• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostFerretGR, on 16 September 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

Ain't nobody can top that.

No lie. No lie. Rabbits with Pancakes on their head just got made obsolete. Roomba SharkCat is the new Meta.

#82 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:00 AM

View PostFerretGR, on 16 September 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

If you'll indulge me: I used to live in a northern community. We had an air ambulance service because of our remote location and distance to major health care centres, but the provincial government at the time cut the service and we were forced to rely on a distant air ambulance service, increasing the wait time by hours in cases. About a month later, our premier visited and gave a talk about how her government had improved health care services in the area. I asked how the removal of services could possibly improve service to the area, or for that matter, do anything other than degrade the level of service. She couldn't give me a straight answer.

I have a feeling the same is true here. Why weren't 100% of PGI's "resources" dedicated to MWO? What were those programmers/designers/mapmakers/graphics experts/etc doing instead of working on MWO? Sitting on their hands? How can a small shop dedicating some of its programmers and design team to another project NOT negatively impact the level of service that MWO receives? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm asking for an honest and clear explanation. Like the politician in my anecdote, they might simply be spinning the facts, or lying outright.

I choose to think of it as the person who concepted a certain part of the game, art, or mechanics, and now that it's been rolled out, their full attention is no longer needed here. They might be consulted once in a while to give feedback on a particular change to their original design, but overall, their attention is best spent elsewhere (and hey, this reallocation might have saved them from being let go, long live Garth!).

#83 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM

Interesting thread

Edit:

just remember, you don't have to be a white to enjoy MWO, nor do you have to be a cheerleader in order to support and help improve the experience for everyone.

Edited by Sandpit, 16 September 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#84 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 September 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

Not at all.

Go make yourself a niv¡ce long negative QQ thread and whinge to your hearts content. I'm sure you can get a dozen or so posters to commiserate at your pity party.

Seems to speak more for the pathetic state of some peoples personal lives, or self esteem when they feel inexorably drawn to every positive thread, for the sole point of trying to piss in other people's cheerios, than it does for the "pathetic state of the game" one of your compatriots is trying to spin.

Making good, reasoned counter arguments and post is healthy, for the game and the community. You used to be good at that. Chasing after every thread to spread your personal gloom and doom spiel is not that. It's pretty much just bad trolling.

niv¡ce? i presume you mean nice

These boards unless you have somehow become the admin, are discussion boards, this very category is general discussion, someone has posted their opinion, i have posted that i disagree with said opinion because free mechs while nice don't fix the deficiencies that are present.

Just over a week ago you were lamenting the same deficiencies i am speaking off, but suddenly that does not matter any more because you have free stuff?

I am a seasoned troll, anyone that lived through several years on Netbattletech's leadership forums would be.

But i find myself questioning who is actually doing the trolling in these threads, me or you?

Because you'll find your posts (repeated multiple times across a variety of threads) attack and belittle anyone who does not share your (current subject to change like the wind) rosey opinion.

#85 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostEscef, on 15 September 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

While I don't count myself amongst the white knights, I generally end up fighting against the same negativity and jackassery they do, so I at least count them as allies (most of the time).

Though I still expect massive negativity from the same places as before, for now I raise a glass with the white knights. I will never be as positive as you guy are, but damned if this isn't a good day not just for you, but for the playerbase as a whole.

I feel similar. I see great potential for this franchise but am skeptical and limit myself to minimum buy-ins(for reasons in MWO and outside gaming).

Does this make us Gray knights? Neither Jedi nor Sith???

#86 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

Giving away a bunch of giant robots does not a miracle conversion make.

Fixes to gameplay. Regular additions to map content. Successfully grafting community warfare into MWO.

I am not one to be placated by beads and blankets. They are an apology gift that only means something if the previous course is changed.

#87 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

View Postwanderer, on 16 September 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Fixes to gameplay. Regular additions to map content. Successfully grafting community warfare into MWO.

I am not one to be placated by beads and blankets. They are an apology gift that only means something if the previous course is changed.

I think that's what most of us are hoping for

#88 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

Holy crap. If it snows in Florida today I won't be surprised, Road and Sand are back lol.

#89 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostSaxie, on 16 September 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Holy crap. If it snows in Florida today I won't be surprised, Road and Sand are back lol.

Scary ain't it? lol

#90 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:35 AM

You're in this bucket... now you, over there? You're in that bucket. No no, you're not allowed to have a viewpoint other than that which the bucket you belong to.

Seriously.

The whole thing is comical.

Give props when they are due. Give criticism (AND ideas to fix) when necessary.

Walk the line.

#91 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:35 AM

View Postcdlord, on 16 September 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

I choose to think of it as the person who concepted a certain part of the game, art, or mechanics, and now that it's been rolled out, their full attention is no longer needed here. They might be consulted once in a while to give feedback on a particular change to their original design, but overall, their attention is best spent elsewhere (and hey, this reallocation might have saved them from being let go, long live Garth!).

I can see that, and it makes sense given what little I know about the gaming industry (which basically amounts to "it's different from the industry I work in", to be fair). That said, the game obviously will need some resources which are surely in demand by MWO as well: programmers, in a general sense, I would think, would still be necessary here, and would certainly be necessary there.

#92 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

Guise...

I posted a video of a cat in a shark costume riding a roomba.

/thread.

#93 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 16 September 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Guise...

/thread.

Sorry we're just not used to your presence.

#94 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 16 September 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

niv¡ce? i presume you mean nice

These boards unless you have somehow become the admin, are discussion boards, this very category is general discussion, someone has posted their opinion, i have posted that i disagree with said opinion because free mechs while nice don't fix the deficiencies that are present.

Just over a week ago you were lamenting the same deficiencies i am speaking off, but suddenly that does not matter any more because you have free stuff?

I am a seasoned troll, anyone that lived through several years on Netbattletech's leadership forums would be.

But i find myself questioning who is actually doing the trolling in these threads, me or you?

Because you'll find your posts (repeated multiple times across a variety of threads) attack and belittle anyone who does not share your (current subject to change like the wind) rosey opinion.

wow, so being appreciative of getting a nice gesture means we have suddenly stopped all other aspects of objectivity. Duly noted.

SMH.

And that is why you guys have lost credibility. You call us White Knights, for simply not being negative ALL the time. The issues and aspect I take feel are broken, I still am pushing on. But I try to do it in a constructive manner.

The only white here, is your black and white world view.

View PostSandpit, on 16 September 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

I think that's what most of us are hoping for

and what some of us have dared to show appreciation for.

#95 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

View Postwanderer, on 16 September 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

At this point, how often would you guys like to introduce new content/store items/features/etc. per year?

[PAUL] A bi-weekly release schedule would be ideal. I've played numerous on-line games where content stagnated and it became very frustrating waiting for promised items and not having them show up. We'll be working with our art team and content teams to make sure we get items and maps out in a timely manner. Content is the longest game development process so we'll be working diligently to get you the stuff as soon as possible.

https://mwomercs.com...-developer-qa-2

Thats what they want too

#96 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:42 AM

View PostSI The Joker, on 16 September 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

You're in this bucket... now you, over there? You're in that bucket. No no, you're not allowed to have a viewpoint other than that which the bucket you belong to.

Seriously.

The whole thing is comical.

Give props when they are due. Give criticism (AND ideas to fix) when necessary.

Walk the line.

Foreign concept apparently.

I have criticized (and at times frothing raged) and complimented, as, and when I felt it merited.

Because at the core, even with the CW delay/fiasco, and some migraine inspiring "Balance" attempts, I still find the game highly enjoyable, of course I am a rose colored glasses wearing White Knight.

Whatever.

#97 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:42 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 September 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

wow, so being appreciative of getting a nice gesture means we have suddenly stopped all other aspects of objectivity. Duly noted.

SMH.

And that is why you guys have lost credibility. You call us White Knights, for simply not being negative ALL the time. The issues and aspect I take feel are broken, I still am pushing on. But I try to do it in a constructive manner.

The only white here, is your black and white world view.

and what some of us have dared to show appreciation for.

Yessir! There are things I like less than I wish I did. But hey, that's the nature of the game. Do I feel the need to call for someone's job over this? Nope! I choose to think of the giveaway and their (especially Russ') recent interaction on these very forums a very positive thing. 2014 has been a good year for MWO development. Since PGI's announcement about IGP, that upward movement has been put into overdrive. I am optimistic and personally validated to defend PGI when and where necessesary.

#98 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 16 September 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Guise...

/thread.

sorry..... dunno what you want...too distracted rewatching roomba sharcat over and over again.....

#99 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 September 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

sorry..... dunno what you want...too distracted rewatching roomba sharcat over and over again.....

Yeah but I watch it and keep thinking... Why didn't they put the Jaws theme in there... :(

#100 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostHoax415, on 15 September 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

Yeah nothing like Transverse being completely demolished and on a course for failure thanks to their misdeeds followed by Niko summoning countless angry founders with the reddit gaffe to remind PGI how much damage they have done to their own brand through past misdeeds.

Now they know they won't be getting any space money so suddenly its time to treat robot players like they matter again.

Oh? What's that? Its just in time to sell another grab deal?

Hmmm where have we seen this script before.

-CW in 90 days. Check. Notice we have seen no screenshots of these supposedly engineered aspects yet.
-Grab deal on the horizons.
-Promises in the air.
-Sudden open lines of communication and attempts at reconciliation.

Look, its possible that finally PGI realizes what a good thing they have with this IP and this community who has stuck with them DESPITE all their bs. Maybe they will finally start treating MWO and its players a lot better now. Anything is possible. But that they are buttering you saps up before another grab deal should not be surprising. The 1 year stuff is generous and the posts have been nice but we still aren't seeing real verifiable work being done on CW and there's no sign that map production has become faster so I find it strange that you lot are chortling as if some major new era has begun. I truly hope so but this victory lap thread is premature to say the least.

All we have so far are napkin plans and vague outlines and the promise that they have actually been working CW for real this time.

I'm sure some of you think I should thank you for funding the game but I also believe that people falling for this exact song and dance over and over is why PGI has never actually tried to do better as caretakers of the BT brand. Until the chickens came home to roost and their new game's crowd funding was stillborn they could continue to lie and cheat their way around doing hard work in favor of just producing mechs and selling MC while ignoring anything else that required more than spreadsheet variable tweaks.

Which is why I'm not buying anything until it has been proven through actions and not just words.

Last few days have been very interesting to say the least.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users