If You Block A Dire Wolf While He's Trying To Get Out Of Fire...

75 replies to this topic

#61 Sir Crazy

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 45 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

How about brake lights? They would be automatic and anyone who has ever driven knows what they mean, regardless of language.

#62 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:35 PM

Quite frankly if you are in a Dire wolf you shouldnt be paying peekaboo. you are't agile enough to do it. let mechs that are agile do it or lead the charge

#63 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

I see both point of views here.... and I try to pilot my mech the best I can when in tight quarters with team mates. I always try to be aware and guess my team mates movement and stay out of there way.

I had a guy, and if I am right I think we are not supposed to call out names of other pilots. This Pilot Legged my Locust on tarra thuma about a week ago right at the start of the match. He was in a Nova prime, Trial mech I think, and shot off Six med lasers at me. His buddy, well I think it was his buddy, just stood by and watched and faced me. I thought it was him that did it, because he was also in a nova. This jackass comes on chat and says to me, " Bill you will always remember me."

I came across this guy yesterday, and he was on my team and in a trial spider this time. He had ecm, and I noticed he was on my team right away. Sure enough he came right up behind, and stayed behind me and dodged behind a building when I turned to face him. I was in my Jegar with 3 ultra ac/5's and I warned him in chat, that he better not try that **** again like he did with my Locust. This guy keeps poking out of the building like he was waiting for me to turn and give him my back side. After about a minute of this crap he moves forward. I start to head into the tunnel and proceed to catch up with the team, and sure enough, he comes up behind me as I am starting to engage enemy mechs coming out of the tunnel.

He stays on my ass, like I couldn't hardly see his marker on my mini map as I am trying to push the enemy under the ramp as I came out of the tunnel. I turn, head right out of the tunnel to help engage 4 mechs trying to cap Eps... he is still on my ass the entire time, on purpose. I tried to cut right to get to the cover of the buildings while helping focus fire on one of the enemy mechs, and I turn hard right and torso left to keep fire on them while I duck behind the building. Next thing I know, he is not on my ass anymore, he is blocking me from getting behind the building out of their fire, and on purpose. This douche tried to say he was giving me ecm cover..... lol yeah right. I haven't reported him yet, on either of his team killing/shooting but when I turned and seen him face to face, he was shooting me in the back. I unloaded about 6 rounds of tripple ac/5 into him got behind the building and then was killed after taking way to much damage.

I have the footage of it on fraps, and there is no excuse for this, not even a noob pilot would do what he did. He was doing it so I couldn't backup if I need to for the entire match. If these guys are that unhappy about the game, why don't they go play COD?

I believe that some of these guys that are unhappy with the game are starting to change their tactics thinking if they don't fire the killing shot, and if they block a team mate from getting out the line of fire that its all good and not team killing.

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 16 September 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#64 Grimvid

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 70 posts
  • LocationWith my pack of wolfhounds

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

Happened to my Battlemaster on HPG just now. Can't take the hits of six mechs.

Of course if you are in a jenner and you get behind an enemy direwolf. It is all good.

What about the ability on larger mechs being able to push or displace smaller mechs?

#65 Bounty Dogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

View Postprocess, on 16 September 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

Tandem formation! It's not very effective...

Next time throw the pokeball AFTER you apply sleep....wait what?

#66 Bounty Dogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 16 September 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

Before you ever think "S key = save my mech key" ... remember ... "W key = win key"

If you peek around a corner/through a choke point an a 100 ton 'mech, and see some enemies in front of you, and some friendlies behind/around you ... push through ... get in their face, kick their junk in, and use your 600 points of armor and 300 points of internals to soak up damage. You might die ... in fact you probably will, but you might take some of them with you. And while you're soaking damage, your friendlies can get into the battle while your enemies are using their ammo and heat to melt your armor.

The 3-4 seconds it takes to S Key back from a corner or choke point is the exact same amount of time it should take for four or more mechs to W Key past that same corner or through that same choke point.

W key is win key.

One problem with that Kageru. Assault pilot here...suicidal assault pilot here. I have NO problem dieing for the team....IF it leads to a favorable position for the team.

TOO MANY TIMES in the situation you describe, ive done just that with anywhere from 2-6 friendlies who were right behind me, to find that when I do push, I'm the only one there. Where as, sure as shooting, if I decided that that entanglement would not go our way and decide to back up, I would have had 4 teammates behind me to block my retreat.

It's happened FAR too many times. And other assault pilots will no doubt give similar testimony.

I got no problem dieing for you. I WILL NOT die for you if youre not going to do anything with my sacrifice.

#67 Mazerius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn Your Periphery Stealin Your Planets

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

Put in a back up beeper for all mechs over 60 tons :P everybody should recognize that sound heh.

#68 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

Guys, you know how we could help this issue? Comm Rose. Get on it.

#69 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostBounty Dogg, on 16 September 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

One problem with that Kageru. Assault pilot here...suicidal assault pilot here. I have NO problem dieing for the team ...(and other good stuff) ...

I agree ... tentative "I don't want to rush into the enemy, I might get shot" playstyle from my team mates gets me upset way more often than dying in a glorious ball of fire and only doing a little bit of damage ... particularly when that glorious ball of fire is followed by the rest of my team rushing in and taking advantage of the enemy (which is now one alpha closer than they are to over heating). Win or lose, if I lead a push and am actually followed, I'm usually a happy (if 'mech-less) Assault pilot.

It takes a bit of patience and a bit of coordination, but when it works it is glorious.

By the way, if you're looking for some like-minded folks to drop with, feel free to visit 228th IBR on the mercstar TS3 ... we're always looking for good "suicidal assault pilots" to lead pushes.

#70 Wrayeth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

I don't own a Dire Wolf, but the same principle applies to my Atlases and Banshees. If someone blocks me from retreating by standing right behind me and I take a lot of damage as a result, the culprit may be eating an alpha strike depending on how grumpy I'm feeling. If I don't take a significant amount of damage, I'll just mention it in chat. If it happens again, THEN I'll shoot.

Just my personal take on the matter.

#71 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

Be the water.

#72 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:00 PM

I support this...

-BUT-

...freaking direwhales or any other plodding monstrosities that see me standing in a fire position, actively shooting at the enemy, and decide that THEY are the ones that deserve to be able to unleash glorious freaking torrents of dakka, not me, and proceed to park their fat carcasses in front of me like some behemoth at the movies that could have sat ANYWHERE ELSE, they deserve every amount of passive aggressive chest bumping that they get! The do! It's proven! The science behind it is shaky, but it's there! 100% of people that peek steal me are {Richard Cameron}!

It's like an arms race to see who can actually leap frog in front of people the most to get as close as they can to the enemy without actually engaging. It's like the clan bidding system, ONLY OVER FREAKING DIRT.

"ZOMG YOU SHOT ME IN THE BACK"
"YOU JUST PUT YOUR GODDAMN BACK IN FRONT OF ME! I WAS SHOOTING! YOU SAW THE DAKKA!"

"ZOMG YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF MY WAY!"
"YOU JUST PARALLEL PARKED IN FRONT OF ME AND REVERSED INTO MY CAR! HOW IS THIS MY FAULT? JESUS!"

#73 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:54 AM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 16 September 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

I find a frustrating counterpart to this to be when Mechs ahead of you reach a chokepoint make a small push and then stop right in the chokepoint, now I have to watch helplessly as my teammates get pummeled single file *sighs* if you are pushing a narrow chokepoint, hang back or push through, standing around in the middle isn't going to end well. Maybe we should equip Mechs with horns or loudspeakers ;)

Can you guys put one of those beeping sounds on the Direwolf and Atlas as it is backing up. You know? like a semi or heavy truck makes? IT SHOULD TOTALLY BE A MODULE!!!!

#74 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:59 AM

View PostDocBach, on 16 September 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Worse for me is when I'm trying to reverse back into cover and some jerk is standing behind me

Specially a Spider or Jenner!

#75 William Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:02 AM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 16 September 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

I find a frustrating counterpart to this to be when Mechs ahead of you reach a chokepoint make a small push and then stop right in the chokepoint, now I have to watch helplessly as my teammates get pummeled single file *sighs* if you are pushing a narrow chokepoint, hang back or push through, standing around in the middle isn't going to end well. Maybe we should equip Mechs with horns or loudspeakers ;)

Truth

#76 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

View PostDamien Tokala, on 16 September 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

he reserves ALL right to shoot your face off. seriously people, not cool. don't block people!
Sorry, but no!

There is no excuse for intentional friendly fire. Please read up on the griefing rules (will link it here, once I'm not limited to my mobile).

Closing the thread.

Edited by Egomane, 17 September 2014 - 09:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users