57 replies to this topic

#41 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:23 AM

Update: 18th of October, 2014: Added BNC-3S "Dead Hand" to Assaults.

#42 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:34 PM

Surprised this isnt one of your Assault Brawlers:

BNC-3E

Better than the BLR youve got up there. 4 less damage...but its mostly front loaded into AC20, better cooling, better armor, more survivable and its going to put its alphas into a tighter group, faster with slightly better dps.

Its slower but thats not an issue with brawlers. Youre following the horde to the battle, then engaging once your teammates engage.

Mastered with the 9 cool shot, its nasty. You can easily put out 400 damage before youre at risk of shutting down. With speed tweak, 65kph is more than sufficient.

Edited by KraftySOT, 20 October 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#43 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostKraftySOT, on 20 October 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

Surprised this isnt one of your Assault Brawlers:

BNC-3E

Better than the BLR youve got up there. 4 less damage...but its mostly front loaded into AC20, better cooling, better armor, more survivable and its going to put its alphas into a tighter group, faster with slightly better dps.

Its slower but thats not an issue with brawlers. Youre following the horde to the battle, then engaging once your teammates engage.

Mastered with the 9 cool shot, its nasty. You can easily put out 400 damage before youre at risk of shutting down.

Would you like it to be added?

#44 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 20 October 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

Would you like it to be added?

Thatd be very cool yes!

Hrmm, call it..."The Wailer". Thats what I call mine.

#45 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

Update: 20th of October, 2014: Added BNC-3E "Wailer" to Assaults.

#46 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:44 AM

Update: 21st of October, 2014: Added VND-1X "Slap" to Medium Mechs.

#47 WarPickle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAt my computer

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:58 AM

I tried the little helper build but was overweight..?

*** lol never mind I just saw you went with the 245 XL and not the 240 XL that comes with it ;)

Edited by BasicInfantry, 26 October 2014 - 04:03 AM.

#48 Stryker159

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:05 AM

a build that I am using as a new player is a laser based stormcrow Prime

2 Clan Med Lasers in each arm, then slotting in the C variant torso omnipods to fit 2 Clan Large Pulse Lasers.

Decent alpha, but can run a bit hot if not managed properly. Would most likely fall under the brawler role

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f0d476e6f2eb289

#49 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

I was looking for one of your builds and had to dig half way to Terra Therma to find this thread!

O7 David :)

#50 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

Update: 12th of February, 2015: Added HBK-4G "10 Downer" to Medium Mechs. Added CN9-AH "Gauss Downer" to Medium Mechs.

#51 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:28 AM

Backliner KGC-000 "The Sho(t)gun"

EDIT: Loks like the BBCode doesn't want me to add URL links. Here's the raw link then: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ad3d6bf9dd39832

Double EDIT: Since Smurfy is down for the time being, have a picture instead!
Spoiler

2 AC5s Privide it with long range suppressive fire, but the 'Mech has no problems engaging in a Brawl, using it's high RoF to strip the enemies' armor to finish them off with the LBs. 2 Medium Lasers give it some more focused damage when dealing with enemies at short range. Heat can be an issue on a non-mastered chassis.

Edited by SethAbercromby, 12 February 2015 - 10:38 AM.

#52 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:36 AM

it is best if you create your post in MS Word first, then copy it over.

#53 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:31 AM

View PostRelaed, on 13 February 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

it is best if you create your post in MS Word first, then copy it over.

I wrote it in BBCode in Notepad first.

#54 Johnny GoEasy

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:21 AM

Hey David. I was just reading up on the RVN-3L "Vulture" and cant seem to find any ammo equipped for the LRM. If you switch to FF armor you can squeeze 1 ton onboard.

Edited by SwampDonkie, 14 February 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#55 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostSwampDonkie, on 14 February 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Hey David. I was just reading up on the RVN-3L "Vulture" and cant seem to find any ammo equipped for the LRM.

I'd assumue the 2nd ton of AMS ammo was placed there unintentionally, but good catch!

#56 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostSethAbercromby, on 14 February 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

I'd assumue the 2nd ton of AMS ammo was placed there unintentionally, but good catch!

View PostSwampDonkie, on 14 February 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Hey David. I was just reading up on the RVN-3L "Vulture" and cant seem to find any ammo equipped for the LRM. If you switch to FF armor you can squeeze 1 ton onboard.

Fixed. Thanks for the notice!

#57 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

Update: 12th of February, 2015: Added ENF-4R "Magic V" to Medium Mechs. Added PNT-8Z "Flash-Bang" to Light Mechs. Removed update catalog from main post.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 17 February 2015 - 12:55 PM.

#58 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

View PostDavidHurricane, on 11 September 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

COM-2D "Spy"

This Commando is designed to be a dedicated spotting unit. ECM allows it to counteract enemy missiles. TAG and NARC allow it to lock onto enemy units. An SRM 4 can be used for defense.

Worked a little in this guy. Added Artemis for the extra effects of the system in targeting and tracking. Downgraded the heatsinks to single ones cause for just 1x SRM2/SRM4, 10 SingleHeatSinks work at 100% efficiency, so doubles just take space, and also singles can be placed in the legs increasing their effect in water. I used the space to add Ferro to allow the armour to be maxed. Now is 1million Cbills cheaper, also.

COM-2D "The Spy Ver2.0"

There is other choice to simply max the engine and armour:
COM-2D "The Spy Ver3.0"

EDIT:

View PostDavidHurricane, on 11 September 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

Light Assault

I like ur Predator, it takes a lot from the potential of the RVN-4X, but lets be serious, u need an ECM base to get the true potential of an assault-mech in a light weight chassis.

RVN-3L "Silent Hunter"

This guy has 3% less heat efficiency, but use an engine 55 points higher in rating, so more speed and torso twist, has 10 more points alpha-strike, less spread using the SRM4 instead of the SRM6 (honestly, without Artemis, i feel like wasting missiles when i fire a SRM6 above 140 meters, instead SRM4 can go without Artemis and still be effective at ranges of 200-250 meters), one more MPLas to allow chain-fire, and ECM.

EDIT 2:

View PostDavidHurricane, on 11 September 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

CN9-AH "Gauss Downer"

A spin on the normally brawling Centurion, this Mech uses a Gauss rifle to attack at long range. When sufficient damage has been done, the Mech can move in to brawl, where it's Gauss Rifle's lethal capabilities can be compounded with two SRM 4s. Care should be taken to avoid taking too much damage to the back, and be conservative with your ammo.

For some reason is not mounting Ferro-Fibrous eventhough it has the slots. In doing so u can add 3 points of armour to the shield arm and upgrade the unconventional XL265 to a more normal XL275.

CN9-AH "Gauss Downer"

EDIT 3:

View PostDavidHurricane, on 11 September 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

TDR-5SS "Photon Storm II"

This Mech is not designed to Alpha Strike. Use chain fire or small individual groups. You should also take both Cool Shot consumables. Seven Medium Pulse Lasers dish out high damage. An SRM 6 offers back up. 17 Double Heat Sinks can cool this Mech down quickly. Optionally, the SRM 6 can be swapped for more DHSs (in the unused arm).

For some reason has 2 tons of AMS ammo. It can benefit a lot from a STD engine, so if u press "override" u can only die instantly from 2 parts of the mech instead of from 4, and Artemis. Added both:

TDR-5SS "Photon Storm II-s"

EDIT 4:

View PostDavidHurricane, on 11 September 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

WHK-B "Warhawk Brawler"

Five Clan Large Pulse Lasers allow this Mech to vaporize enemy armor in quick pulses of blue light.

Firing more than 2 cLPLas at a time incur in a high ghost heat penalty (Source). Instead of the 5th LPLas, u should better get backup weapons to avoid enemies target u as "easy to hit-and-run". Dropping the said LPLas u can mount 2x cLRM10 to both attack and defend urself, and in aprox the same range of the LPLas. U may notice a strangely placed LRM ammo rack in the left arm. Its cause the ammo is allways depleted in a predefinided order (Source), so placing that rack there u can be sure that u can fire ur CT launcher even if ur RT has been blown:

WHK-B "Bring me da pain!!"

Edited by DelphiAuriga, 17 February 2015 - 10:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users