Clan Xl Shutdown On Torso Loss

307 replies to this topic

#1 Gierling

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

Just as a note, if we end up going with Heat and speed penalties on CLAN XL torso destruction then it should be implemented in such a way that the extra heat has a good chance of causing a shutdown right then and there as the mechs compromised cooling systems struggle to keep up with the excess heat from the engine breach.

So if clans get an extra 50% instantly when they lose a torso it may actually have the desired effect as a shutdown is likely coming with it if they are pushing heat too hard.

#2 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:00 AM

This is why I want the power to reach through the Internet and slap people. We already lose half our ****, and on top of that lose speed and efficiency, but now you want them to shut down? Slap yourself please

#3 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

Is the extra heat not coming from the fact they just lost half their engine heat sinks?

As opposed to giving them extra extra heat which is just stupid.

Edited by DV McKenna, 17 September 2014 - 09:01 AM.

#4 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostGierling, on 17 September 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

Just as a note, if we end up going with Heat and speed penalties on CLAN XL torso destruction then it should be implemented in such a way that the extra heat has a good chance of causing a shutdown right then and there as the mechs compromised cooling systems struggle to keep up with the excess heat from the engine breach.

So if clans get an extra 50% instantly when they lose a torso it may actually have the desired effect as a shutdown is likely coming with it if they are pushing heat too hard.

They will already be in enough trouble at that point without shutting them down just for the hell of it.

#5 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

Excessive, clans don't have standard engines as alternative.

1/3 of engine heat sinks loss and 30% speed loss would be plenty sufficient considering half mech is lost in that moment too.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostDamien Tokala, on 17 September 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

This is why I want the power to reach through the Internet and slap people. We already lose half our ****, and on top of that lose speed and efficiency, but now you want them to shut down? Slap yourself please

IF the Omni is hot enough, it should shut down. Say you are riding the heat curve, Take an engine hit...+15% heat Shut down.

ONLY it should not be Clan only. It needs to be game wide.

#7 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

It would be better to die than to sit there overheating and killed slow.

#8 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 17 September 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

Is the extra heat not coming from the fact they just lost half their engine heat sinks?

As opposed to giving them extra extra heat which is just stupid.

Engine shielding is not dampening the heat from the engine. And computers are just not good in insane heat! Play the game with the furnace on max in a closet see how well YOU, and your computer functions.

#9 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

Side torso lost, I lose about 50% of my firepower and heat efficiency. Not only that, but I lose maybe 35% of my entire movement function, speed, twist, yaw, etc etc. You then want me to shut down right after I suffer all of this so you can keep shooting the crap out of me? Who would ever bother playing clans then

#10 tayhimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 334 posts
  • LocationAn island

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

Forums still full of nerf-bat wielders and whiners. FFS people.

#11 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:10 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 17 September 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Engine shielding is not dampening the heat from the engine. And computers are just not good in insane heat! Play the game with the furnace on max in a closet see how well YOU, and your computer functions.

My point was, clan mechs already run hot (at least the ones outfitted right do) to lose an XL side torso and the heat sinks will push an already riding high heat bar into a chronic situation ( as it should)

There is no need to add more to that situation.

#12 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:10 AM

This is a grate example, of why playing the table top version should be a requirement for this game....

#13 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:12 AM

Thats too much...

Just wait and see how the first nerf works.
I've had enough of Overkill nerfs..
NO MORE DOUBLE WHAMMIES!

#14 Destructicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:13 AM

well this is a terrible idea...
I guess if I couldn't beat clan mechs I'd want to nerf them into useless too
I still play my IS mechs and have no trouble beating clan mechs given how hot they run and how slow the majority of them are.
You wanna blow off one of those huge ST, force a shutdown, then take pot shots at an overheated mech and call it balance?
Then after all that, convince yourself that kill was fair?
If so I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.

#15 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:13 AM

And also, if it's already running hot, and you blow off part of that hot as hell engine, well.... Not much of it is hot now is it? There's a chunk over there on the ground, burning a hole to china

#16 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:17 AM

OP, you may as well just say "Have Clan mechs die on losing a side torso like IS mechs do", then. At least you'd not be trying to be sneaky.

#17 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

op, have you slapped yourself yet?

#18 Heffey

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:32 AM

Bad, but better than the idea someone had awhile ago of locking out the benefits from the Pilot Tree on Clan XL side torso destruction...

Either buy Clan mechs, adjust your playstyle, or stfu people.

#19 Andross Deverow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 458 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

Too excessive. I myself dont use Clan tech but this idea would totally break the game. Loss of heat efficiency and mobility penalty is fine and makes sense. A shutdown though? Not a good idea at all.

Regards

#20 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:35 AM

People still think.... Hey, I'm in a 100ton war machine, I'm untouchable! Then something comes along and slaps them in the face, and they cry OP instead of learning to fight back. WHOLE INNERSPHERE IS BABIES

38 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users