42 replies to this topic

#41 divinedisclaimer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 19 September 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

You are very wrong there sir.

It doesn't matter what mech you are in, If you are legged it is a death sentence. Period.

I regularly leg heavy mechs, then I leave him because they are not in the fight anymore, they are not an issue.

This is what I hope to fix.

Losing both legs isn't a death in tabletop, why should it be in MWO? As mentioned you don't lose legs in MWO, they only get ruined. They don't pop off, they don't blow up, they just stop working as effectively.

What I am advocating is something called game balance. (Read my signature)

This is just one of those instances where curbing the negative feelings and hatred is well worth stretching the Battletech rules a bit. Because the benefit is a net gain for everyone.

I have had matches where I spent 5+ minutes legged and in combat but they're very rare. I do agree that the destroyed leg mechanics could be replaced with something that allowed them to remain more relevant, possibly as simply as doubling the snared speed to 30kph, which is slower than any viable build in the game.

#42 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 September 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

Yes, because stun lock makes so much more sense. Like a legged mech isn't screwed enough, without people being able to pepper you with Chainfired LRMs or ac2s or even bloody MG to ensure you cannot retreat before you die?

I don't believe I expressed my opinion on what happens when you get legged in the game. I merely described what happens and that it is working as designed. Not that I liked or even agreed with it.

I'm almost always on your side Bishop, don't let's fall out now. :P

#43 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostArnold J Rimmer, on 20 September 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

I don't believe I expressed my opinion on what happens when you get legged in the game. I merely described what happens and that it is working as designed. Not that I liked or even agreed with it.

I'm almost always on your side Bishop, don't let's fall out now. :P

wasn't griping at you, was griping at PGI. Sorry it came out sounding otherwise. This stunlock thing pisses me off, tho. lol.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users