3 replies to this topic

#1 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:45 AM

Hello, guys.

I'd like to have all mechs equipped with a rear-facing camera, to allow for better control in tight quarters and the capacity to back up effectively without running into something.

Mechwarrior 4 had this feature, and it made for excellent use in cities, and even simply to avoid hitting your comrades or other obstructions when needing to evade or move.

I've run into this circumstance more than once where I've been backing up, hit something, then ended up unable to maneuver and was torn apart quickly. Had I known something was behind me, I would have been abl to escape.

The Mechwarrior 4 key for the rear camera was NumPad5, as the Number Pad was responsible for controlling directional viewing from the cockpit and even 3rd person. Perhaps we can make use of this feature.

Edited by Commander A9, 16 September 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#2 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

This would be a great addition, and one to look down at your feet.

#3 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:37 AM

Greetings all,

This topic has been brought up many, many times before.

It is an issue with the CryEngine only being able to display one view direction at a time.
- Although this does not stop using a complete change of direction view.

The number pad is currently linked to the 'set' speed increments for the Mech, 1 being 10% and 0 = 100%.
- There has yet to be 'enhanced' work produced for joystick users, and the difference between mouse/keyboard and joystick is great. Mouse has much finer controls and some can change the DPI 'on the fly', depending on normal turning and small 'sniper' movements.

But all is not lost, PGI is working on expanding the 'Spectator' mode views. So we may see some work derived from this being brought into the normal game-mode.

9erRed

#4 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

But I wanna ambush people, I prefer not to have rear cam

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users