Posted Image

Posted Image

#62 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

I have nothing bad to say about the new game. It looks good.

Good luck and hopefully they will find it to be a success.
Just be sure not to short my Mech game is all I ask.

#63 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:20 PM

That's my main thing too. It looks good.
They put a lot of work into that trailer. The kind of work that if they put a hint of that kind of work into MWO...would make MWO look decent again.

But in comparison.. MWO looks extremely uninspired. The graphics and animation deterioration between closed beta and now is...disturbing.

I'd hate to see it get any worse.

Those animations of the cockpit, those graphics.

....these animations, these graphics.

Did the Hunchback become a hobbling penguin?

#64 Runs With Scissors

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

View PostWM Dirges, on 09 September 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

So much sour grapes here, it is pathetic. Look, I could not care less about a space dogfighting sim, whether it be star citizen or any of the others, but lambasting pgi about a new project is pretty childish.

the only beef I have with this new project is that there's no refund if it dosent make goal like on kickstarter.

otherwise im loving this. Have you been to the forums there? Hilarious!

#65 Illegal Username

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:03 PM

The ship designs are a ripoff from other games, the new website is a tour de force of bad design...

A Whole New Universe of Incompetence

#66 GreyWolfAlpha

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:04 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 09 September 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

Considering we've only seen one piece of art so far its kinda wrong to make assumptions about what it is or isn't. After all could one say Star Citizen is just a rip off of Freespace or EVE or whatever? Probably not, so best to wait for more info.

All I can say to PGI is good luck, I'm not going to be interested in this new game no matter what it turns out to be anyway and only hope the attention paid to this new game doesn't mean MWO can't become better and more fun to play than its been lately.

It's not just "One" piece of art. PGI's two "Signature" ships shown in their blatant ripoff of Star Citizen are an almost exact copy of Robert Space Industries "Cutlass" Design and the Four Horsemans Next Great Starship Winning design "The Redeemer". PGI saw how successful RSI was with their player backed support and just want an easy payday.

They Stole two designs directly from Star Citizen. Hell the fact that the second design was stolen from the Four Horseman team after they won The Next Great Starship competition is just plain Plagiarism. There is no amount of "info" that can justify this. Placed on top of that is the fact that the "Backer" system they are using isn't Kickstarter, so any money that they are able to con out of people, they get to keep.

IF they had come up with original designs, then Maybe I would look into it. I would never back them again, but at least I would keep an eye out for it. But to just steal from another company and try and pass it off as your own....last I checked, people go to jail for that.

Edited by GreyWolfAlpha, 09 September 2014 - 10:16 PM.

#67 Illegal Username

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

One thing i love about the Transverse page:
http://i.imgur.com/AXoHThc.png

The "current goal" amount is equal to the "pledged in total" amount.

Which is entirely true: The current goal is to milk every possible dollar out of dumbass gamers

#68 Devillin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 140 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTharkad, Standing Next to the Throne.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:10 PM

This sounds like it is taking the best parts of the old BBS game Tradewars 2000, Starfleet Academy, and Wing Commander: Privateer.

#69 Devillin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:27 PM

View PostKoniving, on 09 September 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

To mention it...
Someone, who has a lot of the Star Citizen ships, happened to point out two virtually identical ships with very subtle changes from the Star Citizen ones.

Cutlass.
Posted Image

https://transversega...ore/item?what=5
Posted Image

Look familiar? Very similar.

Not to mention this earlier similar design.
Posted Image

#70 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostDevillin, on 09 September 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

Not to mention this earlier similar design.
Posted Image

Compared to which ship? Star Citizen or Transverse?

#71 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:46 PM

Which one is more tempting? Star Citizen or elite dangerous?

#72 Devillin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:07 PM

View PostKoniving, on 09 September 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

Compared to which ship? Star Citizen or Transverse?

I was going to say both, but more Transverse that SC. Sad thing is, when you look at them in reverse order, it looks like the Cutlass is a descendant of the TV ship, which is a descendant of Kevin Williams' ship.

#73 Draal Kaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 356 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:09 PM

Way more important: In the highest tier you get a physical copy of the known universe.
Am i the only one scared? And what is Hawking thinking about this?

Edited by Draal Kaan, 09 September 2014 - 11:20 PM.

#74 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:16 PM

View PostDevillin, on 09 September 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

I was going to say both, but more Transverse that SC. Sad thing is, when you look at them in reverse order, it looks like the Cutlass is a descendant of the TV ship, which is a descendant of Kevin Williams' ship.

Fans created the look of the Cutlass for Star Citizen as part of the contest.

#75 Valcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

View PostSarlic, on 09 September 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Which one is more tempting? Star Citizen or elite dangerous?

Star citizen visually looks stunning! But I'm gonna wait on that one until it gets further along, the combat gameplay looks quite disappointing so far. and... racing? That's just weird. I think I'll have to see what the open world is like before pledging. But regardless that game looks like eye candy all around from the environments, to the website, to the ships. The art team is superb.

I JUST plunked beta monies down for Elite today. It doesn't look visually nearly as good as SC, but the gameplay looks far more entertaining in just the right ways. I feel like that team is doing right by their backers... The one thing that bugs me though, is there is virtually no bonus to backing early, but otherwise, I like how they're transparent, and effective. Enough for my support.

IMO, there appears to be no reason at all to pledge on transverse over SC or elite... For all the reasons already covered. It is really sad to see the similarities between the SC & traverse art. The one thing I really enjoy about MWO is the design team's work on the mechs. Heck I even made a few 3D printed ones, so it's really disappointing to see this... lack of art direction.

#76 S3dition

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:58 PM

I'm not irritated that PGI is doing another game. I'm not irritated that it's a space sim that amounts to a "me too" move in the big rush to emulate SC's success.

I'm extremely irritated that the preview video is more polished than Mechwarrior Online and contains features that people had asked for from day 1.

That game launches with community warfare .That game launches with pilot customization. That game launches with world and galaxy persistence. That game launches with the ability to move around outside your vehicle. That game launches with an intricate economy.

These are the features I was hoping for when I backed Mechwarrior Online. Nuts to you if you think I'll pay for the same content twice.

#77 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:50 AM

View PostS3dition, on 09 September 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

I'm not irritated that PGI is doing another game. I'm not irritated that it's a space sim that amounts to a "me too" move in the big rush to emulate SC's success.

I'm extremely irritated that the preview video is more polished than Mechwarrior Online and contains features that people had asked for from day 1.

That game launches with community warfare .That game launches with pilot customization. That game launches with world and galaxy persistence. That game launches with the ability to move around outside your vehicle. That game launches with an intricate economy.

These are the features I was hoping for when I backed Mechwarrior Online. Nuts to you if you think I'll pay for the same content twice.

What? What makes you think a little teaser video proves they'll actually have all that at launch?

#78 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:53 AM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 10 September 2014 - 12:50 AM, said:

What? What makes you think a little teaser video proves they'll actually have all that at launch?

How the hell do you expect a game to function with no NPC's AND no economy, persistence, or community? Do you think you'll just fly around in space doing nothing for 3 years while they implement the community so you can eventually buy something or fight others for money?

If there were substantial NPC's or there wasn't a player driven economy, I would agree with you - no proof of initial content. But without that specific content, they would HAVE to have NPC's.

Edited by S3dition, 10 September 2014 - 12:54 AM.

#79 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:04 AM

View PostS3dition, on 10 September 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

How the hell do you expect a game to function with no NPC's AND no economy, persistence, or community? Do you think you'll just fly around in space doing nothing for 3 years while they implement the community so you can eventually buy something or fight others for money?

If there were substantial NPC's or there wasn't a player driven economy, I would agree with you - no proof of initial content. But without that specific content, they would HAVE to have NPC's.

...or it could I mean that they'll do exactly what they've done with MWO and release a barely functioning game and then add pieces on to it a little here and there stretching the development out way out past their expected release times and you'll get things like community warfare 4 years later then they hoped to give it to you. Until finally at long last you have a mostly complete game...just really late.

Edited by Darth Futuza, 10 September 2014 - 01:05 AM.

#80 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:05 AM

View PostKoniving, on 09 September 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

To mention it...
Someone, who has a lot of the Star Citizen ships, happened to point out two virtually identical ships with very subtle changes from the Star Citizen ones.

Cutlass.
Posted Image

https://transversega...ore/item?what=5
Posted Image

Look familiar? Very similar.

But wait.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
and PGI's knock-off.
https://transversega...ore/item?what=1
Posted Image

Why do I feel a Harmony Gold situation brewing with far more legitimate claims?

Oh my, a big copy and paste fest to rip off SC all the way. Well it's not like I had any hope for this new game anyway. Only problem is if PGI get sued for big bucks, it'll drag MWO down too.

Edited by Torgun, 10 September 2014 - 02:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users