hmmmm.... So .... Firefly copy.

#23 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:31 PM

Meh..... Insteresting but I am already vested in Star Citizen.

Now, if they were to make the space portion of the battletech universe... THEN we'd be talkin. :)

#24 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

I feel...underwhelmed...

It looks like they tried to make a gritty version of Star Trek Online. I might be more excited if the website was working...

#25 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostBalsover, on 09 September 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Looks like they are trying to compete with Star Citizen and Elite. Open ended space universe.

I cant understand that, I just can't. It looks so dumb to do this. These games are already funded and in production, how PGI expect for people to be interested in the crowdfunding of yet another spacesim? Can someone explain it to me?

#26 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

Man i knew this would be funny but I didn't expect it to be so SAD and FUNNY.
The Bell Curve requires losers.

#27 Balsover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostViges, on 09 September 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

I cant understand that, I just can't. It looks so dumb to do this. These games are already funded and in production, how PGI expect for people to be interested in the crowdfunding of yet another spacesim? Can someone explain it to me?

Because 6 months ago they saw how much Star Citizen has made. So they threw together a CGI trailer, and figured, we'll design the rest after the millions start rolling in.

#28 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

Wow, the first and only stretch goal set at 1.000.000 ... and that's to make spaceships fly? ^^

#29 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

OMG they really decided to make a space sim, now I know this new project is only going to suck resources out of PGI.

#30 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

Is it just me or does this just look like an EVE knockoff? (Note: never played EVE)

#31 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostBalsover, on 09 September 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Because 6 months ago they saw how much Star Citizen has made. So they threw together a CGI trailer, and figured, we'll design the rest after the millions start rolling in.

That makes no sense, right? Seriously, they are investing money into this, its not some crazy balance changes, do they really think they can find enough people to support this?

Edited by Viges, 09 September 2014 - 12:45 PM.

#32 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:50 PM

Here's the link if you didn't see it yet. I can officially say that I am incredibly worried about this new game. Looking at the surface it's yet another spaceship game. We already have a lot of popular spaceship games, how in the world are they going to advertise it in a way to make people interested in this specific game?
That's even before we start going into gameplay. This game is going to have to rely heavily on making the gameplay interesting/unique. I look forward to seeing how the game turns out. I don't really look into spaceship games, the last ones I played were on my old Windows 98 computer Forced Alliance (while very fun, and you had to think about the future, it's primarily a single player game), some star trek game (for only a couple hours). Reguardless, I hear about spaceship games all the time, and they usually have similar core gameplay anyways when I watch gameplay videos. Not as abundant as Generic shooters, but there's still a ton of games for spaceship combat.

I hope they know what they are doing. I mean right now I'm just picturing the game as spaceship combat + exploration with a hint of randomly generated worlds like Starbound. While good and all, I'm hoping for something more.
Whatever the case maybe, I will wait for it to come out. Sometimes just looking at something, even gameplay videos you will not get the whole picture of what you are seeing, so I'll have to try it myself.

Edited by Keeshu, 09 September 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#33 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

All I wonder is if they won't reach their goal of 1M, say stop at 400K.... will suddenly 600K magically appear from nowhere, and of course not a chance it comes from MWO?

#34 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 09 September 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Is it just me or does this just look like an EVE knockoff? (Note: never played EVE)

Since it seems to only be a playerdriven sandbox kind of game, yeah EVE is the first that comes to mind.

#35 Henree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:01 PM

I think parting with igp was a great move but this....

x4 afterbirth made by Derek Smart is what I thought.
I will be playing Elite Dangerous I think, it even has oculus rift support

Edited by Henri Schoots, 09 September 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#36 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:13 PM

http://www.transvers....com/about/game

Upon looking into things more. While I have only watched a friend play EvE from time to time and listen to him explain half the game to me, this new game seems like EvE, but removes 2 main things that I ******* despise about EvE.
#1 EvE was basically "click to start orbiting + autoshooting" combat. Boring as hell to watch fights, I can't imagine playing it being any fun.
#2 EvE was pay to play, which is a dealbreaker for any game because that means I can't just drag some friends to play the game. I mean we don't know that this new game is pay to play or not, but chances are it will be free to play like every game that's coming out now.

While I'm addicted to MWO and will never leave it, I would like to play this new game from time to time based on what I'm seeing. I'm much more confident about this new game now. I hope it does well.

Edit:
I wonder how much self defense the non-combat roles will have. I just wanna know if I can screw over some combat class if they are really really really poor pilots. :P
The professions I'm interested in:
PMC, Privateer, Mercenary, Bounty Hunter/Assassin,
Scientist , Explorer
Scavenger, Smuggler, Spy

Edited by Keeshu, 09 September 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#37 SkanMan

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:04 PM

Same process of making MWO except this time for an original title. The way I see it....possible theories
1) MWO will be transfered into a subsidiary company. If MWO fails , they file for bankruptcy while the parent company(PGI) remains safe. If MWO continues to make money with minimal resources , then good on them. Just continue to expect slow progress.
2) MWO might be sold off to another studio once it is no longer profitable (not worth paying profits to Microsoft and the fans no longer fund the game).

Just thinking from a business perspective. Risks involved..solutions above. What do you guys think ?

Edited by SkanMan, 09 September 2014 - 11:05 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users