Pack Your Bags

26 replies to this topic

#1 ZealotTheFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:36 PM

They will milk this game to the last drop of milk out of the last ***, or money out of the uninformed. Game is going down and alot of us knew it would from the first lie. Titantic is nothing to the worlds view of PGI.

Edited by ZealotTheFallen, 08 September 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#2 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

Posted Image

#3 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

Think I ran out of aluminum foil to give to y'all.

#4 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:42 PM

Posted Image

#5 ZealotTheFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

You all joke, for many that still stick around, this game is exactly like closed beta. Only thing they did was continually sale mechs and all their cool stuff for them. Look around, you all are totally naive, they have just been getting as much money as they can without actually making a game that will last. White Knights or just plain dumb, PGI will never complete or make a game that will last for any length of time, to ever be recognized as a legit Gaming company. No one will remember them in 10 years thats a fact, except for Fraud.

Edited by ZealotTheFallen, 08 September 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#6 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

Wanted to try out the game again after taking a hiatus. Attempted to download the game install and it became sooooo much of a headache that it turned me off from wanting to play the game.

I had hoped this company would have handled the little inconsistencies such as this and improve, I see my original reason for leaving the game still holds true.

#7 Turist0AT

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

lol no one is disagreeing with you Zealot

#8 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostZealotTheFallen, on 08 September 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

You all joke, for many that still stick around, this game is exactly like closed beta. Only thing they did was continually sale mechs and all their cool dtuff for them. Look around, you all are totally naive, they have just been getting as much money as they can withiut actually making a game that will last. White Knights or just plain dumb, PGI will never complete or make a game that will last for any length of time to ever be recognized as a legit Gaming company. No one will remeber them in 10 years thats a fact, except for Fraud.

this game is nothing like closed beta. i could see in closed beta. me playing good mattered in closed beta because of 8v8. those 2 simple facts made the game alot better

#9 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

Cant you go complain in reddit or something. Your post is in no way constructive or even interesting. Sorry I just get so tired of this stuff.

Might be harsh but if you 100% believe you are on a sinking ship then why not go to another ship? Since this is just a game its not like you have to try and save people. Go do something fun for you instead of just spreading nonsense here.

Posted Image

#10 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostTurist0AT, on 08 September 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

lol no one is disagreeing with you Zealot

I am.

#11 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:01 PM

This is promising - depending on your point of view:
http://mwomercs.com/...ux-infinis-igp/

It's with great excitement that I share with you that Piranha Games Inc. has reached a deal with Infinite Game Publishing for the return of all MWO publishing rights to PGI as of September 1st 2014. Over the past three years Piranha enjoyed a good working relationship with IGP. From the beginning IGP brought passion and dedication to the MechWarrior brand and had many employees that were completely dedicated to the products success. However it can still be very difficult at times to make the corporate needs and strategies of two companies align, for this reason we were able to come to agreement with IGP for all publishing, marketing and hosting responsibilities to move to Piranha. With these responsibilities now here, everything from design, development, marketing and control of hosting resides within Piranha's offices. It is our expectation that this will lead to much more efficient development and marketing of the product. Although we just signed the deal at the end of Aug, we have been operating under this model since the beginning of August, this is reflected in the increased community efforts and updates over the last five weeks. This, along with the marketing efforts of the many events and faction based sales. This is a good example of how efficiently things can be with all facets within the same office space, were committed to continuing this efficiency throughout the entire project.

#12 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

Don't derail a good conspiracy rant with useful or rational info. I'm hoping for a couple more entertaining meme pics before the lock.

#13 Kyzar Kon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 08 September 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

This is promising - depending on your point of view:
http://mwomercs.com/...ux-infinis-igp/

As the morbidly fat parasite bids its farewells to a malnourished sickly corpse.

P.S. I think Its a good thing BTW.

Edited by Kaiser R Metzger, 08 September 2014 - 03:18 PM.

#14 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:24 PM

This thread, like all the other "MWO is dead/dying" threads, belongs in K-town where it can be made better.

#15 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostZealotTheFallen, on 08 September 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

They will milk this game to the last drop of milk out of the last ***, or money out of the uninformed. Game is going down and alot of us knew it would from the first lie. Titantic is nothing to the worlds view of PGI.

#16 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

Woot! In before the lock and jettison of yet another ridiculous thread.

Seriously, if you don't like the game, don't play it, and go away. I find this obsessive need to try to "teach" those of us who do love the game why we're wrong baffling.

#17 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

Posted Image

#18 PANZERKAT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

#19 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostZealotTheFallen, on 08 September 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

You all joke, for many that still stick around, this game is exactly like closed beta. Only thing they did was continually sale mechs and all their cool stuff for them. Look around, you all are totally naive, they have just been getting as much money as they can without actually making a game that will last. White Knights or just plain dumb, PGI will never complete or make a game that will last for any length of time, to ever be recognized as a legit Gaming company. No one will remember them in 10 years thats a fact, except for Fraud.

This is something I've been saying for a while now. This is an incomplete game. It STILL plays like most games do in beta. 80% of the focus is on sales and making money, not content. I've said it about 15 times and I'll keep saying it. I've seen mod teams working for free work MUCH faster and much better then these guys do for money.

Also should it not have been obvious to EVERYONE that these guys are on a milk run when you can buy A FULL game for the price of 1 mech. A pack of models for hundreds of dollars.... I still can't believe people actually pay for this.

MWO's been a milk run, it was and to some extent still is fun to play, but its only purpose ever was to make money with a barely functional game with minimum content and nothing else.

I can't believe people try to defend this. You love the game - great, but don't delude yourself about the developers MO. It's been clear now, after a couple of years, what the name of the game is for these guys. Its also been clear you will never get anything close to a full game. I've not paid a cent for this game. Beta tests are usually free.

Edited by Louis Brofist, 08 September 2014 - 03:58 PM.

#20 PANZERKAT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

They already got their money a few times. No need to produce a full and functional game. Take away the incentive....efficiency vanishes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users