#81 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 11 September 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

So is that what people want, to hear him actually say "I apologize for my actions on reddit?" I find the situation deplorable too, but the forum has devolved into the virtual equivalent of a lynch mob. There are several people here who would probably only be happy with the guy homeless and unemployed. It's kind of sad to see a community I thought was generally friendly turn into this.

No, we all want him to say "I apologize for being an overbearing moderator on these forums and I will improve to not delete or lock every post or thread that doesn't coincide with what company policy my masters have told me. Furthermore I will not ban people from the game that have put money into because of posts on other sites.

He got shadowbanned from another forum. A forum moderator...getting banned...from another forum. That should tell you something. Just think about it over some herbal tea.

*sip* ah. Refreshing.

#82 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostVoyager I, on 11 September 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

This Apology Tutorial is a pretty good watch in general.

Booked marked. That is actually a really good video. Thanks!

Cheers.

#83 theGerf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:16 PM

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

@theGerf: Was this not your own words?
"You only thought it was a friendly community because any dissenting opinion was silenced or removed."

That would implicate that this is in fact NOT a welcoming community. "YOU ONLY THOUGHT IT WAS..." Meaning that you in your own mindset believe that this is an unwelcoming Community

You're still not getting it. If you'd like an education in predicate logic and comprehension, take it to PMs. Otherwise I won't contribute to veer the thread off topic any more.

#84 Funbags

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:16 PM

View PostWanderingSoul, on 11 September 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

No, we all want him to say "I apologize for being an overbearing moderator on these forums and I will improve to not delete or lock every post or thread that doesn't coincide with what company policy my masters have told me. Furthermore I will not ban people from the game that have put money into because of posts on other sites.

He got shadowbanned from another forum. A forum moderator...getting banned...from another forum. That should tell you something. Just think about it over some herbal tea.

*sip* ah. Refreshing.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg. Don't forget about the people that were banned in game as well because of his actions.

#85 Ash Rose

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

Status of everything: ruined

Cause: goons

#86 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

To those who keep demanding that the IP goes to someone else...You guys do know that based on how we are...No one...No one IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would ever touch this IP again because we would IN FACT do that same to them regardless of how well they might do?

I don't think people are pissed because MWO does't fit their personal vision of what a Mechwarrior game should be (although, yes I'm sure there will always be some people who fit in that category). We are pissed because they deviated from all the plans and promises in the beginning.

Hopefully someone will try again and give it the respect it deserves

#87 ThisMachineKillsFascists

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostHelmer, on 11 September 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Booked marked. That is actually a really good video. Thanks!

Cheers.

Perhaps Niko could learn something from helmer

Do you live in canada Helmer? Perhaps you could climb up the job ladder to a one higher step

Edited by ThisMachineKillsFascists, 11 September 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#88 miliardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

To those who keep demanding that the IP goes to someone else...You guys do know that based on how we are...No one...No one IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would ever touch this IP again because we would IN FACT do that same to them regardless of how well they might do?

Not true at all..give it to BioWare, give it back to Microsoft, Crytek..heck give it to any other company that produced at least three highly successful AAA games in the past 10 years and let them fund it themselves, and then charge it 40$ and charge a monthly subscription of 5$ and I'll pay them even if it means no eating tomorrow...

But this PGI company, they just proved that they can't make a decent game..they just don't know.. I have a feeling that they are outsourcing Indian programmers of 16-18 years of age to do their coding in CryEngine with documentation in German..ffs

#89 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

View PostFunbags, on 11 September 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Thats just the tip of the iceberg. Don't forget about the people that were banned in game as well because of his actions.

What you say?!

It's obvious somone else set Niko up the bomb.

For great justice!

#90 Nutlink

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationMountain Man!

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

@theGerf: Was this not your own words?
"You only thought it was a friendly community because any dissenting opinion was silenced or removed."

That would implicate that this is in fact NOT a welcoming community. "YOU ONLY THOUGHT IT WAS..." Meaning that you in your own mindset believe that this is an unwelcoming Community

The MWO community is, in fact, not a very welcoming community. It used to be, but after everything that's happened, not so much anymore.

The greater BT community, however, is a lot better. Unless you start discussing Dark Age, level 3 rules, and hyper advanced tech. A lot of that is just asking for a fight.

#91 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

No one IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would ever touch this IP again because we would IN FACT do that same to them regardless of how well they might do?

We don't blame the giant robots. We blame the people who run the game at a jerky, apathetic pace. We blame the people who say one thing and produce something entirely different, ignore feedback, attempt to ban their way to a Utopia of forums, and so on.

MWO has not "done well" by the franchise. Not at all. It has survived on the dwindling goodwill of those that want the franchise to survive- and many, IMHO would gladly put MWO to the torch if it rose like a phoenix *ahem* from the flames.

And last-word-locking the thread with an half-baked apology was precisely the wrong thing to do for Niko. He should take it under advisement and unlock the thread- as what was done is an A+ example of one-way communication.

Community takes two way streets. As you can see, it really hasn't done much to calm things down thanks to the nature of the possibly attempted apology *ahem ahem* and immediate threadlock for "last word".

#92 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

@zone wolf: What makes you so sure? I mean....would you really trust another company with this IP? I mean...what if the guys at Star Citizen got ahold of the IP and start charging Mechs for...$600? $700? Lets Face it. NOBODY here would trust this IP with anyone ever again.

#93 TopDawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

If we're all so angry then why are we still here? Why keep coming to a place that continuously angers you all to the point of Aneurism? If everything is how we all say it is then why keep coming back? As you all say its obvious that NOTHING GOOD has ever come out of PGI or MWO

I'm here because I write posts like this? While trying to give tempered responses to foster healthy discussion? Perhaps the opposite of posts like this one I've quoted?

It's impossibly difficult to make blanket statements about any community. It certainly doesn't stop people from trying, though.

#94 Plek

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

View Postmiliardo, on 11 September 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

Not true at all..give it to BioWare, give it back to Microsoft, Crytek..heck give it to any other company that produced at least three highly successful AAA games in the past 10 years and let them fund it themselves, and then charge it 40$ and charge a monthly subscription of 5$ and I'll pay them even if it means no eating tomorrow...

But this PGI company, they just proved that they can't make a decent game..they just don't know.. I have a feeling that they are outsourcing Indian programmers of 16-18 years of age to do their coding in CryEngine with documentation in German..ffs
All they have to prove is that they can get money out of an IP. I know EA for one doesn't give any kind of crap about ruining an IP for a quick cash-in, so as long as PGI can show that they can squeeze money out of an idea, they'll keep getting rights to do it.

#95 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

@zone wolf: What makes you so sure? I mean....would you really trust another company with this IP? I mean...what if the guys at Star Citizen got ahold of the IP and start charging Mechs for...$600? $700? Lets Face it. NOBODY here would trust this IP with anyone ever again.

Way to speak for the entire community.

Shall we start a thread saying you are now the mouth of the community?

#96 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

Sure. Why not. Then I can help get this IP removed from everyone, Lock it in a safe buried 10 miles down and no one will screw it up again

#97 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Niko is still the victim in his mind. I love it when people 'apologize' for how others receive or view another persons conduct.
To say I am sorry if you felt that way means you're necessarily a tool and a loser.
To say I am sorry for what I did is what a man would do.

There is no evidence to suggest Niko, or PGI has learned from this debacle and it would be foolish to think that anything will change as a result of this.

#98 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Will someone at least quote the context of the locked thread for newcomers?

Niko attempted to make a subreddit on a PGI project that solely and heavily moderated by PGI only.

This is a serious Reddit no-no. Reddit proceeded to ban all of PGI's people ("shadowbanning", which simply hides all content from the user in question), Niko comes on and blames it all on a Goon Conspiracy then gets a bit snippy.

An army of Founders calls him out on it, MWO's failings, and basically takes the entire MWO experience to the toolshed and tans it's backside with a willow switch. Niko finally produces something vaguely apology-shaped and locks the whole thing instantly afterwards.

#99 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

Sure. Why not. Then I can help get this IP removed from everyone, Lock it in a safe buried 10 miles down and no one will screw it up again

But...but...it's dark buried that far down. I'm scurred of down there :(

#100 ZoneWolf

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostDomoneky, on 11 September 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

There is NO way that the people at Star citizen would EVER charge $600.... 700 or more for mechs. Not for a game like this.
for a dropship that you could walk around in and view your mechs and engage in space/ ground combat in high detail with an amazing story line and excitement with friends.... YES and you know what I would pay it too.

I have ALWAYS wanted a game like that and if someone could actually put together a super quality game like that I say

BRING IT ON!

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users