Wave 2 Speculation

196 replies to this topic

#41 Seeker Kirov

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

View PostPanthros, on 08 September 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

I included top speed on the light and medium as I think that is lacking compared to Inner Sphere mechs and these will work nicely to combat those faster mechs.

Don't forget the Gargoyle's speed. 86kph on an Assault 'Mech. The thing has as 400XL in it - granted the armor and pod space reflect this speed as well, but even an under-gunned Assault 'Mech at 86kph is something with which to be reckoned.

View PostHawk819, on 09 September 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

These `Mechs were seen during Operation Revival aka the Clan Invasion and fit the current timeline.

I think how far they reach into REVIVAL will be an early indication of how much Russ is willing to flex on the timeline, which he was hinting at last night. The Cauldron-Born is listed as going into full production in 3049, but not first encountered until the Battle of Luthien. That was 3052, towards the end of the invasion. If we take the Wave 2 name that Russ gave very literally, that is May and June of 3050.

Posted Image

Edited by August Immanuel, 09 September 2014 - 08:25 AM.

#42 Hagoromo Gitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconic Combine, outscirts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

Nice, bunch of a Clancrap and still IS gonna lack of KingCrab, Zeus, Pillager and Devastator and weapons such as Binary Laser Cannon..

O7 plans, hope they've being knocked-off by lorry. :angry:

Edited by Hagoromo Gitsune, 09 September 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#43 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

View PostHagoromo Gitsune, on 09 September 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

Nice, bunch of a Clancrap and still IS gonna lack of KingCrab, Zeus, Pillager and Devastator and weapons such as Binary Laser Cannon..

And Arrow IV, and the Naga.

Besides, the binary laser cannon does not seem to be such a great weapon..

#44 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

Ebon jaguar (cauldron-born) first encountered battle of luthien. 3051. Two years from now. Along with huntsman (nibori-nin).

#45 Hagoromo Gitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 09 September 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

And Arrow IV, and the Naga.

Besides, the binary laser cannon does not seem to be such a great weapon..

Let's take a look on "Blazer" from MWO side...

Heat/Damage - 16(dual fused LL cores so it means the sum of two LL's damage) by the Lore, like a PPC but with LL range, 9 tons and 4 critical slots'. Yes, probably the most ghostheat affected energy weapons of all times. But with 0,8-1 second projection time and delivering 16 damage in a single beam is beter when than usage of 2xLL's due heat penalty. Yap, the gross weight and 4 critical slots will probably triggers a total revise on most brawler configs, but than IS finaly will get a nice "gun" to strike back oncomming Clans. It still not easy in use due carefull heat management and DHS's who actually not vaporizing 2 points of heat instead of a current 1,4. So, it's more than balanced... but, in MWO LL's got 9 points of damage, not like Lore's 8, so it means... BLC got 18 damage against 14 heat. Because BLC fires two Large Laser cores, each core does 9 damagen and fused together in a single beam it's gonna make 18 damage, but in MWO Large Laser got only 7 heat, so we got 14 points of heat in heat output of BLC. All that with a range of Large Laser... more than nice to have that "gun"for IS.

It just MUST BE added.

So tech specification of Binary Laser Cannon by TT/Sarna Lore is:

Damage - 16
Heat - 16
Range max. - 1100 metres
Range effective - 500 metres
Weight - 9 tons
Displacement - 4 critical slots
Battle value - 2/2.22

Tech specification of Binary Laser Cannon by MWO according to dual fused Large Laser core stats will be:

Damage - 18
Heat - 14
Range max. - 900/1000 metres
Range effective - 450 metres
Weigh - 9 tons
Displacement - 4 critical slots
Battle value - 2,3/2,5

Edited by Hagoromo Gitsune, 09 September 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#46 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

You still have a long enough beam duration to spread the damage, and that woud be pretty hot. Its weight means that you will lose precious weapons..

#47 Stormwolfe13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 120 posts
  • LocationJersey Strong

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

Was it specifically stated by PGI that non-omni 'mechs would be excluded?

Edited by Stormwolfe13, 09 September 2014 - 09:43 AM.

#48 deputydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 406 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

I thought I heard Russ mutter no Kodiak yet..
Cauldron Born might be the Heavy.

Im wondering what happens in CW when I have just a couple clan mechs and mostly IS.. will I never get to use my clan or can I hop back and forth into matches if Im set to merc unit...

#49 Hagoromo Gitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 09 September 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

You still have a long enough beam duration to spread the damage, and that woud be pretty hot. Its weight means that you will lose precious weapons..

About Binnary Laser Cannon and game balance...

Exactly, BLC is heavy limited by heat and weight. Cause in MWO realm it will probably'll be with stats like 18 DGM on 15 Heat of ERPPC with a range of single PPC but without "dead range". Which means that firing even one in extensive battle can set mech into shutdown cause of rapid heat spike. Probably there'll be some players trying to boeat BLC but it's like ERPPC, firing more than 2 is a short way to be owned. In MWO there is just few mechs who can actually use combo of dual mounted BLC with any other weapon, and all they are mostly assaults. The only few mechs who can have powerfull combo's using dual maunts of BLC plus some balistics like such builds as 2xGauss+2xBLC or AC40+2xBLC, or even 2xHGauss+2xBLC are only KingCrab-010, Pillager-1N, Devastator. None of them we have yet.
Yap, when KGC-010 or PLG-1N comes out there will be such builds as AC40+2xBLC used around with moto: - "Daishi, darling I came home!"
But, until that is one of the most balanced big guns with limited use and actually not for randy plebs. Perfectly fits a game balance.

Posted Image

You know how it feels driving a 100 ton monster with dual HGauss or AC20 JumpJets and ECM. Human food...

Edited by Hagoromo Gitsune, 09 September 2014 - 10:20 AM.

#50 Jeon Ji Yoon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 09 September 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

The Kodiak is out of the picture, as is every other non-omni 'Mech.

My bet is on the Executioner, Mad Dog, Shadowcat and Fire Moth.

The Shadowcat is awesome but it really came only at the end of the invasion and with the sales/events they've been setting up the beginning of the invasion so I doubt they'll give us it.

I'd prefer the Viper of the Ice Ferret anyway (we need fast clan mechs). Also, I'd rather have the Gargoyle over the Executioner. But otherwise I agree, the Mad Dog is such a staple of BT and not to be mean to the Myst Lynx but nobody ever even used it in BT (at least in my groups) so I'm more attached to the Fire Moth.

Sadly, unless the preorder period goes past Christmas, I probably won't be able to afford any of them ;_;

oh, and for the bonus I hope its a IS mech! Like the Mauler or the Flashman.

Edited by Jeon Ji Yoon, 09 September 2014 - 10:10 AM.

#51 Jeon Ji Yoon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostHagoromo Gitsune, on 09 September 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

About Binnary Laser Cannon and game balance...

Exactly, BLC is heavy limited by heat and weight. Cause in MWO realm it will probably'll be with stats like 18 DGM on 15 Heat of ERPPC with a range of single PPC but without "dead range". Which means that firing even one in extensive battle can set mech into shutdown cause of rapid heat spike. Probably there'll be some players trying to boeat BLC but it's like ERPPC, firing more than 2 is a short way to be owned. In MWO there is just few mechs who can actually use combo of dual mounted BLC with any other weapon, and all they are mostly assaults. The only few mechs who can have powerfull combo's using dual maunts of BLC plus some balistics like such builds as 2xGauss+2xBLC or AC40+2xBLC, or even 2xHGauss+2xBLC are only KingCrab-010, Pillager-1N, Devastator. None of them we have yet.
Yap, when KGC-010 or PLG-1N comes out there will be such builds as AC40+2xBLC used around with moto: - "Daishi, darling I came home!"
But, until that is one of the most balanced big guns with limited use and actually not for randy plebs. Perfectly fits a game balance.

Posted Image

You know hot it feels driving a 100 ton monster with dual HGauss or AC20 JumpJets and ECM. Human food...

OMG the Blazer!

#52 HANGMAN1962

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 277 posts
  • Locationnew hampshire usa

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:12 AM

I'm betting the mad dog is the 5th/bonus mech guys 9-]

#53 Hagoromo Gitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostJeon Ji Yoon, on 09 September 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

OMG the Blazer!

This as a MOTO shuold be written on my 733C! :lol: :ph34r:

#54 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

As I said in a previous post, my bet goes to the mechs than can offer some kind of part recycling, justifying even more the investment, minimizing production costs and handing more value to the community by throwing in some free stuff.

Light mech: Mist Lynx (the logical choice, and it will in the future donate parts to the Fire Moth when MASC is released)
Medium mech: Viper (reusing a big part of the already done Nova)
Heavy: Vulture (reusing part of the Timber Wolf)
Assault: Executioner/Gargoyle (either can supply the legs to the other, so it's a good bet)

Bonus: Hellbringer (reusing part of the already done Summoner)

#55 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

Either way folks, here is what's going to happen: 2nd wave is going to be released, and we all know that either way, the vulture and the Hellbringer (Loki) is going to be in there. I mean, since the clan mechs and even before, people from many posts wanted these 2 mechs! What is not going to be in that wave: MASC, as well as the mechs that have MASC. Hopefully they'll have that at another point in time, preferably a couple months after the 2nd wave.

#56 Verbrand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

Heavies are a certainty, Mad Dog (Vulture) and Hellbringer (Loki) and I would guess the Hellbringer as the standard one and the Mad Dog as the bonus one.

As for the medium, the dragonfly looks a bit like a Nova so they could recycle legs with that and it would definitely fit in with the look of the clans so far. It could easily be the Ice Ferret (Fenris) though. Russ already said it was not the Shadowcat.

Assaults, Russ said it would not be the kodiak this time. I'd expect the Gargoyle but it sure as hell needs a good looking over by Flying Debris.

Lights I am less certain on, probably the mist lynx though.

#57 Valensoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationReady Aim Fire

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:16 PM

may I SUGGEST the Omni Mech 65 ton Crossbow mech with 86mph speed if we are to have second wave

#58 Valensoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationReady Aim Fire

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

or Caesar mech

#59 johntherussian

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:10 PM

So PGI will add new clan mechs, and they are making a new Star Citizen rip-off, yet cant be bothered to make any actual playable content for this game.

#60 FearNotDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:12 PM

Could always just add Masc later on like ECM on the atlas. Would give more choices for what to pick. Mad dog please.

Edited by FearNotDeath, 09 September 2014 - 02:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users