#1 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hey fellow mechwarriors,

After listening to Part One of the Town Hall there was a lot of talk about maps and so this got me thinking of what kind of map would I want to see in game and what kind of aspects would I want it to hold?

Well me personally I would like to see a map that incorporates agriculture and multiple small towns and maybe a swamp in the map. Why? Well there are TONS of Agro Worlds through out the Inner Sphere. I know this from reading the books and as for such I figure a map that incorporates farmland, swam/lake, and small cities scattered through out a single map would give a great realistic aspect of being on an Agro World in the Inner Sphere.

How would it look? Well I am not an artist by any means but when i use my imagination maybe I can put what I see into words. That being said I start at a small City near an open field (where a drop ship might use to land troops), and march north through a valley with a lake/swamp in the bottom of it. To each side of the lake would be other small cities and filling out the rest of the valley is farm land where you see barns and small hangers where Agro Mechs might have been kept. As I reach the north end of the valley near a mountain range their is a mining facility with a bigger city and more hangers for Agro Mining Mechs and a complex for refining ore as well as grain dryers for drying the grain before shipped off togo off planet to one of the many other planets in the Inner Sphere.

The colors would be day light almost mid day baking the mechs and troops as they march from the landing site north to take this main asset of mining and grain dryers. For if you control food and ore you can re-allocate these resources to your other planets then its previous holder.

Let me know what you think and what are your ideas of a new map?

#2 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

Yep not the most exciting type of map but it would make sens that such a map should be in the game for faction wars.

By far the most popular map type everyone wants from the other topics is the major city map and maybe they could make a couple of those some time or even more.

Another less exciting map I always hope they will add because it could be larger and easier to make maybe, is the Dune map with a desert and only rolling dunes for over.

#3 Lil Cthulhu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 554 posts
  • LocationR'lyeh

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image

We desperately need a rainbow land map.

#4 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

lets get some concept art up. keeping in mind what assets they have already, and what we have an idea of what they can already do.

I want a night time mountain range map. Some good ole desert warfare (Not Tourmaline style desert hell). Lets get some more caves and stuff going, like an underground complex where the cap objective can go, which would create a DMZ you have to decide to either enter and meet your doom, or defend and die where you stand, depending. I mean, all kinds of things can be done other than generalities like: river, swamp, moon rocks, etc.

#5 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

Look here.

http://mwomercs.com/...pts-1200-votes/

A lot of concept art of what's possibly to come.

#6 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:17 AM

2 Fort

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

We need a Misty Forest map. Poor visibility, sensors scrambled, and something nearby.

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 10 September 2014 - 05:24 AM.

#8 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:42 AM

Beach head with obstacles and mech forts positions! Has to be a attacker vs defender map. The Beachhead Has to be taken by beach approach due to the high rocky Crags and Mobile Orbital Guns in the distance.
Smoke artillery rounds to cover the invasion.
At least as big as Alpine.

Spawns sometimes defend sometimes attack.
Random artillery from Deep sea assault craft on defenders that leave fortified areas.
Extremely large capitol ship size laser fire ocassionaly from assault craft on the ocean
Heavy strikes against beach assault teams that do not get to rocky cover coves/partial caves on beach.

Beware the 3 Calliope turrets over-watching the approaches.

Edited by SaltBeef, 10 September 2014 - 05:53 AM.

#9 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

My worst nightmare.

Underground tunnels.

I have NEVER won a match when playing in underground tunnels. I would like to get a chance to overcome that problem!

View PostLil Cthulhu, on 09 September 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Pendraco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 469 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

While I am looking forward to the new "Factory" map, I would really like for them to give us a version of the Moon map (HPG) without the huge base in the middle. Maybe Add a small port with a dropship at one end and let us fight amoungst the craters.

I think they could make this quickly with the existing Map...!!

#11 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

You know... they didn't do the Space map correctly. Open space acts like water in that if you get an armor breech, that section becomes nonfunctional.

#12 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

I would like to see something I could not find on the voting list, Castle Mountain might be close but does not accurately reflect what I want.

I want to see a Castle Brian.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Castle_Brian

I think it could make for some interesting Assault and Attack/Defend matches. The idea of Mech Bunkers make it all the more fun.

#13 Dolph Hoskins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 499 posts
  • LocationThe Machine

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:25 AM

I'd like to see a major metropolitan area map with sky scrapers, avenues, business parks, with a few hilly somewhat open areas on the surface. Below that there would be a network of subterranian tunnels subways, large utility conduits and the like. Those would provide options for movement and relocation at various map points.
I'd also like to see a cold planet map with something like a dropship launch pad and prep stations in the center. I picture this kind of map very similar to one of the first missions in Black Knight. A very craggy and hilly moon like surface with various rock formations and crystals among the rough surface.

#14 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

about 5 more maps about the size of alpine but with all usable terrain, maybe bigger. having mutli stage objectives kinda like TF2 cap points. u know 1 2 3 4 5 with 1 side attack and defend. i guess i could settle with just a middle base u have to cap frist. would be a great time to bring in dropship mode. after capping mid point everyone gets a new mech:P ow the confusion u could cause.

#15 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:44 AM

I want maps with dynamic objectives. Maps that open up if you take different points, or do different things.

A space port for example. You're an escaping company/star+/whatever. You have to take a small facility outside the port's walls to open the main gates. The enemy has to stop you, or failing that, nail you before you get to a waiting dropship.

OR, some sort of underground cave, where you have to activate explosives to seal parts of the map. Blowing parts can cut enemies off or force them into choke points. The objective could be a lostech cache or some such.

OR, a freaking battleship that is burning up on re-entry after an awesome space battle. There's only one dropship still docked that is capable of taking off, and time's'a'wastin'.

#16 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

personally, I think they could take the maps we already have and make different ones from them. Like Alpine at night and / or with a snow storm, caustic in the winter and or at night, frozen city not frozen and so on.

Then the next set of maps could be a way to tie the ones we have together. Make a shoreline type map that ties River City to Crimson Straights, then make a map just off River city that leads to Canyon and one that goes from Canyon to Caustic and so on. Think Campaign style...

Of course, I am up for most any NEW maps introduced. Doesnt mean I like them, but at least they are new battlegrounds.

#17 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:31 AM

View PostLil Cthulhu, on 09 September 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

We had rainbow maps back when heat vision was predator vision. ;)

View Postvettie, on 10 September 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

personally, I think they could take the maps we already have and make different ones from them.

I've been preaching for quite some time that Terra Therma would make the perfect map if the volcano was extinct, maga flows were streams of water, and a dense lush tropical forest covered everything but the trails.

Or an EL-DORADO style jungle map skinned over manifold with a solid gold Inca temple in the middle gold mechs could use for camouflage.

Now if I had to come up with one from scratch, it would be like Crossfire from the half life days where there would be a giant pressure plate that took a total tonnage of 300+ to trigger, and once triggered everyone would have 3 minutes to get behind/into randomly placed bunkers around the map before the blast doors closed and it began to rain arty strikes for the next 60 seconds.

Edited by lockwoodx, 10 September 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#18 Xeraphale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:52 AM

"What Kind Of Map Would You Want?" you ask...

...Anything as long as it's NEW!

#19 John Cooke

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

I would like to see several maps from mech 4 made, one that comes to mind is "Factory" or what ever it was called

#20 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:17 AM

We have a Map that many moan about when they get dropped in it ..........Terra therma! What we need now is the opposite a super cool dark side of a space platform map , lit up by station lights and window ports that has the opposite effect so mechwarriors go hell yeah! Heat dissapation bonus is massive galore! 255 below zero.

Edited by SaltBeef, 10 September 2014 - 08:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users