An Apology To Niko

13 replies to this topic

#1 CoatHanger

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

Hello Niko

Regarding your commentary here, in which you state:

I apologize personally and sincerely from the bottom of my heart for anyone who has taken this matter as a personal offence

I am deeply ashamed for being sufficiently offended that you felt the need to apologize for our offense. My actions in taking issue with your handling of both the Reddit situation and these forums specifically were certainly not an appropriate response to the frustrating situation that you created. It was certainly not my intention to cause you any personal distress or humiliation by virtue of the fact that I was offended.

I am sure that the community as a whole, and in particular the large gathering of Founders who have not posted or had presence on these forums for many months or even years following the astonishing crackdown in attempts to offer constructive criticism over the game, feel similarly devastated by the need to force an apology from you, for our hurt feelings.

While it's not an excuse for my shocking behavior, I would hope that some measure of understanding and forgiveness of my actions (specifically: being offended) could be found when viewed in the perspective of someone who pledged a silly amount of money for a game only to be told that the feedback and suggestions that I and my fellow backers offered were unwanted. The rose-colored glasses of being a crowdfunder of a game that found the original promise deeply lacking and ultimately hurting a much-loved franchise clearly tainted my judgement on this matter.

Again, I apologize for forcing you to apologize for my offense. It is my sincere hope that forgiveness can be found and that together this community can move forward towards whatever bigger and better crowdfunding scheme comes along.

Je suis désolé, monsieur.

#2 Rhaegor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, USA

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

I apologize for supporting this game.

#3 FireSight

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:00 PM

I apologize for believing that the developers of this game were actually fans of battletech rather than the devout worshipers of the bottom line that they truly are.

#4 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:02 PM

Literally the most Canadian thing I have ever seen.

#5 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

View PostRhaegor, on 11 September 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

I apologize for supporting this game.

View PostFireSight, on 11 September 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

I apologize for believing that the developers of this game were actually fans of battletech rather than the devout worshipers of the bottom line that they truly are.

These, my dear children, are the more detrimental assets of MW:O.

#6 Kazvall

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

I, too, apologize at taking offense. It must have caused you great sadness to have your sensibilities questions. I will try to go back to being the silent majority this game needs and wants.

#7 Bludhawk

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:31 PM

I apologize for returning to these forums. I should have specifically asked Niko Snow for permission to bring my ideas and opinions to light. All is not lost, however, because at least PGI can [color=#FFFFFF]SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, AND WITH NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND TO YOU.[/color]

Thankyou PGI for keeping your forums safe from scary ideas.

#8 CrashieJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:43 PM

I apologize for thinking that PGI would make a great game on time with fantastic results, and that the community would become involved more so than walking wallets.

so in short...
Posted Image

#9 Valore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

I'm sorry for being so offended, that it managed to coerce Niko into making what must be the most passive-aggressive apology I've ever read.

It's not Niko's fault the game is making so many people angry. However, when faced with a fire, one has two options: try to douse it, or 'BURN, BABY, BURN'.

I believe Niko's job was to pick the former option. Unfortunately, he has neither the inclination, nor the talent, and also appears to be a closet pyromaniac.

#10 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 11 September 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

These, my dear children, are the more detrimental assets of MW:O.

I'm sorry you think that, sir.

They are a product of their upbringing, filled with many stern blows and sterner words from the ones they looked up to like mother and father.

Pity on the orphaned island child, wild and without a good hand to tame the thorny roses.

#11 Titus Pullo XIII

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationNova Roma

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

John 3:16

#12 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

View Postwanderer, on 11 September 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

I'm sorry you think that, sir.

They are a product of their upbringing, filled with many stern blows and sterner words from the ones they looked up to like mother and father.

Pity on the orphaned island child, wild and without a good hand to tame the thorny roses.

Your point? They still make those posts.

Your past doesn't matter. You have free will. You choose to be a good asset or a bad asset.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 11 September 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#13 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 11 September 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

Your point? They still make those posts.

Your past doesn't matter. You have free will. You choose to be a good asset or a bad asset.

And so does PGI. Abuse and abused, and there will be nothing to break the cycle from this side. The Reddit thread? That's how much they've tossed out in the process of breaking the game.

This is the game of the grabdeal. And common sense will reside in it's dank home of K-town until the game is ended.

#14 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:05 AM

i apologize for getting duped $450 times...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users