So Russ, How About A Clarification On Synch Dropping?

70 replies to this topic

#61 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:45 AM

Thank you for the response Russ, I will offer no opinion on the matter this day forward. Good luck.

#62 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:55 AM

lol this thread again

#63 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:07 AM

EDIT: Nevermind, saw Mud make peace with the whole issue. Glad this is over.

Over.

Never again.

Right?

View Postgeodeath, on 14 September 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

What if nobody cares? Go whine about LRMs or something. People will never tire of crying for nerfs and that is why this game is beginning to suck so terribly. The devs seem to hear the nerf whine and "poof" a good piece of equipment or game mechanic becomes crap. Then the server population drops and they have to dream up some gimmick to get people to play.

Learn to play and quit trying to get the rules changed.

What are you on about? DV was just stating that much of what Mud here has seen in the past has been entirely due to chance. Are you sure you weren't directing that at the OP?

Edited by AUSwarrior24, 15 September 2014 - 01:08 AM.

#64 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:09 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 14 September 2014 - 04:57 AM, said:

What if random is random

What IF ... it ISN'T...?!!!oneoneone111

#65 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:53 AM

Been playing solo queue every day since it came out. Haven't seen any sync drops. Since unit tags, hardly ever see more than 2 people with same tags in game, 95% times the two that do have same tags are on different teams. Sync dropping never worked reliably to begin with anyway, even back in days of 4-man groups trying to sync. Now people don't need to sync to play together, nobody even tryes it anymore. Its a team game, instead of trying to blame losses on mythical sync drops, go find yourself a few buddies to team up with and play in group queue where everybody is a sync-drop.

#66 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:35 AM

I've seen a few sync drops... including the ones I've been in in.

Before you hate me, be aware that the ones I've been in are with my 12yo and 9yo sons... They generally only like to play MWO when they can shoot at me.

Edited by Appogee, 15 September 2014 - 02:37 AM.

#67 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:14 AM

View PostRouken, on 14 September 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

I was fairly certain I had read that 2-4 person groups were being added back to solo queue. However, I'm unable to find it now. I doubt it was much more recent than that tweet either. So perhaps I only imagined it. In any case, that makes it really unlikely. I'm not going to sit down and do a combinatorics problem but I imagine the odds of putting together even a 4 man is unlikely.

Not sure if somebody has beaten me to it but that was a thing when 5-10 person groups came around, then PGI changed their mind about it not too much later so now solo is strictly solo.

You're right that 2-4 person groups in solo queue was a thing, but it didn't work out I guess, and putting all group sizes in the group queue apparently made the group queue less of a nightmare (before 3-3-3-3 came along anyways...) so it's just stuck that way ever since.

At the time I thought 2-4 person groups in the solo queue was cool because the matchmaker still limited only 1 group per team, but after thinking about it I really think it's better that the solo queue is strictly solo now.

Edited by Pjwned, 15 September 2014 - 05:16 AM.

#68 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 14 September 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

I didn't read through the entire thread so sorry if I missed the point.

There are no groups in solo queue of any size ever. So you could try to sync drop as individuals I suppose but as to groups they all go in the group queue no exceptions ever.

And how do we teahc complete newbies the game when they get popped in 10 seconds in the group queue? at least 2 man groups should be able to choose if they wana group or solo drop.

#69 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:02 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 14 September 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

Can we try not to get into I never see it propaganda. Have an entire 40 page thread with lots of admissions including groups and factions.

Feel free to check out the thread and see for yourselves.

http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

Fair is fair. Propaganda to counter propaganda. All weekend I didn't see groups in PUGs and I was watching Tags.

:ph34r: =Russ.
Feels good finally saying that! :)

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 15 September 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#70 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:36 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 15 September 2014 - 12:45 AM, said:

Thank you for the response Russ, I will offer no opinion on the matter this day forward. Good luck.

First post from Mud I've ever "liked" :)

#71 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostPjwned, on 15 September 2014 - 05:14 AM, said:

Not sure if somebody has beaten me to it but that was a thing when 5-10 person groups came around, then PGI changed their mind about it not too much later so now solo is strictly solo.

You're right that 2-4 person groups in solo queue was a thing, but it didn't work out I guess, and putting all group sizes in the group queue apparently made the group queue less of a nightmare (before 3-3-3-3 came along anyways...) so it's just stuck that way ever since.

At the time I thought 2-4 person groups in the solo queue was cool because the matchmaker still limited only 1 group per team, but after thinking about it I really think it's better that the solo queue is strictly solo now.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I remember them putting all groups in the group queue and the solo queue was all solo players. At some point I could have sworn I read that they were reintroducing 2-4 mans to the solo queue. Does that fit the timeline you're describing?

The point is moot, really. We know for sure that currently the solo queue is what its name implies. The only question now is "Is Rouken crazy?" To which I reply: Stop telling me to burn things.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users