Is Crit Rate Based On Mm?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:35 PM

Are the chances of critting based on whether you're expected to win a match or not.

Reason I ask i because seeing a yellow CT Jager getting 1 shot with a medium laser while that same Jager hits a Dragon in his dark orange CT with an AC/20 and it only turns it red. It seems pretty common too as a Grey CT Victor gets blown up by 2 ER mediums from a Nova which has a red CT that's getting pounded with dual large lasers and not blowing up.

#2 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:11 PM

no

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:16 PM

This is totally another level of tin-foilness.

#4 Erronius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:35 PM

If you put JJ in your CT there's a chance it will absorb all of its health in damage from a hit before it ignites and shoots out of the back of the mech. Upside: that JJ just soaked a lot of damage, Downside: you just lost that JJ and have to buy another one to replace it in the mechlab.

Another weird thing is that you can't see the JJ flying off in a random direction unless you have your graphics settings maxed.

#5 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:43 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 08 September 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

This is totally another level of tin-foilness.

Posted Image

View PostGraugger, on 08 September 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

Are the chances of critting based on whether you're expected to win a match or not.

Reason I ask i because seeing a yellow CT Jager getting 1 shot with a medium laser while that same Jager hits a Dragon in his dark orange CT with an AC/20 and it only turns it red. It seems pretty common too as a Grey CT Victor gets blown up by 2 ER mediums from a Nova which has a red CT that's getting pounded with dual large lasers and not blowing up.

Posted Image

wait... maybe hes onto something... maybe THAT is what Teir-up figured out and why he was so effective!!.....

Posted Image

#6 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:00 PM

I'm one of those OP Lynx pilots who wins entire matches singlehandedly against totally pro assault 'mechs because it's literally impossible for assault 'mechs to defend themselves in any way at all (this game is ridiculously balanced to favor Mist Lynxes)... and I can confirm that crit rates do not change like that. ;)

#7 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:09 PM

View Postmistlynx4life, on 07 May 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

I'm one of those OP Lynx pilots who wins entire matches singlehandedly against totally pro assault 'mechs because it's literally impossible for assault 'mechs to defend themselves in any way at all (this game is ridiculously balanced to favor Mist Lynxes)... and I can confirm that crit rates do not change like that. Posted Image

ahem..
Posted Image

you're welcome. ;)

#8 BurningDesire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:25 AM

hate to say it but you all seem to have failed to noticed the OP is from 2014!!!

#9 neofightr

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:55 AM

ROFL talk about the ultimate troll from the grave.

#10 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:06 AM

View PostBurningDesire, on 08 May 2018 - 01:25 AM, said:

hate to say it but you all seem to have failed to noticed the OP is from 2014!!!

So, we've been blind to it for four long years, but the truth has been finally unfolded thanks to some necromancy.

#11 Anastasius Foht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:13 AM

More its affected by lvl of Anti-crit they take from Ham skill tree

#12 eminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 604 posts