A Suggestion For Pgi Regarding Their Founders

167 replies to this topic

#1 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

Disclaimer: You'll notice on the left that I don't have a Founder's tag.

I've noticed a large number of Founders posting in a certain thread. Leaving the subject of those posts and that thread aside, I saw a tremendous number of blue, yellow, and gold badges, many of whom haven't been on to comment on MWO in a long time.

This made a little sad. Those gold badges mean 'Major Battletech Fan' that was willing to risk their hard-earned cash on a new Mechwarrior game. When that game didn't deliver what they were expecting, a lot of them left. A lot of them for good reasons.

Now, I'm sure their comments are tough for the devs to read. Most of those guys aren't your biggest fans. Some of them get personal and mean. But there's a couple of important things to remember. Those gold tags mean that these people are your target audience. You should *want* them playing - and putting more money - into your Battletech game.

But they aren't right now. Heck, a lot of them are furious with you.

You could get defensive, and decide that you're better off without them, and that you don't need their kind around here. The thing is ...

Those are potential customers. That have made a purchase with you before, and been alienated.

So, he's my modest proposal. Maybe it's the last thing you want to do right now, and maybe it won't even work, but you should read it, and think it over, and maybe even give it a shot.

After Community Warfare delivers - which is going to be before December 21st, right? - PGI needs to offer these guys an olive branch.

Give them something for free. Something substantial. If PGI were my company, I'd create a Hero Atlas (or DDC Champion) with solid hard points (this hero would also be available for sale), the usual 30% C-Bill bonus, and a +5% Loyalty Bonus for each level of Founder's Tag you have. (You should probably retroactively add this to their Founder's 'mechs as well, BTW).

Give your Founders a FREE HERO with a nice bonus, thirty days of Premium Time, and a nice letter, telling them you're sorry it was a rocky road and a long while getting here, but you'd really like to invite them to come back and try Mechwarrior Online again now that Community Warfare is finally live. And here's a nice 'mech and some premium time to play with once they do come back.

This is worth trying, and costs you very little.

And as a side note, we Phoenix customers wouldn't mind a cool toy as well ...

Edited by Malleus011, 11 September 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#2 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

I'm a founder and giving me free stuff is always good. So I can't disagree with that part.

However, you have to realize that most of the people posting in that thread are goons sucking each other off, giving people like them free stuff won't make them not be {LT-MOB-25} suckers.

Just saying.

#3 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:00 AM

It sounds like there may be a loyalty bonus in the new pack being announced next week. We'll see what it is and what the conditions are to get it.

#4 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:02 AM

I'm happy. I think PGI has done a good job, not all decisions I will agree with, but I'll get over them. Looking forward to buying the next Clan pack and getting more MC for the new Hero.

#5 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

Anybody likely to come back and play the game with the full release of CW would do so without a giveaway. Though, I must say, I like the idea of a free Atlas.

#6 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:09 AM

Not sure it would have much impact; the apology itself would go further than the free toys.

But as you can see from Niko's closing post; he'll apologise for the reddit incident.....because in their minds they haven't done anything else that requires an apology.

#7 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostBilbo, on 11 September 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

Anybody likely to come back and play the game with the full release of CW would do so without a giveaway. Though, I must say, I like the idea of a free Atlas.

I have two already... I'd take a Banshee though! ;)

#8 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 11 September 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I have two already... I'd take a Banshee though! ;)

I have many more than that. I could always use another though.

#9 PANZERKAT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

Anyone pointing out the disaster ride we've been on is suddenly a Goon, sucking each other off.

I didn't know so many people were suckers to abuse.

But on the topic of founders...

4 mechs that never see play.

A bonus that was instantly downgraded in value when heroes hit the scene. Not sure why gifting a 35% c bill bonus to founders was out of the question. I mean, even with that they wouldn't see play very often, but it's he thought that counts.

Maybe they'll back track and give founder mechs a loyalty % increase but I doubt it! Bueller? Bueller?

Edited by KOMMISSAR KITTY, 11 September 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#10 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

Not gonna complain about free stuff.

#11 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:17 AM

The idea is good, but I don't think PGI would do anything like that.

And what PGI has done in the past to Founders can't be undone lightly. That stigma stays for the company.

#12 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

Its pointless to try and get the Founders back to play. 90% of them are so deep rooted in their hatred and alienation that they refuse to be involved with anything even remotely with PGI. Even if PGI does this and more They wont come back. The other 10% like myself and a few others here are either somewhat happy or just want to play any MechWarrior Game but the actual core of the Community is gone never to return. Nothing will make The Community happy ever again.

#13 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

This is a great idea. Russ wants to show PGI loyalty to loyal customers, they should look at the original founders who made the game possible from the beginning as much as (even more so perhaps) than people who purchased Clan packs.

#14 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 11 September 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

I'm a founder and giving me free stuff is always good. So I can't disagree with that part.

However, you have to realize that most of the people posting in that thread are goons sucking each other off, giving people like them free stuff won't make them not be {LT-MOB-25} suckers.

Just saying.

~80% of the posters in that thread have fewer than 4 posts, with 4 people having more than 20, including one individual with nearly 50 posts. The rest of that over 15% have between 4 and 20.

Out of 1 235 (So close Niko...you closed it one too late) that is alot of unique posters.

#15 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

I put my money coz I wanted this game to be bigger and better than the other MW I have played.

So long, its been entertaining, but not the best, I just hope this time we really get CW, I hope this will actually give a meaning to the carnage in the battlefield. A meaning to the drama in the different units I've been part of. A meaning to the game.

Lets hope for a CW that will live for years, and it will evolve with time....

If they deliver at least a chunk of it, I will consider to buy more packages from PGI, $440.00 to this day, I just hope it wasn't all for nothing.

#16 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

I don't want free stuff, I want the game they promised us. What use is a shiny new Atlas if it can only be used in that 3PV-GhostHeat-GodmodeECM-BrokenHeatSystem-NoCollision-Etc-Abomination that once was MWO?
Free toys won't bring the Founders back if there is nothing of value they could come back to.

#17 Crazyeyes244

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPlanet Helen

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

Would this actually work? I might reinstall if they did that, but the gameplay is still what drove me away.... (on top of the massive prices/grind).

I've little hope that I can get back into it enough to justify using my STILL BANKED premium time, much less full swing. Barring game-changing miracles of course.

#18 Bacl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUsually between a rock and a Atlas

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

I appreciate the idea and like other said before me i m not against getting free stuff.

What i would really want from them right now is to finish the god damn game they started so long ago and freaking respect the deadlines and promises they set themselves.

http://www.pcgamer.c...ven-sci-fi-mmo/

This is all my grudge concentrated in a single article, they are working on a another game while we have a half baked version of what we were promised.

Stop working on Tranverse for the moment, finish MWO which is long overdue and then when things seems to go smoothly Transverse time.

Edited by Bacl, 11 September 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#19 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

How about at least unlocking the Founder's colors?

#20 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostMalleus011, on 11 September 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Disclaimer: You'll notice on the left that I don't have a Founder's tag.

I've noticed a large number of Founders posting in a certain thread. Leaving the subject of those posts and that thread aside, I saw a tremendous number of blue, yellow, and gold badges, many of whom haven't been on to comment on MWO in a long time.

This made a little sad. Those gold badges mean 'Major Battletech Fan' that was willing to risk their hard-earned cash on a new Mechwarrior game. When that game didn't deliver what they were expecting, a lot of them left. A lot of them for good reasons.

Now, I'm sure their comments are tough for the devs to read. Most of those guys aren't your biggest fans. Some of them get personal and mean. But there's a couple of important things to remember. Those gold tags mean that these people are your target audience. You should *want* them playing - and putting more money - into your Battletech game.

But they aren't right now. Heck, a lot of them are furious with you.

You could get defensive, and decide that you're better off without them, and that you don't need their kind around here. The thing is ...

Those are potential customers. That have made a purchase with you before, and been alienated.

So, he's my modest proposal. Maybe it's the last thing you want to do right now, and maybe it won't even work, but you should read it, and think it over, and maybe even give it a shot.

After Community Warfare delivers - which is going to be before December 21st, right? - PGI needs to offer these guys an olive branch.

Give them something for free. Something substantial. If PGI were my company, I'd create a Hero Atlas (or DDC Champion) with solid hard points (this hero would also be available for sale), the usual 30% C-Bill bonus, and a +5% Loyalty Bonus for each level of Founder's Tag you have. (You should probably retroactively add this to their Founder's 'mechs as well, BTW).

Give your Founders a FREE HERO with a nice bonus, thirty days of Premium Time, and a nice letter, telling them you're sorry it was a rocky road and a long while getting here, but you'd really like to invite them to come back and try Mechwarrior Online again now that Community Warfare is finally live. And here's a nice 'mech and some premium time to play with once they do come back.

This is worth trying, and costs you very little.

And as a side note, we Phoenix customers wouldn't mind a cool toy as well ...

Actually PGI made it very clear quite a while back that the Founder's were no longer the demographic they were designing the game for. They did this but flatly saying, "Founders are no longer the demographic that the game was designed for" which left little doubt of their sincerity in that statement.

Of course this is a big part of why you see so many founders being negative hehe.

Still as to the spirit of you post, yes it would be really nice if PGI did something to mend their broken relationship with the Founders. Honestly in general PGI needs to engage in a major PR campaign to improve their image with more than just the Founders.

Anyway, they have their chance right now and I think most of us Founders that are still around and perfectly willing to give them that second chance to bring us back into the fold so to speak.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users