First Time In Two Months...

11 replies to this topic

#1 The Mad Katter

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

What's changed since I last played at the end of July? Not a Thing. The ECM is still all on the same team, and the team with all the ECM wipes the other team out with barely a scratch. Good job PGI.

Edited by Mal, 18 September 2014 - 07:27 PM.
bypassing language filter is bad.

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:27 PM

View PostRagna Rokker, on 18 September 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

What's changed since I last played at the end of July? Not a Thing. The ECM is still all on the same team, and the team with all the ECM wipes the other team out with barely a scratch. Good job PGI.

Actually, one thing's changed: You're going to get a lot less sympathy for "PGI is the SUXXORs" than two months ago.

cleaned up quoted moderated content

#3 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:28 PM

Yes, the matchmaker is indeed out to get you.

Posted Image

<Rant thread reported>

#4 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

Here's an idea: read through the main page of topics before you post. You might get a better idea of the situation at the moment.

Edited by Mal, 18 September 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#5 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

I get scared when I see these scenarios at the start of a match:

1) Our team has no ECM.

2) In group queue, the enemy has 10 (or 12 sync dropped) players from the same unit.

3) Our team has 3 or more (C) Champion mechs.

4) Our team has no Clan mechs.

But this isn't an automatic loss. I'll admit that probably 50% of the time we lose its because of one or more of these things, but often enough our team wins as well. Sometimes, after a loss, I want to point my finger at a reason, like out-tonned, out-ECMed, out-Clanned, but no, its just because we made a wrong turn, or split up, or capped, or something.

#6 Nauht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:49 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 18 September 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

Actually, one thing's changed: You're going to get a lot less sympathy for "PGI is the SUXXORs" than two months ago.

Only cos they decided to delete and ban those users from these forums. They're still there, PGi still got alot of catching up to do, not just game wise but good will wise.

Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make the problems go away.

#7 PaladinCrow

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 23 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGeorgia USA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

Dude if you are going to just jump onto the forum and start spouting nonsense. Just don't. A lot has changed since a month ago. PGI is now in full control and that is a new development. In just a week customer support had increased by leaps and bounds.

So before you make a grand statement such as "nothing hasn't changed", do the proper research first.

Edit: oh and just tonight my team wiped the other that had 3 ECM. (A Spider, Atlas, and Kitfox) You just need to help your team recognize the ECM threat and then act on it.

Edited by thakillaposse42, 18 September 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#8 Mothykins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

We are currently working with Russ on that. You should read the forums. And the stickied posts.

View PostNauht, on 18 September 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

Only cos they decided to delete and ban those users from these forums. They're still there, PGi still got alot of catching up to do, not just game wise but good will wise.

Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make the problems go away.

Actually, they unbanned most of them. Sandpit's back, for one.

Edited by Mal, 18 September 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#9 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:01 PM

Thanks for your responses.

Would have to look at the past two months of patch notes to tally up all the changes, sure seemed like a lot as we worked on it. But regardless we are going to see a new map on Tuesday !

Making strong progress on a full IS Quirk pass. For the first time mentioned we are also making good progress on a revamp of the reward system, both a better way to display the rewards as they happen in game and improved role rewards especially for light and medium, more on that later.

More info as I can share it.

#10 Mazerius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn Your Periphery Stealin Your Planets

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

Reading and forum searching are OP and should be nerfed, seriously I was one shot CT crit by reading a forum post, the word alphas some posters are able to use are rediculous!

#11 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

Guess you are still as bad as you were at the end of July then? /shrug.

Learn to use PPC's and UAV's if you find ECM to be the end all.
Blast from the past? i had to check to see if it was a necro bump

Edited by Mal, 18 September 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#12 Cade Windstalker

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostTastian, on 18 September 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

I get scared when I see these scenarios at the start of a match:

1) Our team has no ECM.

2) In group queue, the enemy has 10 (or 12 sync dropped) players from the same unit.

3) Our team has 3 or more (C) Champion mechs.

4) Our team has no Clan mechs.

But this isn't an automatic loss. I'll admit that probably 50% of the time we lose its because of one or more of these things, but often enough our team wins as well. Sometimes, after a loss, I want to point my finger at a reason, like out-tonned, out-ECMed, out-Clanned, but no, its just because we made a wrong turn, or split up, or capped, or something.

The single biggest losing factor is when the team takes up a poor position or the team splits up and gets stomped in chunks.

Poor positioning is probalby the single biggest factor in stomp games and also seems to be the most random aspect since players will react differently based on the 11 other people on their team. Less of an issue in Group Queue but then you run into other issues.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users