43 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:36 PM

A little bit of me died when i found PGI went for Vulture B instead C variant...

The chances of a 2x Ballistic on each arm would make it glorious and different flavour than just missile + laser spam standing out as a different choice for ballistics.

Well i hope they release a new batch of Omni variants in later months like with Phoenix mechs.

On an unrelated note Hellbringer should be 100% ECM capable on all variants by just using the Left torso omni from prime variant... gonna be interesting.

Edited by Lord Perversor, 17 September 2014 - 03:38 PM.

#2 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

Dammit

#3 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationCarrying pugs up Mount Tryhard

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

The Alt C arms would be especially cool with a -10% or higher ballistic cooldown quirk. You could combine both arms to get SUPER DAKKA, at the obvious downside of no energy. But still, DAKKA.

#4 Raigir

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

I think it stands that getting 3 variants in is just a starting point. We will eventually reach a point hopefully that they add more variants. It would be weird if they decided to only let clan mechs have no more than 3 variants per chassis.

I also just remembered that they may just put in the neccesary omni pods for the diversity, much like they did with the Nova and Kit Fox.

Edited by Raigir, 17 September 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#5 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

We have precedent for them releasing omnipods from variants that aren't in (Nova A, Kit Fox C), and they also told people that they weren't making two-hardpoint variants into official variants because two-hardpoint 'Mechs are boring.

You have half the C variant already, and I guarantee you they weren't going to add extra ballistic hardpoints to it when they didn't give the Summoner Prime any extra hardpoints to keep it from being worthless. Your dakka fix will have to simply come off the Gargoyle instead. Besides, the Mad Dog didn't get screwed even a tenth as hard as the poor li'l Ice Ferret...

Edited by 1453 R, 17 September 2014 - 03:46 PM.

#6 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

View Post1453 R, on 17 September 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

We have precedent for them releasing omnipods from variants that aren't in (Nova A, Kit Fox C), and they also told people that they weren't making two-hardpoint variants into official variants because two-hardpoint 'Mechs are boring.

You have half the C variant already, and I guarantee you they weren't going to add extra ballistic hardpoints to it when they didn't give the Summoner Prime any extra hardpoints to keep it from being worthless. Your dakka fix will have to simply come off the Gargoyle instead. Besides, the Mad Dog didn't get screwed even a tenth as hard as the poor li'l Ice Ferret...

But the Woman O' Peace lacks the pod space to use sufficient dakka. :(

#7 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostCarrie Harder, on 17 September 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

DIRE WHALE.

#8 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

Besides, the Mad Dog didn't get screwed even a tenth as hard as the poor li'l Ice Ferret...

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed with the Ferret configs they chose. Hopefully they sneak in the B or D pods. Please, Russ? Niko?

#9 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

View Post1453 R, on 17 September 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

DIRE WHALE.

But the Whale is slow. :(

#10 Raigir

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUS

Besides, the Mad Dog didn't get screwed even a tenth as hard as the poor li'l Ice Ferret...

Ice Ferret Prime can swap out the left side torso for the C's missile hardpoint and the right arm for the A's energy + ams hardpoints. Giving you 3 energy 1 missile + ams for the prime. If you use the A or C as the base thats 4 energy 1 missile + ams. That's workable.

Edit: B and D pods would be nice.... Who knows, with only 4 mechs this time they might squeeze in more omni pods per mech this time around.

Edited by Raigir, 17 September 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#11 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Have you seen the Myst Lynx??

Bap - Fixed
JJ's - Fixed

Only 3.5 tons of armor with 7.5 tons of pod space lol...

To make that thing even REMOTELY viable they are going to have to allow you to remove some of that...

Edited by Saxie, 17 September 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#12 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,459 posts

The A-variant Ice Ferret, man.

THE A VARIANT.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Somebody club Piranha until we get the D variant instead. Mono-AC/2 variant is nowhere even remotely close to needed T_T

#13 Empyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:58 PM

I hope the left C Pod will be available. I want my Mad Dog C, the only dual gauss mech i'd really use ever. (Even with complete lack of extra ammo (2 tons per gun), or backup weapons. Gotta be careful...)

#14 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:00 PM

We don't know if these arms are optional Omni pods or atleast one arm.

#15 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostCarrie Harder, on 17 September 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

So, ether the Dakka Whale or a Man-O-War speeder. I dunno, I prefer going over 90 with 6 Energy hard points with a ballistic and keeping up with other heavies over going 53 and getting there by the time the battle is won :P And this is from someone who drives the Dire Whale the most out of all the mechs I own XD

And its a good thing we didn't get the C config for the Mad Dog. We don't need another dual Gauss Jag in the game. The Jag is doing a fine job as is.

Edited by Blue doqyn, 17 September 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#16 Empyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:04 PM

View PostWhatzituyah, on 17 September 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

We don't know if these arms are optional Omni pods or atleast one arm.

Which mechs have those ATM? Aside from C arm for the Kit Fox and some part for the Nova?

#17 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

The little arms are so bad! What is the matter with Alex??? He knows better than this.

Fecking MW4 ruined this mech and MWO was not supposed to be following that path. Bah, trick us with an earlier concept and then bam, surprise MW4 Vulture! Hope you don't care about the classic silhouettes.

#18 Carrie Harder

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostBlue doqyn, on 17 September 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

So, ether the Dakka Whale or a Man-O-War speeder. I dunno, I prefer going over 90 with 6 Energy hard points with a ballistic and keeping up with other heavies over going 53 and getting there by the time the battle is won :P And this is from someone who drives the Dire Whale the most out of all the mechs I own XD

And its a good thing we didn't get the C config for the Mad Dog. We don't need another dual Gauss Jag in the game. The Jag is doing a fine job as is.

Trying to do Dual Gauss on the Mad Doge would result in either using less than max armor and/or having very low ammo reserves. The mounts would also be just as low as the laser arms are. It wouldn't even be that practical. I just want 5 or 10 rated LBX or UACs that fire really fast. :D

#19 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

View PostOzric, on 17 September 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

The little arms are so bad! What is the matter with Alex??? He knows better than this.

Fecking MW4 ruined this mech and MWO was not supposed to be following that path. Bah, trick us with an earlier concept and then bam, surprise MW4 Vulture! Hope you don't care about the classic silhouettes.

I see the Classic Silhouettes here for the Mad Dog. I am also glad the barrels are not longer. From the side they would be very easy to hit since they would be as long as your whole torso. Plus the sides were shrunk to match the original TRO model so they will be hard to hit. The whole mech screams Mad Dog, least to me.

View PostCarrie Harder, on 17 September 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

Trying to do Dual Gauss on the Mad Doge would result in either using less than max armor and/or having very low ammo reserves. The mounts would also be just as low as the laser arms are. It wouldn't even be that practical. I just want 5 or 10 rated LBX or UACs that fire really fast. :D

Exactly... XD If we got the TRO arms as they were for the C being high up it would be ok, but if not the arms would likely be under used heavily and no one would care for the C since you would be taking shots in the dirt a lot.

Edited by Blue doqyn, 17 September 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#20 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

The cockpit is so much higher than the arms, it's going to take a while to get used to how low the arms feel when firing. But the mech truly is designed to rain death from the top of a hill.

Man the 6xSRM6 build might retire 55 ton brawlers for good. Would 6 x SSRM4 ista-gib a Spider?

Edited by Kevjack, 17 September 2014 - 04:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users