149 replies to this topic

#61 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

If we're all so angry then why are we still here? Why keep coming to a place that continuously angers you all to the point of Aneurism? If everything is how we all say it is then why keep coming back? As you all say its obvious that NOTHING GOOD has ever come out of PGI or MWO

To hopefully dissuade other people from making the same mistakes us Founders did.

#62 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

View PostRandalf Yorgen, on 11 September 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

By closing the original thread you have simply shot off your other foot and as a founder and someone to whom you gave lip service to when you came to our TS server to have your own town hall I have no sympathy.

You made your bed, you know what to do.

These aren't the apologies you're looking for...

(well, he tried)

#63 TopDawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts

View PostGreenjulius, on 11 September 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

For those looking for an apology... Didn't he just apologize?

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3712334

I'm a vocal critic of this game and PGI in general, (Just look at any of my posts) but I think people are on an unconstructive warpath, hating on PGI, Niko in particular. He may be deserving of the flame, but is it really helping to spew hatred in the forums? I feel like people just want a pound of flesh and punishment, not for things to get better.

While I agree some are like that, everyone else has already beat me to my point. Also personally speaking, I want things to get better or I wouldn't spend my time writing feedback like this. But, anyway:

"Based on the reddiquette guidelines it seems possible we over moderated."

Are you kidding; it's a joke, right? It 'seems possible'? He did it. That happened. And rather than acknowledging it and moving forward, it's 'well, we maybe possibly could have done something wrong, and if we did, well, we're sorry you may have taken offense to it'.

Honestly, I don't know if English is his first language or not (I don't know Niko at all), but regardless, as a company you want someone in PR that can clearly and cleanly communicate to your customers and fans.

While on the topic of PR and apologizing/moving on; someone brought up the Xbone and their initial announcements (Xbox 180 anyyone?). They took a lot of flak, rightfully so, but then fixed and changed what they had to and moved on. Does anyone even care that they did it now? Well, some might, but no one's talking about it, and I'm guessing it didn't impact their sales a whole lot after changing it to a product consumers wanted to buy.

#64 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

@theGerf: So you Admit that this Community...the WHOLE BattleTech Community in whole is a very unwelcoming Community?

#65 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:08 PM

If we're all so angry then why are we still here? Why keep coming to a place that continuously angers you all to the point of Aneurism? If everything is how we all say it is then why keep coming back? As you all say its obvious that NOTHING GOOD has ever come out of PGI or MWO

I'm convinced people come back because of two things: They love BT/MechWarrior, or they love hating. Every stupid mistake taken by PGI or it's employees gives people something concrete to hate, because the rest of our problems are too abstract.

#66 ZoneWolf

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

Really? Really?

You cant even own up to being a dip and REALLY screwing the pooch!? Only redit is mentioned?

Niko you should have stayed out of that thread and let us big boys talk amongst ourselves.

I feel so saddened by the lack of PGI to do ANYTHING to actually improve this game. It seems doomed to fail and I have pumped so much money into this game in the "HOPES" that it would actually turn out to be good.

Shame on me.

#67 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

An apology is not an expression of everyone elses remorse sunshine! It's your own.

I sure hope you apologised to your superiors and your co-workers and that Canadian investment fund too for being a community manager that consistently destroys their own community rather than builds it, nurtures it and helps it grow.

Just wow - In any other company (even any other games company you'd be looooong gone)

#68 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

To those who keep demanding that the IP goes to someone else...You guys do know that based on how we are...No one...No one IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would ever touch this IP again because we would IN FACT do that same to them regardless of how well they might do?

#69 theGerf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

@theGerf: So you Admit that this Community...the WHOLE BattleTech Community in whole is a very unwelcoming Community?

You need to work on your reading comprehension.

#70 Captain Quirk

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOhio

Founders reunion 2.0, I'm in

Anyone else notice how far this thread got buried? It used to be right up front on off topic.

Edited by John T Quirk, 11 September 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#71 Aesis

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 56 posts
  • LocationGrandma's basement

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

That was supposed to be an apology? Why do I feel like it was written to throw the blame on others AS USUAL.?

#72 Illegal Username

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

I apologize for the fact that your white knighting led to me noticing you being dumb enough to misspell your signature banner.

#73 EmCeeMendez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 266 posts

View PostTopDawg, on 11 September 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Honestly, I don't know if English is his first language or not (I don't know Niko at all), but regardless, as a company you want someone in PR that can clearly and cleanly communicate to your customers and fans.

He's communicating quite clearly.

"We are done having this conversation that I started to try and vote brigade reddit, another ToS violation. Thread closed."

#74 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

https://docs.google....UFKWGRJX1UzYjg/

won't let me upload the image.

Edited by Time Bandit, 11 September 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#75 miliardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:13 PM

I am still here because I love big giant f*cking robots :D And once in a full moon I come back here to see if they finally fixed the game and moved it from early alpha stage...but alas, I only find that I am now called an "Islander" (for which I am still trying to find a thread where is that said), and I find the game in worse state than it was a year ago when I left it.

This is not a game.....this is a demo for a game

#76 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Will someone at least quote the context of the locked thread for newcomers?

#77 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

@theGerf: Was this not your own words?
"You only thought it was a friendly community because any dissenting opinion was silenced or removed."

That would implicate that this is in fact NOT a welcoming community. "YOU ONLY THOUGHT IT WAS..." Meaning that you in your own mindset believe that this is an unwelcoming Community

#78 ZoneWolf

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

To those who keep demanding that the IP goes to someone else...You guys do know that based on how we are...No one...No one IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would ever touch this IP again because we would IN FACT do that same to them regardless of how well they might do?

Not true at ALL!!!!! That infuriates me that you can even mention such a load of tripe!

IF it was passed on all the other company would have to do is..........

make a good game and communicate with the community. Its pretty much that simple.

#79 Melthir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

i let someone who is more articulate than me do it.

#80 General Discussion Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostAesis, on 11 September 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

That was supposed to be an apology? Why do I feel like it was written to throw the blame on others AS USUAL.?

I'm so sorry you didn't fall for me shifting the blame onto the EVIL GOONS. They've RUINED EVERYTHING this time!

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users