Hai Guise

It is good to see you back Roadbeer

#143 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:14 PM

Thanks for the unbann Russ. I really appreciate it and will not troll the forum any longer. See you on the battlefield.

P.S: It was nice to get my founders mechs and MC back and CBills, will be investing more money in the game in the near future now!

#144 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

Nice try !

But a lot of players will never come back. Two years of strange decisions and a lot of failures cannot be undone by a simple "please come back" strategy. The people moved away to other games and thats it.

But maybe the "good things" that happend during the last weeks will help that the actual players stay for many years now.

#145 Redinator

• PipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 62 posts
  • LocationRealm Of The Bloody Hangar

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

Nice move, i hope the now unbanned people will appreciate this :)

#146 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:38 AM

View PostDesintegrator, on 18 September 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

Nice try !

But a lot of players will never come back. Two years of strange decisions and a lot of failures cannot be undone by a simple "please come back" strategy. The people moved away to other games and thats it.

But maybe the "good things" that happend during the last weeks will help that the actual players stay for many years now.

I think each such player will decide for themselves, and given the love for this IP (love hurts...) I think many will in fact come back if they believe that sufficient progress has been made and some portion of their concerns addressed.

I'm not even really "back" - just hoping that this new direction will result in something closer to the game the Founders were sold.

PGI shows us a somewhat functional CW by December or shortly thereafter, and maybe addresses some of the bigger concerns re: ECM, Ghost Heat, convergence / PPFLD, clan / IS balance... they don't even have to "fix everything" in some perfect manner or address every single issue. If the overall sense is that they have heard and are listening and are trying and they make a few smart moves, yeah, I'd bet a lot of us will come back.

Not just for free stuff; we like free stuff, but what we want is, as my repetitive mantra used to say at the end of every post...

"We just want the game we were sold in 2012." :D

#147 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

I think a lot of the reason I was banned was passion and love of the IP, admittedly I was also abusing a lot of substances at the time and had a pretty crazy relationship at home but underneath all that angst were legitimate concerns that I felt weren't being heard by the devs. It does look like they are taking steps in the right direction but it has been quite a long process since many of us bought our founders packs, I was one of the first people on this site and worked on the long defunct IS3025, community attempt at brining back MPBT:3025/Solaris. By the time this game was announced we had all watched the MW3015 trailer for what 8 or 9 months? Many of us were salivating for this game by the time it was announced it would become MW:O. I think a lot of us were used to dealing with larger publishers that could throw more money at the game and in IGP/PGI case the speed at which they could realistically develop a next gen game wasnt quite what we were used to dealing with in the past leading to an overall sense of frustration. Later down the road I now realise that this is the best we are going to get and we mine as well try to be positive about the development of the game. I knew there was no way the could meet their initial time tables, I think many of us just wanted them to admit it, open communication.

P.S can I have my founders bade back :-/ ???

#148 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostAndrewOsis, on 19 September 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

I think a lot of the reason I was banned was passion and love of the IP, admittedly I was also abusing a lot of substances at the time and had a pretty crazy relationship at home but underneath all that angst were legitimate concerns that I felt weren't being heard by the devs. It does look like they are taking steps in the right direction but it has been quite a long process since many of us bought our founders packs, I was one of the first people on this site and worked on the long defunct IS3025, community attempt at brining back MPBT:3025/Solaris. By the time this game was announced we had all watched the MW3015 trailer for what 8 or 9 months? Many of us were salivating for this game by the time it was announced it would become MW:O. I think a lot of us were used to dealing with larger publishers that could throw more money at the game and in IGP/PGI case the speed at which they could realistically develop a next gen game wasnt quite what we were used to dealing with in the past leading to an overall sense of frustration. Later down the road I now realise that this is the best we are going to get and we mine as well try to be positive about the development of the game. I knew there was no way the could meet their initial time tables, I think many of us just wanted them to admit it, open communication.

P.S can I have my founders bade back :-/ ???

This is a very self-aware and mature post. You've got my respect for it. :)

#149 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

I'm back as well, if anyone cares :)

#150 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 16 September 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

Hai Guise

Glad to see you back Roadbeer.

#151 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

View Postpwnface, on 19 September 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

I'm back as well, if anyone cares :)

Of course we care

#152 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

A great choice in extending the Olive Branch. Here's hoping the forums don't devolve into "White Knight" name calling and PGI bashing again. I know a few of them are still bitter, but hopefully those particular people stay away, or decide to approach the problems they have from a constructive angle.

#153 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostAMT527, on 15 September 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

I'm fairly skeptical of this approach. It almost gives off the suspicion that a large amount of people may have been wrongly banned when it comes PGI's view of the situation. I just hope this doesn't bring the rest of us more issues to deal with. Considering it's the players for the most part that have to bring these situations to support. It never has seemed like we've had people from the developers side of things, searching toxic players out. I do appreciate that Russ is trying to help those who have many been wrongly banned. I just hope the rest of us don't have to baby sit people who choose to act like children, because of this. We should have confidence in the future when it comes to the "Code of Conduct", the "Terms of Use", and "Supports" ability refer to that when deciding when someone should be banned.

Well we don't know how much IGP played a role in having people 'banned' or enforcing CoC/ToU, and secondly this is part of Russ' new age of user interaction and communication. I'm all for the Olive Branch being extended. To me, it doesn't mean PGI is admitting to any 'wrongful' banning, but that they're looking forward, more so, than they are looking back.

Here's to a new age of MWO, but please let's keep the complaints about Ghost Heat to a minimum. :P
Though if we can find a better alternative that PGI agrees to, that'd be greeeeeat.

#154 Deviator

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:50 PM

Can someone help me out, I dont really get what this thread about.

Is this about people that were banned from the forums, or about game accounts that were banned? And why dont these banned people just make new accounts?

Also are there any special rules I need to follow to not get banned that I can read up somewhere?

#155 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:13 PM

View PostDeviator, on 19 September 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

Can someone help me out, I dont really get what this thread about.

Is this about people that were banned from the forums, or about game accounts that were banned? And why dont these banned people just make new accounts?

Also are there any special rules I need to follow to not get banned that I can read up somewhere?

Well there are the Terms of Use and Code of Conduct that you can read. But basically, I'd say follow the 'golden' or 'platinum' rules of life and you shouldn't have a problem.

As for the Thread, Russ has started a new email for communication with us the users. While the email has other purposes at the moment he wants to use it to communicate with user who have been banned.

As to why a user might not want to just start a new account (which I'm sure some may have done). Would you really want to start over on a new account, if your original account was one you had invested hundreds of dollars into and to which you were now being denied access?

Edited by Monsoon, 19 September 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#156 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:29 PM

Also..
I don't alt. I've always been Roadbeer, TheRoadbeer and even once, Roadbeere (the last e ghosted and I didn't notice until I accepted, the Gaul of it all :P ). If I'm gone from the community, I don't sneak around under another name, I'm just gone.

Edited by Roadbeer, 19 September 2014 - 03:30 PM.

#157 Redoxin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostMonsoon, on 19 September 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

As to why a user might not want to just start a new account (which I'm sure some may have done). Would you really want to start over on a new account, if your original account was one you had invested hundreds of dollars into and to which you were now being denied access?

Ok so we are talking about ingame bans here not just forums? Which people get over writing something on forums? Seems weird to get your account banned over something so silly.

#158 Tectonic

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHuntress via Circe

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostRedoxin, on 19 September 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

Ok so we are talking about ingame bans here not just forums? Which people get over writing something on forums? Seems weird to get your account banned over something so silly.

May seem silly, but the forums were really toxic for a time, people (myself included) were avoiding it like the plague. Not a good place to be for a company. It sucks, but it was a necessary evil.

#159 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

Hi everyone!

#160 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 19 September 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

Hi everyone!

Posted Image

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 19 September 2014 - 05:46 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users