New Weapon Hardpoint

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Support Hardpoint (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the MG, Flamer, TAG, NARC be given a seperate hardpoint

1. Yes (1 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

2. No (20 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

3. Maybe (4 votes [16.00%])

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Leopardao

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral
  • Korpral
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

Rather simple idea I had and was wondering what others thought of it.

The machine gun, flamer, tag, and narc are all more of support weapons. That's when it hit me, what if these weapons were removed from there current ballistic, energy, missile hardpoint and given there very own hardpoint; Support.

I was thinking for mech design this would end up generating some interesting redesigns in a bunch of mechs while opening up some options in other mechs.

#2 Cyberiad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:22 PM

I think you should be able to jam multiple MGs into a single ballistics hardpoint. They are supposed to be used in arrays after all.

#3 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

I voted "No"

However I do believe that there should be a 4th "Support" type of hardpoint that would be occupied by TAG, BAP, ECM, AMS, Command Consoles, and Targeting Computers

I think Machine Guns, Flamers and NARC should all stay where they are.

Edited by HlynkaCG, 16 September 2014 - 07:21 PM.

#4 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:45 AM

View PostSiliconLife, on 16 September 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

I think you should be able to jam multiple MGs into a single ballistics hardpoint. They are supposed to be used in arrays after all.

Double light weapons per hardpoint sounds nice (small lasers, MGs). You can drop the number of slots on some mechs while being able to maintain the same loadout. It strikes me as add that some mechs can only fit 1 MG while they are large enough to pick up an Ember and wave it in front of them.

Splitting the hardpoint system in sizes might also help. A heavy hardpoint can mount 2 (very) light weapons but a light hardpoint cannot mount a large weapon. So, the DWF arm with 4Es cannot mount a PPC.

#5 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:14 AM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 17 September 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

Splitting the hardpoint system in sizes might also help. A heavy hardpoint can mount 2 (very) light weapons but a light hardpoint cannot mount a large weapon. So, the DWF arm with 4Es cannot mount a PPC.

The "sized hardpoint" thing has been done to death and is going off-topic.

#6 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

I agree only for tag .

#7 Leopardao

• PipPipPip
  • Korpral
  • Korpral
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 17 September 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

Double light weapons per hardpoint sounds nice (small lasers, MGs). You can drop the number of slots on some mechs while being able to maintain the same loadout. It strikes me as add that some mechs can only fit 1 MG while they are large enough to pick up an Ember and wave it in front of them.

If you were going to do this it might be better to as you said reduce the number of hard points and instead ADD the arrays, so they could have a 1, 2 and 3 array machine gun, they all use 1 ballistic slot, it is simply a matter of tonnage and critical slots. But you probably would have to revoke some or all of the machine guns bonus range at that point (supposed be an optimum range of 90 meters).

#8 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

Yes for TAG.

The rest I'm still at maybe.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users