Regarding Reddit 2

149 replies to this topic

#101 ThisMachineKillsFascists

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

View Postwanderer, on 11 September 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

We don't blame the giant robots. We blame the people who run the game at a jerky, apathetic pace. We blame the people who say one thing and produce something entirely different, ignore feedback, attempt to ban their way to a Utopia of forums, and so on.

MWO has not "done well" by the franchise. Not at all. It has survived on the dwindling goodwill of those that want the franchise to survive- and many, IMHO would gladly put MWO to the torch if it rose like a phoenix *ahem* from the flames.

And last-word-locking the thread with an half-baked apology was precisely the wrong thing to do for Niko. He should take it under advisement and unlock the thread- as what was done is an A+ example of one-way communication.

Community takes two way streets. As you can see, it really hasn't done much to calm things down thanks to the nature of the possibly attempted apology *ahem ahem* and immediate threadlock for "last word".

Thx again wanderer.

Those ppl will try to troll you again and again with the argue "No one will ever touch this ip again because of the community"

Infact the community became frustrated and angry after Pgi disrespected, ignored and lied to them over and over again

#102 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

But think of the CHILDREN!

#103 Jestunhi

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

@zone wolf: What makes you so sure? I mean....would you really trust another company with this IP? I mean...what if the guys at Star Citizen got ahold of the IP and start charging Mechs for...$600? $700? Lets Face it. NOBODY here would trust this IP with anyone ever again.

The difference between CIG's ships for hundreds of dollars and PGI's gold mechs for hundreds of dollars is that every ship that CIG sells will be available ingame without paying anything (other than the initial cost to purchase the game).

Edited by Jestunhi, 11 September 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#104 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

You're still paying though.

#105 miliardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostPlek, on 11 September 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

All they have to prove is that they can get money out of an IP. I know EA for one doesn't give any kind of crap about ruining an IP for a quick cash-in, so as long as PGI can show that they can squeeze money out of an idea, they'll keep getting rights to do it.

Do you really think they can squeeze anything else from this IP... I personally don't think so... I loved old MW games and that was the reason why I backed them up, foolishly believed that they will make a MW game worthy of it's predecessors.. But what did I got... World of Mechs.. Sorry been playing similar game to that one for last two years, and I don't need another one...

#106 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

Really, you WANT a F2P model?

Neat.

Edited by WanderingSoul, 11 September 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#107 Jestunhi

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

I notice this thread has been quietly shunted to K-Town...

#108 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:31 PM

Hell no Lets get a P2W model in here double time!

#109 General Discussion Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

Well, of course it has. I mean, engaging and communicating with the community is hard work; it's much easier to lock threads, ban people, and shunt unwanted things to places nobody will see.

#110 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

View PostJestunhi, on 11 September 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

I notice this thread has been quietly shunted to K-Town...

I was wondering why I was logged out.

#111 miliardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Just saw this too...i've come to a peace with this game and awaiting it's quiet passing away..may God have mercy on it

#112 Grimbrand

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationthe 'Verse

I'm grateful that Nikolai took the time to drop in. I think his apology was sincere, for what it's worth. But I think that locking the thread instead of participating in it was a huge mistake.

Sure, there are a lot of people who posted who were just there to eat popcorn, and watch the house burn down. There were trolls, and a couple of white knights that can be disregarded.

But MOST of those posts were people who came back not to rant and rave aimlessly, they were people who asked for change, and offered genuine advice and suggestion for how things could be made better.

All of the Founders that came back just to weigh in didn't do that because we 'don't care' about Mechwarrior, or because somehow we all magically got bored and looked up this game that we haven't visited for a year or more. We came back and told you what we had to say because we are *passionate* about this game! Because we want it to be good! And finally, because it matters to us, we're still mad as hell.

We're disappointed with the state of the game, but the thing that really chapped our hides was how PGI keeps making promises, and then not only fails to deliver on those promises, but mocks, moderates, and bans the people who try to hold them accountable!

Maybe it's uncomfortable to read these things, but I, and so many other Golds once believed in this game, in what PGI could do with it. Making a bad Star Citizen knockoff with part of our funds was not a part of that vision.

So go ahead. Close another thread. Moderate this one, if you think that we're just telling you this to make you miserable; to stir up trouble, to grief you somehow. Even if you ignoreall of the suggestions on how you can improve this game, or change it, why don't you just DO THE THINGS YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO DO, FOR YEARS NOW?

#113 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

Yes, because we support a developer who has a written track record of success. He has also been very engaging to the community, even when things like the dog-fight module got pushed back. Was there rage? Sure, but it was quiet compared to this because HE OPENLY APOLOGIZED about having to push things back. He doesn't make unreasonable time tables he knows his team can't reach.

Still, we give him money, because it is a safe bet they will provide us with the game that was promised in the end. They won't sit here and lie to us, belittle the community, and say they laugh at all our feedback.

#114 Plek

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

View Postmiliardo, on 11 September 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

Do you really think they can squeeze anything else from this IP... I personally don't think so... I loved old MW games and that was the reason why I backed them up, foolishly believed that they will make a MW game worthy of it's predecessors.. But what did I got... World of Mechs.. Sorry been playing similar game to that one for last two years, and I don't need another one...
As long as people keep shelling out cash for gold-plated lasers or whatever, yeah. Eventually even they will get bored with buy re-skinned robots or playing what amounts to an unfinished mod, but like I said, PGI only has to make money. Period. Not make a game, not supporting a thriving community, not even building any kind of trust. Just show that they can get people to fork over the cash. They will, and have been, saying whatever they think they need to say to make it happen.

#115 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

But think of the CHILDREN!

I am. I'd love to introduce my nephew and niece to stompy giant robot fun someday. The nephew's already into the Pokémon CCG, so he's already following his uncle's footsteps in that regard.

If PGI hoses the franchise like this and keeps doing it, I'd rather see the whole thing keel over and support a more competent developer in making another attempt at online MechWarrior. But I'd rather see THIS game put on track as something other than a moneywhale-hunting system instead. Even as fixer-upper as it is now, it'd take less effort.

But that effort has to start. Events like the recent Reddit one do not bode well for PGI changing it's tune,and it is change or be destroyed in infamous fashion. From what we've seen of when PGI believed it was on it's way out, the "grab and dash" seems quite likely.

And if such actions are not castigated and confronted, we would be unworthy fans of the franchise to begin with.

#116 Kill Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

Tagging this one for reading later tonight.

#117 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationGnomeregan, Dun Morogh

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

Posted Image

#118 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

and once his track record of success deviates high and to the right, THAT community will call out for blood and witch trials. Just like it happens here.

#119 ZoneWolf

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostKill Dozer, on 11 September 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Tagging this one for reading later tonight.

Dont hope too much.

This thread has been moved to a little black hole that people wont find it.

Cute, thanks niko

Edited by ZoneWolf, 11 September 2014 - 12:39 PM.

#120 Opus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

it has been anguishing for me to watch the PGI squander this IP and now knowing they have the IP for Wing Commander as well, Sigh

but I just got my first 3D printer, and I had an idea, don't laugh I still have some grey matter in the old bucket

Crowdfunding with Replicates of the Mechs designed within MWO.

I know guys already sharing some designs for 3d printed miniatures.

BUT what if PGI were to hire a casting group to make Mechs and sell them as merchandise something we could place on our Desks?

hell, it could even be gold plated for 500.00 bucks

The Urbie would be a crowd pleaser I suspect

But I will leave this idea right here, and let the ball roll....

comments here > http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3712703

Edited by Opus, 11 September 2014 - 12:38 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users