#21 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:19 AM

View PostXarian, on 19 September 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

Russ already responded to a similar topic complaining about flamers. He said that the weapon would require an overhaul, which I agree with. He also said that it's pretty low priority compared to everything else right now and he didn't want to pull anyone off of anything else to work on flamers.

It's a real pity. I guess they're focusing entirely on balancing the clans now, but IS weaponry still needs some significant changes. The "aggressive balancing" they once talked about never really happened. Small lasers and small pulse lasers are almost never used, pulse lasers in general are for the eccentrics. And the AC2 got nerfed hard because people found it annoying to get shaken by AC2 barrages, but now we have Clan mechs with quad UAC2s, so it's time to give Inner Sphere AC2s a purpose again.

And as an Adder pilot, I feel kind of like I'm piloting an Atlas D-DC without being able to remove a non-functioning command console. I basically can't do anything with the flamer, except as a joke.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 20 September 2014 - 01:20 AM.

#22 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:56 AM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 19 September 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

Flamers are OP in that they can completely blind someone when aimed at their cockpit.

A thinner stream of flame might alleviate that.

Awwwww, they can blind you... okay, that's hard. Please nerf them immediately.
If the word "OP" is used in this context, it shouldn't be taken serious.
But thanks for the information, I will aim at the cockpit now all the time, so the flamer is doing something useful.

But to be honest, it would be nice buff if Flamers wouldn't generate so much heat by itself. I want to increase the enemies heat, not my own! The heat it generates made me avoid flamers in every mech.

And if even the Adders got that quircks "Rate of heat loss" and/or "Heat generation (Energy)" like the Awesome, would be fine. I would accept a quirck that only advantages the flamers and not the laser and PPC weaponry.

#23 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:58 AM

With proper heatscale Flamers could have their use.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users