imagine how many more of them would be here, and satisfied, had PGI done what they said they were going to do.

Most of the community I know are willing to give PGI the benefit of the doubt for the foreseeable future.
That's them, and that's fine for them, but I've been here from the beginning, and I think my bullshit meter is so completely pegged out, finally, that I'm not sure I can, anymore. Look, I've repeatedly corrected people about the use of the word "promise", that PGI never "promised" anything to us, but that does not automatically preclude the use of the word "lie". We have been lied to over and over and over again, the game plan has changed so many times, to the point where I can't stand to read any more lies. It's not just that PGI have failed to fulfill much of their original plan, or even MUCH OF ANYTHING up to late-September 2012, when this game launched, they are so far off the path they started on, they are lost in the desert.

#366 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:59 AM

What you need to do, though, is stop living in the past. If you had NOT been playing back when IGP was involved, and all sorts of things were ****** up, would you feel the same way about the game as it has been since they were dropped? If you are honest, which I think you are, you would not.

It has been well documented how poorly things where handled "back then". Get over it. That was then, this is now. Consider this a completely different game, by a completely different company, and enjoy it for what MWO IS, not what MW5 could have been.

I still reference your units great roleplaying systems, with the awards and vast documentation on how your unit works, and I know that is primarily your hard work, so I think it would be a detriment to the community to lose that, but what would be even worse is to have it corrupted and charred beyond recognition by your currently-horrible attitude toward the game. The only one that can fix that, though, is you.

#367 Skollevolle Secound Line Star 2

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDropship 'Aljosha'

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:58 AM

Whell theres billion things to do. but I like to sugest that the most think to do next time is REMOVAL OF TIME LIMIT then introduction of REPAIR SYSTEM and ofcourse if enybody have time then make some 277 new maps then one shoude have some start.

#368 Tiyos

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:30 PM

It's funny to look back on this and see through all the BullSh*t

#369 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:16 PM

View Posttiyos1017, on 25 May 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

It's funny to look back on this and see through all the BullSh*t

Yeah, PGI has tanked so hard since the publisher left.

Oh no wait, the game has only gotten better, slowly but surely.

#370 The Hatred of Life

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:29 PM

Russ,

Russ, that's just hunky doory...

Now, open up a mech to full build options according to the battlemech handbook/manual(manual?).

what I mean to say is let us assign our own hardpoints or at least be able to actually buy the option. And send the Rhino's a 45% commission on the endlessly glorious profits that you reap from listening to my advice....

HAHA

Ryan(HutchRed)(The Hatred of LIfe)

#371 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:58 PM

The Rescaling was .not what im hoping-making the Catapult ,Jäger,Thunderbolt and Locust smaller is a good way ,to bring it more to the Loresize , make other Mechs (many Lights ,75t Heavys and Assaults) bigger is a Fail

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users