#21 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:22 PM

View PostLeopardo, on 20 January 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

guys i want to get my fps up on radeon integrated chip in my notebook!! can i?

If you're machine has turbo boost. Turn that off! I thought it was of but i used amd overdrive to disable turbo core and used ccc to make sure that the cpu is running at maximum allowable clock speed (NOT OC i might add). And invest in a cooling fan stand for it.

Edited by mad kat, 12 February 2015 - 04:33 AM.

#22 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

I am able to run it on my laptop which only has a HD 4000 graphics card. It doesnt work well and occasionally some buildings may be invisible but i can play on it.

#23 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:25 PM

View Postcranect, on 09 February 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

I am able to run it on my laptop which only has a HD 4000 graphics card. It doesnt work well and occasionally some buildings may be invisible but i can play on it.

Have you made changes that was written in this topic?

#24 xBamfo

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:35 AM

Are you serious? A crash to desktop because of integrated graphics? Not... idk... Just a low framerate? Come on. That's ridiculous. At least if I could get into the game, I could actually adjust the settings myself to get the framerate at a place where I can enjoy the game. It's pretty easy to lower graphics settings when it's clear that you're not getting good performance.

So, I have a question. You say that these settings into the xml file will force the minimum settings. Will it do that every time? Am I forever trapped at this? Or is it just a fix to let me in the game, so I can go in and raise the settings to my liking? Because if I have to edit every individual number and restart the game 10+ times to get my optimal options, then sorry, but you've lost me as a potential player, and potential customer. Which means, less $$$ for you.

Also, there's another problem. I can't find this attributes file you mention. It doesn't seem to be anywhere in the install folder, and there's also nothing for MechWarrior, especially MechWarrior profiles, in my documents section either. So, if this is something that is created after a successful login, then I guess I'm screwed.

Edited by xBamfo, 20 March 2015 - 05:07 AM.

#25 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:19 PM

On my new Dell XPS 13 laptop (Intel HD 5500, Intel i5-5200U@2.2Ghz) I get about 30fps normally, barely over 20 fps when combat is going on. This is at 1280x720 and all graphics settings Low. I'll bet the HUD takes up a lot of that but I couldn't figure out how to hide the HUD.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 01 June 2015 - 05:23 PM.

#26 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:22 PM

thank you! see, i knew that this was possible!

i was going through this a few years ago and support simply told me to go home!

PGI DOES love us <3<3 :wub:

#27 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:46 PM

Been playing for months, and with my HD 4000 got a message launching MWO tonight of "Unsupported video card, you may experience problems".

I don't know if this was from the update the other day, but never gotten that message before tonight.

As much as I'm glad to all the in cockpit screen animations, being able to turn toe off for those of us with low end cards might help too.

#28 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:26 AM

View PostLadyDanams, on 05 December 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

As much as I'm glad to all the in cockpit screen animations, being able to turn toe off for those of us with low end cards might help too.

You can turn them off.

#29 stalorato

Rookie

• Master Sergeant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:05 AM

How?

#30 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:48 AM

View PostEmpty Space, on 13 December 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:

How?

It's a check box on the Settings screen; I just missed it before.

#31 star20423

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:06 PM

I have a Nvidia GTX 960M on a laptop with integrated Intel HD 4600.
It crashes before entering the mech bay on launch. I got it to work by disabling the Nvidia GTX 960M in device manager, and simply running only in the Intel HD 4600. But all the load goes to the CPU.
Perhaps having a function like other graphics intensive software to disable GPU acceleration would be good.

#32 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:54 AM

View Poststar20423, on 07 January 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

I have a Nvidia GTX 960M on a laptop with integrated Intel HD 4600.
It crashes before entering the mech bay on launch. I got it to work by disabling the Nvidia GTX 960M in device manager, and simply running only in the Intel HD 4600. But all the load goes to the CPU.
Perhaps having a function like other graphics intensive software to disable GPU acceleration would be good.

I've seen similar setups mess with games before. The Nvidia software controls which card (Nvidia or the integrated) is used with each application. Sometimes you need to go into the Nvidia control panel and specifically tell it which card to use for a program instead of letting it detect automatically; it doesn't always get it right.

#33 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:36 AM

At least... Thanks PGI - I hope my Intel HD 3000 will keep the pace now :)

#34 stormwarriorpoet

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:06 PM

ok i run intel hd 4000 my directory
my pc/stormlionshd /user/myname/saved game/mechwarrioronline

open it up i see /logs and crashdump.dmp nothing else where do i change the file if i cant find it?

#35 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:32 AM

Sorry for necroposting, but it's a revelant thread, also it's pinned, so I'm going to ask:

Is anyone using Intel (U)HD 620? I know that it has a performance roughly on par with minimum requiremented NVIDIA: 8800 GT / AMD: Radeon HD 5670.

And I've heard that HD 630 and Iris Plus 640 & 650 would be quite decent option for MwO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users