Regarding Reddit 2

149 replies to this topic

#1 Randalf Yorgen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

@Niko,

You just locked the other tread, That's shame, when one finds themselves in the middle of a thunderstorm it is the wise man who moves away from the Lightening rod as it is the path that allows the built up charge to ground itself out. You, sir, have just walked up to it and grabbed a hold of it and thrown it to the ground. In doing so you have replaced that lightening rod and have become yourself the grounding instrument. Also you have just closed the door on the only chance PGI had to recover anything of their reputation.

You like to stand up to the posters in this forum but you should also be standing up to the people sitting in the big chairs as they are part of this community as well and you are the Community Manager (for now) are you not?

By closing the original thread you have simply shot off your other foot and as a founder and someone to whom you gave lip service to when you came to our TS server to have your own town hall I have no sympathy.

You made your bed, you know what to do.

#2 Jestunhi

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

"it seems possible we over moderated", so to apologise he locked the thread to stop further discussion. ;)

:edit:

And he locked this thread because there was another one... then he locked the one he was linking to: http://mwomercs.com/...97#entry3711397

Edited by Jestunhi, 11 September 2014 - 11:34 AM.

#3 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

Round 2
FIGHT!

#4 General Discussion Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 53 posts

Of course he locked the thread after issuing a nonpology! He's really, really sorry that we're taking his overmoderation so badly; but could we please stop talking about it?

[thread has been locked]

#5 Yiphyin

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 38 posts

Overmoderation will continue until the mods improve.

#6 Opus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

watching, popcorn in hand, waiting .. . . .

#7 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

Not a founder, only started playing in Jan 2014.... so... obviously i missed a lot of the epic shizzle that got you founders all in a tizzy.

However, i did have a clear picture of what the game was supposed to be, which was heavily influenced by all the propaganda i'd paid attention to when the game was announced and through its infancy. Imagine my surprise when i decided to download it 8 months ago to give it a whirl... and find it wasn't really a game at all... just a collection of digital actions i could repeat. Forever. With no change in goal or reward.

Despite no real connection to the game yet, nor any financial investment into it... even I was crushed by what i'd found.

I can only imagine how founders and longtime players feel.

I hope PGI takes a good hard look at all the vitriol and disappointment that's been spewed in the last 48hrs across the interwebs and here in their home... and realizes that there is very real, very significant work to be done on their end.

Most of all... i hope they want to do that work.

If they do... then i hope that the enraged founders, the sometimes-overly-enthusiastic fluff bunnies and everyone else who got to blow of some steam here in Off Topic, will let them. And if they can't cheerlead any such efforts from PGI... please at least refrain from trying to torpedo them outright.

You may have given up on this franchise and moved on (not really, obviously) but I've only had 8 months to try it out and I would like for it to succeed and become the game i was hoping for.

#8 Kekrebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

Well then, I guess this is the part where I get to say they missed that golden opportunity to reach out to a large portion of their community.

Doesn't give me warm fuzzies for the future.

#9 ImplicitAssembler

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

So, the 'new' directions from Russ are the same as the old ones, I guess.
Too bad..

#10 miliardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

They should just...delete the forum...problem solved :D

#11 Rustic Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCastile Central HQ

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:41 AM

Hey there!

Still unsatisfied!. Let's see if you can appease us, guys. Let's start with a heartfelt apology.

#12 Jestunhi

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:42 AM

View Postmiliardo, on 11 September 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

Except the whole point of the previous thread was that the forums are not enough. Niko / PGI feels they should have authority over what people say on 3rd party sites like Reddit too.

They need to shut down the entire internet to get their way! Of course, as a developer of online games that presents a slight problem.

:edit:

When they shut down general chat things didn't improve either. ;)

Edited by Jestunhi, 11 September 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#13 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:42 AM

View Postmiliardo, on 11 September 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

They already tried this...

#14 General Discussion Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

I'm sorry if you seem to be personally offended that we aren't communicating well [LOCKS THREAD]

#15 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:44 AM

Why do I have the feeling that this is soon gonna be a re-enactment of the Salem Witch trials?

#16 Dresner

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Locationnull

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:45 AM

Niko,

With respect, in my opinion you are the absolute worst community manager I've come across. It is clear that you cannot even apologize for an egregious mistake without being condescending. Your response to me sounds as if you're sorry you got caught. That was disrespectful.

I hope your superiors wise up to your foolish behavior and replace you. In my opinion, you do nothing but harm to PGI, MWO, and BT.

#17 Cyberiad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Dousing fire with gasoline.

#18 Funbags

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationNY

What about the over moderation here, facebook, and other third party sites? What about the favoritism that resulted in other people, good people, being banned, and perma banned from the game?

You had an opportunity to try to makes things better/right, and you did nothing.

Posted Image

Edited by Funbags, 11 September 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#19 Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

"They shouldn't need a thread like this to realize how monumentally they've ****** up. They still probably won't."

#20 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

I just hope he read through the thread.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users