Regarding Reddit 2

149 replies to this topic

#141 The Ed Is Not Amused

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:18 PM

Yet another long-lapsed player here joining the Great Founder's Reunion.

MWO has been nothing short of the Greek tragedy of gaming. So much potential, such a promising start, utterly squandered by abject ineptitude, a stunning lack of self-awareness and the inability to adjust when the direction you have chosen hasn't panned out. The Transverse announce was merely re-opening of an old wound almost healed over - as if the internet as a whole was calling me "SUCKER!" for having supported this game. Top it off with trying to put out a fire with gasoline and...well...here we are.

PGI: You had a chance to repair a lot of old damage today with all of us old founders logging back in to post regarding this Fiasco. Niko has practically flushed this down the toilet in one big swirly.

Id like to say terminating Niko would help repair the damage; Id like to say more transparency would help bridge the gulf that your actions and yours alone have created. Id like to say that I'd come back to MWO in spite of all of this if you guys would focus your attention on finishing this game.

But the direction that last 48 hours has taken demonstrates that, in all likelihood, it would be too little, too late. Id really love to be wrong, but your actions as a company (and Niko's in particular) have dug yourselves in to a very deep hole that I cannot forsee you ever digging out of.

Please prove me wrong.

PS: Protip -- Banning/silencing dissenting voices isn't going to help. The first thing to do when you're in a hole is to stop digging, not dig deeper.

#142 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

Everyone that posts here risks "consequences" for violating the ToS.

I've been pointedly told by a Mod and Heffay that "Free Speech" doesn't exist here and that I don't understand what it means.

http://mwomercs.com/...tself-and-1984/

I don't agree. I am free to exercise my free speech and I'm prepared to deal with the consequences, which in this case could be censorship or banning for being inflammatory. I'm fine with that if I over-step myself. In this case I believe that I have the right to comment and voice my opinion, be it positive or negative criticism, as long as I do not sink to the level of threats, excessive profanity, racial/ethnic slurs or harassment.

Now that is not what is in the ToS. It's scope is broad and far-reaching, and I understand WHY it's that way. It needs to be, but the real important part is exactly HOW the CM and Mods enforce it. Recently it has gone beyond what I believe to be reasonable, and this, this upsets me far more that any game issues.

On a slightly different note, I hope that those who call themselves "White Knights" understand that they are not without blame in this whole thing. Many of them have been equally biased, rude, condescending and just plain nasty as some of those "Black Knights" they so dislike.

While I risk "censure", I accept it and hope that they have realized that they have over-reacted, correct themselves and we can move forward.

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.” George Orwell 1984

“It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”George Orwell 1984

Edited by TLBFestus, 11 September 2014 - 10:08 PM.

#143 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:10 AM

I am relatively new player in this game so I don't know all the history behind all this but from what I know it is painfully obvious to me what the response from PGI should have been. The critics are not mad really mad about what happened in Reddit or what happens in these forums. They are not angry about the upcoming game. What they are angry about is all the broken promises and the fact that their cries and advice are being ignored. Many of these people are true Battletech fans and wanted to see this game be the best game ever but instead they were given a bunch of mechs and a few maps and that's it.

What should have been done is to apologize about the slow progress, promise to fix that and then actually do it and deliver.

Now this "sorry if you took offence for us overmoderating at redit"-thing is just another slap in the face for those who have backed the game from the start or atleast this is how I saw it.

#144 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationGnomeregan, Dun Morogh

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users